Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18177 battles
Please leave any feedback on earning bonds for awards here

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29335 battles

1. Please allow us to buy permanent camouflage with bonds. From what I've understood you want the bonds to act as a new customization currency. And what suits it better to also put camouflage within this group?

2. The amount of bonds we get from medals is extremely low. I think it would be more appropriate if, for instance, a top gun would give around 100 bonds.

Dr_Oolen #3 Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20231 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
The bonds rewards could be multiplied by 20 across the board and it would just about start being acceptable amount.

ogremage #4 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31626 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Remove the bonds. Terrible idea.

Make the best players better by giving them even more in-game advantage. They are already spamming pure premium ammo at you and running food.

Why do you think they need even better advantage through improved equipment?

Taudlitz #5 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20170 battles
number of bonds for extremely rare medals like Pools etc is ridiculously low, it needs to be in realm of hundreds to make any sense. At the moment getting such medal and being rewarded by 10 bonds just urges players to find closest WG employe and punch im to face

Edited by Taudlitz, 22 September 2017 - 11:37 AM.

Dexatroph #6 Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 42297 battles

- the shown numbers are extreme low so that it is meaningless 

I don't say that bad players should earn enough bonds in just 10.000 battles, but it makes no sense to have an average player play 60.000 battles to earn the needed amount of bonds for on piece of equipment.

- the relation between the medals and bonds seems to be broken  Example: I don't think that a "Pool"-Medal at Tier X is just worth as much as 2 "Invader" medals.

- you should think about to add some specific rare and meaningful honoray ranks like Bombadier & For Counter-Battery Fire; maybe also the more important group rewards like Crucial Contribution and Armored Fist

- another idea could be to give a flat bonus or use a coefficent when a player get awarded with more than one medal

Example:  Right now such a good battle at Tier8  will be awarded with 6 bonds.  [High Caliber(1), Defender (3), Support (1), Steelwall (1)]  

You could give a flat bonus of X bonds for 2 medals in one battle, X bonds for 3 medals in one battle and so on or just use some factor like + x% for 2 medals, +X% for 3 medals, 

However the most important thing is to bring the numbers to so useful level so that average players can earn 1 piece of equipement in lets say ~12.000 battles at Tier 8. For that you have to multiply the current listed bonds by 5.

Edited by Dexatroph, 22 September 2017 - 12:11 PM.

Duvelske #7 Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17126 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
Again about bonds.. Sigh... You guys really did not listen to us last time where people were all outcrying about improved equipment. I even got on my last response that you can only mount 1 improved equipment on your vehicle.. Guess what? that info was false, you can mount it all. Some tanks even get almost a 1/2 second of reload time depending on crew skills, kind of modules and directives. Just remove that improved equipment and let people use directives for a bit of boost on their crew only. Since we have food and a directive for faster reload would mean you have an unfair advantage. Especially since it is still more easy to get as a good player then a bad. So you reward the good players again more. So remove the improved equipment, keep directives and let us use bonds for skipping personal missions, buy prem cammo, gold ammo or even to use to get exp unlocked from prem or elite tanks. Or perhaps let us buy special tanks with bonds. 

johnjoe #8 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42543 battles
Giving the better players more of an advantage with better equipment will deter new players, the games life blood. Reward good game play with unique skins, not something that creates a bigger gap that will make ppl leave the game. Its so short sighted.

Danger_UXB_ #9 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9306 battles

New 'Bonds' system ?.Why introduce it in the first place as you already have an in-game currency?..

If you wanted to implement 'Extra/more powerful?' rewards then you could have easily placed them in the relevant tech trees and make them achievable that way by just activating a '+' next to the relevant so you can use

your 'Ingame rewards' that way?..(Players could have built up their eventual' 'More powerful' equipment that way..but anyway..

My concerns are with the fact that they are being implemented in the first place as this will give the 'Better players' an unfair advantage on the battlefield as no doubt they will acheive them alot quicker than the 'Average' players.

