If you want a BOT banned then don't report him for bot/afk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

DorsVenabiIi #1 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23624 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

It doesn't work. Instead report them for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

I have never heard of anyone getting banned because they got reported for bot/afk, and let's face it, sub 45% accounts would not exist if it worked. 

Don't report them for insult and provocations either, they will only get chatbanned, and that won't really do much against a bot. Oh and I can confirm reporting for insults and provocations work, because I myself and other players that I know of have been chatbanned, just in case you didn't know. 

If you report them for offensive clanname/username their usernames or clannames are just going to get changed, nothing more.

However if you report someone for unsportsmanlike conduct they can potentially get their accounts banned. I can confirm this does work since I myself have been banned for a day for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

If you want someone banned, report them for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Homer_J #2 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 17 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I have never heard of anyone getting banned because they got reported for bot/afk,

An ex clanmate had his account wiped for botting.

Isharial #3 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19841 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 17 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I have never heard of anyone getting banned because they got reported for bot/afk, and let's face it, sub 45% accounts would not exist if it worked.

Don't report them for insult and provocations either, they will only get chatbanned, and that won't really do much against a bot. Oh and I can confirm reporting for insults and provocations work, because I myself and other players that I know of have been chatbanned, just in case you didn't know.

If you report them for offensive clanname/username their usernames or clannames are just going to get changed, nothing more.

However if you report someone for unsportsmanlike conduct they can potentially get their accounts banned. I can confirm this does work since I myself have been banned for a day for unsportsmanlike conduct.

bot/inaction reports are a little harder to put together, how do you know some 43% player is actually a bot and not say, playing on a laptop with a trackpad and wireless? if you banned the player for bot and its not a bot, how would the company get out of the hole they dug into?

unsportmanlike conduct is bannable however because you don't have to check that, they know what you've done so they can ban easier this way, and it doesn't matter if its a real human or a bot, as that doesn't apply

but sending "false" reports? id rather report for what its supposed to be reported for, than faking it to get them banned for something they didn't commit

thanks OP, for showing what a complete fail you really are.... :facepalm:

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #4 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
did you used to grass on people at school and be a teachers pet, and also at work did you used to, spy on workmates. Just got a feeling you are that type OP.

Laiskamato #5 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45943 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 17 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

You really want to bring the unsportsmanlike bans back?

You don't seem too clever person.

Next post from this dude will be i was banned for unsportsmanlike and i didn't do anything...

Edited by Laiskamato, 17 September 2017 - 12:47 PM.

qqq10 #6 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23497 battles

View PostIsharial, on 17 September 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

bot/inaction reports are a little harder to put together, how do you know some 43% player is actually a bot and not say, playing on a laptop with a trackpad and wireless? if you banned the player for bot and its not a bot, how would the company get out of the hole they dug into?

I once played using only my keyboard (using arrow keys to move the camera), for lols. Still got into the top 3 of exp and dmg. So bad hardware isn't an excuse. And what's wrong in reporting 43% amoebas? I'd rather have a bot, than a moron that's actively working against his own team.

Isharial #7 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19841 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqqq10, on 17 September 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

I once played using only my keyboard (using arrow keys to move the camera), for lols. Still got into the top 3 of exp and dmg. So bad hardware isn't an excuse. And what's wrong in reporting 43% amoebas? I'd rather have a bot, than a moron that's actively working against his own team.

nothing's wrong with it, don't get me wrong, they should be playing, but banning someone as a bot, when they aren't a bot, isn't exactly a great business move

jack_timber #8 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33450 battles

Only use reports when action is required and TBH only use unsportsmanlike conduct, reckon I use only a couple a week, for folks pushing etc.

But my query is you report someone, at times a message in pink will pop up saying accepted. But what happens then?

WindSpIitter1 #9 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Bot reports work better. Unsportsmanlike reports were effective, but over a year ago they changed it as that system was being abused and now it doesn't do anything anymore. 

What bot reports do is stack up a few times and if someone has enough they get flagged. If a flagged person is AFK for an entire match at the end their tank will explode and their XP(and credit) gain will show as 0 on the after action report. Which is a technical impossibility even if you stand AFK in the cap. 

You don't see it often, but people who just AFK get punished. 

ApocalypseSquad #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26496 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 17 September 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Only use reports when action is required and TBH only use unsportsmanlike conduct, reckon I use only a couple a week, for folks pushing etc.

But my query is you report someone, at times a message in pink will pop up saying accepted. But what happens then?

I am not sure I understand?  It's a reporting system.  You have reported them.  It does what it says on the tin.

Wait...., you don't mean that you though that someone actually DID something with the reports did you???

That's so cute!

Kartoshkaya #11 Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
Maybe because bots don't complain on forums ?

Shaade_Silentpaw #12 Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22689 battles
I always report them for both anyway. Using a bot/going afk IS unsportsmanlike conduct.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21519 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostLaiskamato, on 17 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

You really want to bring the unsportsmanlike bans back?

You don't seem too clever person.

Next post from this dude will be i was banned for unsportsmanlike and i didn't do anything...

http://forum.worldof...nt-do-anything/

Jbnn #14 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

• 9694 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Non-constructive thread closed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users