Ah Malinovka A5 The Hidden Portal to another dimention

malinovka camping campinovka invisible td

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mehiel #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12241 battles

So after a bit of a break from wot i came back for some more salt, third game in and it reminds me how "fun" certain mechanics are in the game.

Check out this game, was doing ok in my t30 close to the end decided to push a jagpanzer2 that was clearly camping behind the church on malinovka (a5). How fun was it to get shoot 4 or 5 times by him without spoting him ever at around 50-100 meters (look at the hit indicators). I get double bush, cammo and stuff but things like that are gamebreaking imo, and that was a jagpanther2 not anything with extreme cammo like the swedish chesse wedges.

And now im curious, what was the optimal play there? to camp him out? since i cant spoot him even at that range my options as a top tier was to camp until he moves or my team caps or spots him... not to fun gameplay. note to self camp more, try less.

What do you guys think?

http://wotreplays.eu...ovka-mehiel-t30

Steel_Patriot #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43018 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG
Batchat spotted you and kept you spotted. I know where the JP was as as ive used that spot myself  and its behind several layers of trees and pretty much suicide rushing it alone

Pansenmann #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
T30 is quite huge. Are you sure the bush covered every spotting points?
Could you have been spotted by someone else?

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21414 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Not sure if it was the same map but I was driving through bushes in my WZ and actually crashed into an enemy tank before the sixth sense went off, and as I hit him side on I suspect his hadn't gone off either if he had it

which I didn't think could even happen because of the proxy spotting within 50 metres

Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

General

• Player
  • 26612 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostMike_Mckay, on 16 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Not sure if it was the same map but I was driving through bushes in my WZ and actually crashed into an enemy tank before the sixth sense went off, and as I hit him side on I suspect his hadn't gone off either if he had it

which I didn't think could even happen because of the proxy spotting within 50 metres

50 meters is correct. it works.. but of course lag, delay and your speed are factors.

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 16 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

6:the sense proc after roughly 3 seconds.

If the speed you are driving at excel 50m/3s then it is entirely possible to drive into someone before 6:th sense proc. Especially if you are driving through heavy bushes with a high camo tank.

50m/3s = 17m/s, or 62km/have

Add some ping/delay to that aswell and you can experience it at lower speeds.

Shivvering #7 Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29851 battles
I agree the bush and camo mechanics are crap. I feel like they should make light tanks a hard counter to camping TDs, give them the spotting power to reveal them from 350m+

AliceUnchained #8 Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

And that is why we always ask for replays... BatChat 12t was the one spotting (once you get passed the church it is even revealed to your side), and that JagPanther II will be behind at least 3 rows of bushes. Judging by your chat nonsense you also seem to think it was still in the exact same location as spotted minutes before while almost surely will have moved back further.

As for having camo and stuff, that would only be the crew skill then as you have no camouflage net nor camouflage paint. Assuming ventilation and BIA the T30 will have a factor of 10.50 on the move according to wotinfo.net. 

Mehiel #9 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12241 battles

well i learned 2 things with this topic. 

One is that half the people dont even bother watching a replay before they respond.

Second is that the ones that watch it miss the point as i KNOW the batchat spotted me, and i never argued about me being spotted.

my question, problem and concearn is how the jagpanther2 can shoot me 5 times in a row at 50-100 meters without being spoted by me, and if you guys think the whole invisible tanks cus bushes mechanic is ok or broken.

And i know he relocated from his last position but only few slightly if you look at the damage indicator directions you can see he was basicly sitting at the maps edge 50-100 meters away in multiple bushes.

Anyhow thanks for the replays i guess, next time ill learn to camp more myself, since that seems to be the best option with cammo mechanics working like that

Mike_Mckay #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21414 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostZlatanArKung, on 17 September 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

6:the sense proc after roughly 3 seconds.

If the speed you are driving at excel 50m/3s then it is entirely possible to drive into someone before 6:th sense proc. Especially if you are driving through heavy bushes with a high camo tank.

50m/3s = 17m/s, or 62km/have

Add some ping/delay to that aswell and you can experience it at lower speeds.

Yeah it was the WZ prem TD not a WZ heavy, so I guess that makes sense then, plus I had crested a slight hill but I didn't think cover affected the proxy spotting but it probably didn't help either

Cheers

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMehiel, on 17 September 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

my question, problem and concearn is how the jagpanther2 can shoot me 5 times in a row at 50-100 meters without being spoted by me, and if you guys think the whole invisible tanks cus bushes mechanic is ok or broken.

It was answered at least twice already, by me and Conor. So I would suggest reading our responses once more. You merely assume that JagdPanther II was at 50 - 100 m distance, yet you have no idea where exactly he was. Furthermore, with triple bush cover you'd have a really hard time spotting it when it would be fully kitted for camouflage, whereas you seem to lack most view range enhancements and have ~400 meters effectively I'm guessing.

So rather than trying to debate whether mechanics are broken or not, make an effort to actually understand them.

Avtonom #12 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34170 battles
  • [HAMI] HAMI

first JP2 might have spotted you, moved slightly back behind several bushes and shot you 2 times. Then when you moved past the church it was already BC who spotted you and JP2 merely used that opportunity to continue killing you. What can possibly be wrong with camo mechanics when you do not see the tank shooting at you from behind several bushes or just one bush more than 15 meters away? Thats how bushes work in this game and thats basics. 

What you could have done better in this game?  - Instead of driving forward down the slope you either should have waited and sniped from the hill or (and thats what I would do) jumped down the hill and continued your move covered by a ridge on your right side

Also tagged with malinovka, camping, campinovka, invisible, td

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users