..Can you imagine these players taking this equipment to mid- low tiers and decimating the new players that are grinding in 'Stock-ish' tanks..it will kill the fun for them and you will lose customers left,right and centre.If

you have to do it at least keep it to the higher tiers (Mabye 9 and 10...Or even just 'Certain tanks?) so at least the new players/Players still learning will have a chance to flourish?...If you do not do this properly i fear this

game will just become a 'Kill fest' in those tiers and will not benefit anybody in the long run?..

Before these were implemented i would have liked to have seen the game (In its current state) 'Balanced' totally!!...but as you can see from many of your CC,s in the relevant vids on UT the game is not at the moment

so i think this whole approach towards this 'Benefit system for better players' (Lets face it?..Thats what it is) needs a more careful approach from WG....you can not do implement these by 'Trial and error' as you seem

to do with alot of what you produce??...it needs to be right from the start?.....or you will break even more a game that is broken already??

Thanks for your time.

Ph3lan #10 Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18177 battles

View PostDr_Oolen, on 21 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

The bonds rewards could be multiplied by 20 across the board and it would just about start being acceptable amount.

View PostTaudlitz, on 22 September 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

number of bonds for extremely rare medals like Pools etc is ridiculously low, it needs to be in realm of hundreds to make any sense. At the moment getting such medal and being rewarded by 10 bonds just urges players to find closest WG employe and punch im to face

We have seen a lot of people comment on this and we will make sure to report it to our dev team. However please bear in mind that:

1. This is only one of the ways to earn bonds (in addition to Ranked matches and Tier X only (Tier XII) matches.

2. This is still in the testing phase and the numbers are subject to change.

View Postogremage, on 22 September 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Remove the bonds. Terrible idea.

Make the best players better by giving them even more in-game advantage. They are already spamming pure premium ammo at you and running food.

Why do you think they need even better advantage through improved equipment?

The idea behind bonds is that we will make them available to everyone, that's why we are introducing more ways to get them. Once the whole system is implemented and working as intended it will work basically the same way as with credits and XP. Good players will earn it faster, but ultimately everyone will have access to them. 

HundeWurst #11 Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67583 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostPh3lan, on 22 September 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

We have seen a lot of people comment on this and we will make sure to report it to our dev team. However please bear in mind that:

1. This is only one of the ways to earn bonds (in addition to Ranked matches and Tier X only (Tier XII) matches.

The idea behind bonds is that we will make them available to everyone, that's why we are introducing more ways to get them. Once the whole system is implemented and working as intended it will work basically the same way as with credits and XP. Good players will earn it faster, but ultimately everyone will have access to them. 

That leaves one question to be asked?

Why implementing them in the first place if everyone has access to them in the future? Where is the point of them? For me it seems like a "Lets do §$%§Something$%&§" idea. There is no point in them any more.

Please dont misunderstand me here. I am heavily against bonds or more the rewards you can buy for them as they are just plain stupid. I dont want and need another advantage over worse players. This entire "idea" seems to turn into the typical WG failure.

Lets see what dies faster... ranked or bonds!? Bets are welcome.

PS: Also another question how are the glorious "Grand battles" going? Seems like they are dead. Nice to see them killed the very patch they were released! Heppi plejas DA DA DA Comrade? Some more Vodka?

Ph3lan #12 Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18177 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 22 September 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Why implementing them in the first place if everyone has access to them in the future? Where is the point of them? For me it seems like a "Lets do §$%§Something$%&§" idea. There is no point in them any more.

Please dont misunderstand me here. I am heavily against bonds or more the rewards you can buy for them as they are just plain stupid. I dont want and need another advantage over worse players. This entire "idea" seems to turn into the typical WG failure.

PS: Also another question how are the glorious "Grand battles" going? Seems like they are dead. Nice to see them killed the very patch they were released! Heppi plejas DA DA DA Comrade? Some more Vodka?

Come on WunderWurst, no need to be this passive-aggressive about this, let's keep an open mind here :) The point of them, as I said, is that it is a new form of currency. Initially we introduced them in Ranked battles only and people thought that only the best players will be able to use them and the improved equipment you could buy with them will give them an advantage over everyone else. This happened because we didn't communicate properly about our plans with bonds and that there will be other ways to earn them. That was our bad.

