Stupidest thing you have seen in the last month or so.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Thuis001 #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5978 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Hello, I was wondering what stupid things you have seen happening in WoT the last month or so. Thought that might be fun.

A few things to note:

-NO naming and shaming.

-No bot reports, that is not stupid, that is just an annoying thing that should be fixed

Oké, let me hear yours aswell.

So last night I was playing with my KV-2 on El Halluf, and I was going to the heavy spot. I arrive there, pen a SuperPershing in the side for 817, duck in cover and reload. Meanwhile my team is bringing the SP to 200-300 HP. I get out of cover, he starts sidescraping and I shoot him, laughing because he was sidescaping on a KV-2. To make things better, two O-I appeared. One shot at a KV-4 on my team and ducked back to cover. The other however doesn't and gets brought down to 200 odd HP aswell. He clearly didn't see what happened to the SP and started sidescraping aswell. I was like, hey thanks, and shot him in the side, finishing him of. Meanwhile that other O-I was sidescraping with 200HP aswell, which made me go like: WHY, you just saw that other guy die doing that. (didn't manage to shoot him, by the time I reloaded he was back in cover, and I had some more important things to deal with.

Mimos_A #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Got pushed into the water on Lakeville for absolutely no reason by a t57, was in my strv 103 in siege mode in the mid, so nothing I could do. He turned blue for it. I guess he managed to piss off some more people by driving into them or everyone around me was just mad because he pushed me in the water, cause everyone in the general vicinity started murdering the guy. He whined in chat about people killing him and saying he didn't understand, then proceeded to start firing back and getting his arse banned... Good times...

The_Georgian_One #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36611 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

Spawned south on Swamp with team that had meds and TDs vs north team with a lot of heavies. Usually going right flank from south spawn is a bad idea so I advice people not to do it. I did it also this time as well, but they wouldn't listen and virtually all lemming right...

...if the other team had half of working brain between them they would have camped base and won easily...but they all lemimng to castle and it was 9:2 for us within first 2 minutes of battle. I stayed on hill in my Leo PTA and spotted and farmed castle with TDs, while rest of meds wrapped around.

Strange battle...

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 19 September 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Aikl #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It continues to be every player who spend hundreds of hours grinding to T10, yet have learned so little they resort to sniping on every "open" map there is.

I'm not in favour of a skill-based matchmaking, but I would enjoy a 'watershed' between extremely passive players and the rest. I hence propose the Gameplay Apathy Separator (or GAS for short) system. It will ensure that every player who enjoys typical TD gameplay gets to spend eternity in the seventh circle of heck snipe to their heart's content. If you snipe too much, the GAS will adjust matchmaking and maps to suit your preferred gamestyle the best! :)

Mimos_A #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostAikl, on 19 September 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

It continues to be every player who spend hundreds of hours grinding to T10, yet have learned so little they resort to sniping on every "open" map there is.

I'm not in favour of a skill-based matchmaking, but I would enjoy a 'watershed' between extremely passive players and the rest. I hence propose the Gameplay Apathy Separator (or GAS for short) system. It will ensure that every player who enjoys typical TD gameplay gets to spend eternity in the seventh circle of heck snipe to their heart's content. If you snipe too much, the GAS will adjust matchmaking and maps to suit your preferred gamestyle the best! :)

I think a large portion of these guys would be quickly purged by just never making anyone with a <45% wr top tier and not allow them to get tier 10 tanks.

Shivvering #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles
Season 2 of ranked battle. Not seen much more stupid than this. Even with the change to the chevron awards, people still seem more interested in losing and not losing a chevron by camping the red line than participating to actively win.

Aikl #7 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMimos_A, on 19 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

I think a large portion of these guys would be quickly purged by just never making anyone with a <45% wr top tier and not allow them to get tier 10 tanks.

Problem is that the more you suck at the game, the more money you have to spend. :P

View PostShivvering, on 19 September 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Season 2 of ranked battle. Not seen much more stupid than this. Even with the change to the chevron awards, people still seem more interested in losing and not losing a chevron by camping the red line than participating to actively win.

Hardly surprising. No stats means I can drive around and learn how to play all my new T10 tanks properly, grind the top guns on E100 and Batchat, or just ruin games for people that actually wants to get something done. I don't do that, of course. Except the 'grinding guns' part. Worked out allright last time, though I honestly can't be arsed to sit from 6-12 pm to have a shot at some reward.

Edited by Aikl, 19 September 2017 - 11:21 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #8 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51282 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Me yesterday in a tight battle on Airfield.  Just me in UDES 03 and a WZ120-1G FT  left on our team. There's a surviving Oh-Ho on the enemy team last seen in the central area of the map where the heavys usually slug it out.  We're all one shotters.  I decide  to drive around the foot of the southern hill along the waterfront to get to the enemy base to cap so the WZ can set up ambush.... and I overturn my vehicle with bad driving -flipped it over the front -and I die.   I was so annoyed.  fortunately the WZ nailed the SumoTank but only after the Jap missed.  I was so happy I hadn't cost the team the win.

