Grille 15 review

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tepach_Svinja_Kaljavih #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30311 battles
This is just a warning to people who maybe might want to grind it. Dont waste your time. Tank is ultra bad, so bad that i think its a joke. Theres a rumor that this is sniping tank, but in reality its not even close. Turret have TERRIBLE gun handling, aiming circle every time u move your "turret" become big as a house, so u have to wait like 4-5 seconds to shrink to minimum (while in description of tank it says its 1.6 sec), and after you finaly fully aimed theres extremly high chance to miss target, and even if u hit you probably gona bounce, i bounced countless tanks, even scouts with no armor, many, way to many times. Penetration is pretty bad for tier X and TD, my swedish Udes 03 at tier 8 have more penetration than Grille at tier X. Yes, it have top speed of 60, but also awful terrain resistance. Tank traverse is SO BAD, SOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAD, that i think even most slowest tanks in the game can beat him, u have a feeling that u cant turn at all, for real. And u want to go in reverse? Nope, better forget about that, it can barrely move, its like a snail. Also, bonus is NON EXISTING cammo, ofc becouse tank is apsolutly huge, and on top of that u have a turret that cannot turn much and best of all its so tall that you will be spoted all the time behind ridge before you spot any1, u dont even have to poke with gun, you will be spoted like 3-4 seconds before that. And yeah, u dont have armor, so prepare to soak all those nice HE shells and receive bonus damage. All in all tank is absolute garbage, not worth grinding and pale shadow even to what it was once before nerf, and i wont even mention and compare it to WT E100 who was replaced with this, so called TD. I regret every second i spent trying to get him.

XOR42 #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17919 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi there!

I won't start with "All due respect but" because English folk know this really means "I am about to tell you something with no respect whatsoever", so...

Maybe you just don't know how it's supposed to be played? And besides, those high alpha T8-10 TD's have a very strange place in the meta. I'm sure some of our competent forumites do quite well in it..  ..but I get it - you've ground it out and you're not doing well in it? right? Doesn't mean its bad in the right hands.

Aslo, formatting dude!

GL

Matcorr #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22747 battles

I agree with the gun handling, it's just awful but it's a situational tank, on most maps you won't be able to do much unless you get lucky with dumb enemies. Just need to wait for the maps like Prok and Malinovka and preaim where tanks are likely to show up.

Oh you know, just load full HE and go troll mode.

Scratch that, I just bounced on a freakin Conway.

Edited by Matcorr, 16 September 2017 - 06:46 PM.

ApocalypseSquad #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26666 battles
Take a look under the German tanks section of the forum OP.  There is a fair amount about the Grille 15 there.  I think they generally share your opinion.  As do I....

denisdenikr #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16464 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
high bloom on turret move is well known problem with most German "sniping" tanks... And really kills all that "German good sniper" s*it" in practice... 

Edited by denisdenikr, 16 September 2017 - 05:50 PM.

japtank #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27698 battles

Grile 15 is the only tank I reliably 'pixel shot' with.

Try that with, for example, an American TD :justwait:

_Anarchistic_ #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41281 battles

View Postjaptank, on 16 September 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

​perhaps, but grille only really has its gun, that is what it is all about, no camo, no armour, really slow reverse and turn speeds and very limited gun traverse so you cannot even position yourself to compensate, for example like the tier 9

American tds have armour and are a totally different type of td and you can actually snapshot with them, Grille you have to fully aim always

final note, I don't know any tank in the game like the grille for shots that do zero damage even when you hit, its frustrating as hell

edit no idea why I quoted you three times !!

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 16 September 2017 - 07:10 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #8 Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 26647 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
before the nerf it was a light saber amongst cudgels. Now it is a rapier. It requires finesse.

5everin #9 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 16 September 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

​perhaps, but grille only really has its gun, that is what it is all about, no camo, no armour, really slow reverse and turn speeds and very limited gun traverse so you cannot even position yourself to compensate, for example like the tier 9

American tds have armour and are a totally different type of td and you can actually snapshot with them, Grille you have to fully aim always

final note, I don't know any tank in the game like the grille for shots that do zero damage even when you hit, its frustrating as hell

edit no idea why I quoted you three times !!

It has straight line speed and acceleration. Those US TD's are never going to get into position ready for early shots like the Grille can. (of course that can be a bad thing too :) )

As for the 0 damage try most British and the leo1...fully aimed or wasted shell. Even then you can pull off the most impressive fail to pens followed by getting snapshot back through the ammo rack. At least the Grille aims fast.

Edited by 5everin, 25 September 2017 - 06:52 PM.

ClassicFrog #10 Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 45741 battles
Grille needs alpha damage reduction (give it 12,8 gun from WT maybe?), gun depression buff and fully traversable turret.

JocMeister #11 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23995 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

So its worse than the WT PzIV?  I read a lot of bad things about the WT before I got it but I find it a fantastic TD. Just about the unlock the Grille but I dont want to burn 6 millions on something that is a downgrade?

Phobos4321 #12 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

General

• Player
  • 43375 battles

its situational  if you keep it hidden and the rng wont troll you  you might do fine  http://wotreplays.eu...e/3845937#stats

thought sometimes it feels like its gun is even less reliable than the 17cm  of the JPZ E100, missing full aimed shots or bouncing of some french T8 scouts, hitting the tracks of a spg for 0 damage without even destroying the tracks  

the testserver is up so go there and test it yourself ...

Zhul87 #13 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21598 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostJocMeister, on 26 September 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

So its worse than the WT PzIV?  I read a lot of bad things about the WT before I got it but I find it a fantastic TD. Just about the unlock the Grille but I dont want to burn 6 millions on something that is a downgrade?

WT auf PzIV is the overall better package, so don't waste you credits for the Grille 15. Appreciate the 12,8cm gun on the T9 and you are golden because even T10 artillery has better gun handling than the Grille 15.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users