As our devs explained (in the tankfest/gamescom streams for example) we went with the Ranked implementation first because of several mostly technical/development reasons. Since then we have introduced another way of earning them (Tier X only battles and Grand battles) and now we are testing earning them on medals as well. Once all the ways are implemented and the bond economy is balanced it should work just like credits and XP, where everyone can earn them but at a rate which depends on their battle performance. 

Grand battles: I have seen a lot of feedback about them and people definitely seem interested. It is a completely new game mode and we might polish it more with upcoming patches, but I don't see any reason why you would think that they are dead. Our devs have access to all the data about the mode and if changes are needed based on that data and your feedback than we will make them, however at this point it is I think too early to tell. 

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29335 battles

The idea behind bonds is that we will make them available to everyone, that's why we are introducing more ways to get them.

Can we please be allowed to buy permanent camo for bonds? :)

Mr_Deo #14 Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39950 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostDr_Oolen, on 21 September 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Yea, the chart that is out there shows these being nearly useless.

Some of the really common ones might not need to be set high, but others should reward 500, 1k, or even more.

Also, why not make them retroactive... I can see why some would think this unfair, but unless the payout for these bonds go up A LOT, then most players wouldnt get enough for even 1 piece of equipment.

Edited by Mr_Deo, 22 September 2017 - 08:12 PM.

maroar #15 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29464 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

View PostPh3lan, on 22 September 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostWunderWurst, on 22 September 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Come on WunderWurst, no need to be this passive-aggressive about this, let's keep an open mind here :) The point of them, as I said, is that it is a new form of currency. Initially we introduced them in Ranked battles only and people thought that only the best players will be able to use them and the improved equipment you could buy with them will give them an advantage over everyone else. This happened because we didn't communicate properly about our plans with bonds and that there will be other ways to earn them. That was our bad.

As our devs explained (in the tankfest/gamescom streams for example) we went with the Ranked implementation first because of several mostly technical/development reasons. Since then we have introduced another way of earning them (Tier X only battles and Grand battles) and now we are testing earning them on medals as well. Once all the ways are implemented and the bond economy is balanced it should work just like credits and XP, where everyone can earn them but at a rate which depends on their battle performance. 

Grand battles: I have seen a lot of feedback about them and people definitely seem interested. It is a completely new game mode and we might polish it more with upcoming patches, but I don't see any reason why you would think that they are dead. Our devs have access to all the data about the mode and if changes are needed based on that data and your feedback than we will make them, however at this point it is I think too early to tell. 

Seems you missed something:

Block Quote

Since everyone will have access to them anyways, why introduce this new currency and not just make it possible to use the current currency.

It is either a lame way to "increase the content", or it might have something to do with trying to get randoms less populated with T10s, which could have been solved by keeping the team based modes interesting and expanding on those, but we all know what WG did to the team based modes, so it can't really be that.

tajj7 #16 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24373 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDr_Oolen, on 21 September 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

This.

They are far far far too low.

Ranked is horrendous, it should not be the ONLY viable way to earn bonds, if you are persisting with bonds then let others earn them at a better rate. Stop punishing people because they don't want to grind in the horrible ranked mode. I do hope there are bonds in the personal missions or in fact better yet whole improved equipment pieces. 

I am not against bonds or the improved equipment, I like the idea of extra special stuff you earn, it's a bit like the female crews which again you have to chose which tank to use them on, pimp out for favourite tank with a little extra special stuff but at the moment there is a huge disparity between those that play ranked and those who don't, the gap should be a lot smaller, again I am not against ranked being a faster way to earn bonds that is also fine to incentivise that terrible mode, but it should be a little faster or like 2x faster, not this. 

You have people doing a week of ranked mode, getting to rank 5 and they 1k bonds, but in randoms you have to get all tier 10 games and you'd need to play probably 100-150 of them to get a 1000 bonds, so you probably have to play like 300 - 400 games in tier 10 to get enough all tier 10 games and do well enough to earn those thousands bonds. Come on, seriously? that means we are talking something like 1200-1500 random battles at tier 10 to get ONE piece of equipment that people in ranked probably played 150 games to get. These bonds for awards might take that down by 50 games if that they are so low. 

