Jump to content


ROLL OVERS


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

w00lfie #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 51898 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

Please can we get  equipment repairs for tank roll over  I am pis** off and not being to right a tank after being put on its side 

after all if u can fix a track in the middle of a battle in an instant then surely you can right at tank 

say after 10 seconds 

ether that take it back out of the game and put the fun back into the fast tanks 



Shivvering #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29059 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View Postw00lfie, on 16 September 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Please can we get  equipment repairs for tank roll over  I am pis** off and not being to right a tank after being put on its side 

after all if u can fix a track in the middle of a battle in an instant then surely you can right at tank 

say after 10 seconds 

ether that take it back out of the game and put the fun back into the fast tanks 

 

But then how would the douchebags grief the Swe TD's?

mrmoff10 #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3775 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    10-25-2014

Don't worry mate, if I see you on your roof in a battle I'll give you a shove.

i seem to be the only one lately that stops to help team mates. 



Version43 #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6606 battles
  • 180
  • [0N] 0N
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

Tank Crane class 1 - 3. Why not. A win win for everyone. It should take 10 seconds to put the tank upright. Free credits for WG and it bothers no one who would never use such equipment. And they could make a better version for bonds.

 

 


 



BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22408 battles
  • 8,768
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postw00lfie, on 16 September 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Please can we get  equipment repairs for tank roll over  I am pis** off and not being to right a tank after being put on its side 

after all if u can fix a track in the middle of a battle in an instant then surely you can right at tank 

say after 10 seconds 

ether that take it back out of the game and put the fun back into the fast tanks 

How often is this happening to you?



japtank #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27619 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

Helping a team mate can get you banned because of the repeated ramming damage.

I do try to help, but only give it one or two tries.

 

It should be easier to get a friend back on tracks.

Not 'physics' correct, of course, but neat.



Aikl #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
I got banned recently for being helped last week. The "helper" did a poor job, though.

ExclamationMark #8 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
If you are bad enough to flip your tank you deserve to stay overturned. It has never happened to me and I play a lot of mobile tanks.

w00lfie #9 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 51898 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

once on roof or side what use are you . if you cant right a tank then track repairs should be out off the game as well 

after all how many tanks fixed their tracks in the heat of the battle

no they were recovered then repaired after battle 

not as in game in an instant so bring back fair play

if you can fix a track the fix a roll over

that's all I am saying  



w00lfie #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 51898 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

as for how may times lol loads ps not all in the same place :teethhappy:

now I know pz 1 s were top heavy but go over a slight rise not straight and boom triple roll 

looks good but W>T>F>anyway please just a small fix on repair would be good 



fighting_falcon93 #11 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:18 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29786 battles
  • 3,433
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013
I don't get this... Why play a tank game if you don't want the tanks to behave like tanks? Instead of complaining about turning over your tank, learn to drive it properly and it won't turn over.

BravelyRanAway #12 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22408 battles
  • 8,768
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postw00lfie, on 16 September 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

as for how may times lol loads ps not all in the same place :teethhappy:

 

In that case....stick these on.....



Isharial #13 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,309
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 September 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

I don't get this... Why play a tank game if you don't want the tanks to behave like tanks? Instead of complaining about turning over your tank, learn to drive it properly and it won't turn over.

 

tbh tanks had to have recovery vehicles in reality to replace engines etc... so if they drove from the closest map edge and rolled you over again with the crane or something, it would still be "realistic"

 

this game however is far from portraying realism, so this idea is no more farfetched than engines that never break, crew that come back to life after an ammo rack explosion (of which they'd most likely be sprayed onto the tank sides!) and tracks that can be repaired in 2 seconds...


 

it should fit in quite nicely don't you think?


Edited by Isharial, 17 September 2017 - 12:46 AM.


w00lfie #14 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 51898 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

its not that the tank rolls over thing  its not being able to right them lol 

if it was real life and not a game the repair to tank tracks  would not be allowed  you would be dead 

I am asking for a little bit of balance in the repair side of things 

not a debate on how badly I play  and boy do I play badly :child:

 

and if you want tanks to behave like tanks then when are heavies going to get stuck in mud 

or break a bridge if they try to cross over it 

after all when turning a tiger they were prone to shed a track  why does that not happen ?

 


Edited by w00lfie, 17 September 2017 - 01:01 AM.


fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29786 battles
  • 3,433
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostIsharial, on 17 September 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

tbh tanks had to have recovery vehicles in reality to replace engines etc... so if they drove from the closest map edge and rolled you over again with the crane or something, it would still be "realistic"

 

Yes, but that would apply after the battle. No cranes are going to drive right into the battle, a flipped tank would simply be abandoned and recovered later :)

 

View PostIsharial, on 17 September 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

this game however is far from portraying realism, so this idea is no more farfetched than engines that never break, crew that come back to life after an ammo rack explosion (of which they'd most likely be sprayed onto the tank sides!) and tracks that can be repaired in 2 seconds...

 

it should fit in quite nicely don't you think?

 

Some elements in the game are unrealistic, yes. But IMHO that doesn't mean that WG should add more unrealistic stuff just for the sake of it not being realistic anyway. The only time realism should be simplyfied or avoided is when it has a direct conflic with the funfactor. Being able to turn over contributes to both realism and the funfactor, mainly because it forces the player to actually watch where he's driving instead of just pressing W like a drunkard and saying "ooops". Ofc this is just my opnion :)



Isharial #16 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,309
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 September 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

 

Yes, but that would apply after the battle. No cranes are going to drive right into the battle, a flipped tank would simply be abandoned and recovered later :)

 

 

Some elements in the game are unrealistic, yes. But IMHO that doesn't mean that WG should add more unrealistic stuff just for the sake of it not being realistic anyway. The only time realism should be simplyfied or avoided is when it has a direct conflic with the funfactor. Being able to turn over contributes to both realism and the funfactor, mainly because it forces the player to actually watch where he's driving instead of just pressing W like a drunkard and saying "ooops". Ofc this is just my opnion :)

 

aye I get what you mean.. but I do think something should be done... yes sometimes we end up on our sides.. shouldn't be down to someone else to right us

perhaps a consumable that rights you.. that way it being a choice like fight extinguisher? you'd atleast have to pay for the service that way



Jigabachi #17 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,588
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Easy solution: Learn to drive properly. (And to use punctuation.)

WG should still fix the issues around tracks and vertical surfaces, but if you turn over yourtank, you deserve to stay turned over...

fighting_falcon93 #18 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29786 battles
  • 3,433
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View Postw00lfie, on 17 September 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

its not that the tank rolls over thing  its not being able to right them lol 

 

Because if you drove your tank that badly, it's a mistake that should be punished. Just like if you drive out of a cliff there won't be a magical helicopter arriving after 10 seconds to put you back on the map.

 

View Postw00lfie, on 17 September 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

[comparing realism]

 

Realism isn't binary. Just because there's some elements in the game that are unrealistic, doesn't mean that WG should make everything in the game unrealistic. You can repair your tracks etc because it would affect the funfactor too much if you couldn't. Being able to roll back your turned over tank doesn't affect the funfactor in the same way simpl because it's quite uncommon to flip the tank over in the first place.



fighting_falcon93 #19 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29786 battles
  • 3,433
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostIsharial, on 17 September 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

shouldn't be down to someone else to right us

 

Why not? I know that some players are utterly useless at teamplay, but at the same time there are a lot of teamplayers that actually play for the team, and seeing some kind of team interaction between players on the same team makes this game so much more fun. I've lost count of how many times I've helped allies to flip back their tanks. Only time I don't do it is if that would put myself in enemy fire. Teamplay is so rare in this game that I really think it's something that should be promoted, not discarded :)



Isharial #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,309
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 September 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

 

Why not? I know that some players are utterly useless at teamplay, but at the same time there are a lot of teamplayers that actually play for the team, and seeing some kind of team interaction between players on the same team makes this game so much more fun. I've lost count of how many times I've helped allies to flip back their tanks. Only time I don't do it is if that would put myself in enemy fire. Teamplay is so rare in this game that I really think it's something that should be promoted, not discarded :)

 

I agree.. but like an O-I driver said on serene coast, you cant flip a beached whale...

this was after they managed to pay little enough attention to the game that it rolled on it side :teethhappy:

a dicker max tried to right it, but lets face it.. a 150 ton tank isnt going to move an inch....


 

that's why I like this idea... you can roll back things your team has no hope of rolling back






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users