If people in ranked are getting 4-5k bonds from like 150 games, then you should be able to get the same from randoms from like 500 games. 

UrbanTarzan #17 Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18847 battles
  • [HTAED] HTAED

I love the "bonds for medals" idea. But you should award more of them than in the initial table (ex. 5 bonds for pools medal).

A "Raseiniai" medal should be worth far more than a single crappy battle in tier 10. Perhaps something like this? :

Steel wall / scout / confederate / defender = 3
top gun / patrol duty = 5

Pools = 30
Kolobanovs = 50
Raseiniai = 100

I mean, most people only get one or two epic medals in their entire career. At least make it count somewhat. It sure won't ruin the rest of bond economy, since those medals are so rare. And common medals can have a low reward so that ranked / tier 10 battles still earn you a lot more bonds.

Dexatroph #18 Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 42297 battles

Hi Ph3lan,

I have that in mind, but I feel like to express the opinion about this right now.  You are right, there are more ways to earn bonds, but this will be a way for players what don't have a Tier X or even like to play lower tiers to earn rewards as it is stated in the article. I don't expect that players will be rewarded with the same amount of bonds like players can do in 3 weeks ranked battles, but I expect that I will be rewarded in some acceptable manner.

Lets take a look at your account:

Spoiler

You earn 0,16 bonds at average per battle based upon the announced numbers. That would mean that you have to play 31.250 battles to be rewarded with 5000 bonds  and so to  buy one piece of equipment. When you will do 20 battles a day you have to play for 1563 days / ~4 years and 4 months. Even when we would assume that you double the avg bonds per battle you  have to play 2 years and 2 months. 

What you have to keep in mind is that you are good player in terms of the known ratings. You are part of the best 1 % players. It looks even worse for the average player.

It is important that players will not just have access to them, but can earn them in a reasonable amount and will see some progress here. 

What need to be changed:

the relation between the medals needs to be fixed, so that important  medals will be awarded with lot more bonds , than just twice as much as an Invader .f.e.

- the general amount has to be increased drastically

Brodie_ #19 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76115 battles

Not really a fan of the bonds system.

This test was the first time I used them.

Think I will not bother on point on the principle.

I will just have to accept that the players that are willing to engage with the new mode.

That costs the vast majority to much silver to make it worthwhile playing.

Will end up with equipment that will  make them far more dangerous, because the rest of the player Base can not play against them upon a level playing field.

They are dangerous enough as it is!

Though I am sure there is a cunning plan to make. Bonds available to buy for money.

I shall definitely not be bothering.

Do me a favour when you do that please.

When you start selling the bonds.

Please title the news article offering them: PAY TO WIN! WOT! 

I used to be an active clan player.

Used play tier X at clan level a lot.

This is the sort of thing that really puts me off getting involved again.

As it makes it much harder for the lesser clans to stand a chance against the more successful ones.

The bonds system will have a negative effect in my view with regards to the Global map, Campaigns & skirmish, If players are allowed to make their vehicles more OP, than those that are facing an uphill struggle to beat them in the first place!

Crew skills are one thing. but improved equipment is something else!

Edited by Brodie_, 23 September 2017 - 10:44 PM.

Duvelske #20 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17126 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

View PostBrodie_, on 23 September 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

The bonds system will have a negative effect in my view with regards to the Global map, Campaigns & skirmish, If players are allowed to make their vehicles more OP, than those that are facing an uphill struggle to beat them in the first place!

Crew skills are one thing. but improved equipment is something else!

This was already mentioned by almost everyone in supertest. Even majour streamers were not happy with the improved equipment. But why listen right? The 3 vs 3 tournaments at that time were unfair too. I know Some of the finalists and they had all improved equipment. Especially on these low amount of player tournaments like 1 vs 1 till 3 vs 3 it has Some huge impacts. Add there improved directives in the game too and you can get a huge advantage. 

Dont say this did not happen, because it actually did.

Edited by Duvelske, 24 September 2017 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users