Snake_Keeper #9 Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8980 battles

Full health Guard runs away when questioned on why he won't engage a SuperPershing that is right there in his sight, that is owning friendlies at the castle on Erlenberg. He is on the hill on the right side of the castle, and the SuperPershing is hugging the castle. Before that he kept staring at a Black Prince he could not fire at, making shots that just flew over the turret.

So we sit there with the SuperPershing peek trading us, we loose 5 tanks to that guy. All he had for backup was the Black Prince. Had the Guard helped, we woulda lost none. But nah, team loosing due to loss of too many tanks to one enemy tank was the better choice.

qpranger #10 Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32466 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
More and more non-penetrating recurring HE shots from non-derp guns aimed at me in tanks/situations where normal ammo would have easily penned me and caused more damage or even killed me. I do not understand this tendency.

Shivvering #11 Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postqpranger, on 19 September 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

More and more non-penetrating recurring HE shots from non-derp guns aimed at me in tanks/situations where normal ammo would have easily penned me and caused more damage or even killed me. I do not understand this tendency.

Some of the streamers like doing full HE loadouts for entertainment.  I guess some players just want to emulate this.

Either that or they saw the damage was higher on HE so don't see the point in AP, not understanding the game mechanics.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostAikl, on 19 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Problem is that the more you suck at the game, the more money you have to spend. :P

That's why you don't ban them, you just make their crap more bearable for the ones unfortunate enough to be on their team by not making them one of three top tiers. :P

s3thus #13 Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18814 battles
I know you said no naming and shaming but I was extremely retarded to waste money on Strv S1.

Thuis001 #14 Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5978 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View Posts3thus, on 19 September 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

I know you said no naming and shaming but I was extremely retarded to waste money on Strv S1.

You don't name and shame someone else so I don't mind. Just don't want to start some kind of witch hunt here.

Aikl #15 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMimos_A, on 19 September 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

That's why you don't ban them, you just make their crap more bearable for the ones unfortunate enough to be on their team by not making them one of three top tiers. :P

Fair point, though I suspect being top-tier to begin with is somehow an important part of their experience. You know, when you get to be top-tier and roflstomp T8s in your Maus on the bot flank.

(Many apparently non-sentinent players are apparently just delusional enough to think they're good - hence it makes sense to reinforce their belief as much as possible.)

HundeWurst #16 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69954 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
The release of the so called second ranked beta season.

Condono #17 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

Died quite early, went to scouting and flipped on my sides before encountering any enemies. Stayed there until I got shot to death by the enemy. Later somebody sent me a message, 'Good game but you should consider playing tetris.'

Edit: I was the stupid one for getting flipped over by small corner but the message I received was worth it.

Edited by Condono, 19 September 2017 - 02:18 PM.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier 9 game on Enks... It's a 3 vs 1 on the 8 line. And a 5 vs 1 on the 4 line. I died in my Conway after getting flanked by a T71 while dealing with their last HT. So I thought "it's still a win as it's a 9 vs 3". Circon always says "he should have bought a turret". Sadly none of my 8 remaining team mates have heard of that.

On the 8 line we had a Defender, an Indien and a Type 62 vs a Tortoise. The Type correctly distracts it, but he still don't turn around. He reverses on it up against the train carts and locks him there so he can't get good shots on his back. So what do the Defender and the Indien do? Attack it head on ofc. They don't split up and go on each side of the building to force him to turn and take flank shots. Better to stay in a group and attack it head on while he shoots them. They both die and the T71 takes out the 62, that got 3-4 pens at the back before he got taken out.

On the 4 line we have T30, Obj 704, SU-100M1, SP1C and an IS-2. All vs a T95 locked between the buildings on the 4 lane alley near south base. Same stuff here. They all stay and attack it head on with HE. Vs going around the one building so they can get rear or side shots on it. Or force it to turn it around. T71 took out the SU-100M1 before he went to help on the 8 line. So then it's a 4 vs 1. Still no one.. none of the 3 with a turret goes around. It's a flank job that takes 15 sec at the most. T95 even backs out into the main road on the 4 lane.. exposing both flanks. Still, no one flanks and pushes head on into him. No one even drives past him to get behind when he reloads. It's take a shot.. pull back and repeat. This lasted for 4 min. T95 did 7K damage. Did not block much due to the HE spam did like 10 to 100 damage each time as they hit the gun constantly.

Thing is.. that most of them were not bad rated players. Defender went on a rage blaming everyone for his loss. But when I asked why he did not flank while he was distracted... he said he is not a medium. Not his job.

You know in CS GO when you have a bot on your team, and you can press "E" to take control of it? I've never wished for that function more in WOT then during that game.

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 September 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Mimos_A #19 Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostAikl, on 19 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Fair point, though I suspect being top-tier to begin with is somehow an important part of their experience. You know, when you get to be top-tier and roflstomp T8s in your Maus on the bot flank.

(Many apparently non-sentinent players are apparently just delusional enough to think they're good - hence it makes sense to reinforce their belief as much as possible.)

Eh, sucks to be them then, at some point the experience of the 14 others states to outweigh theirs. They had 10 tiers to figure out how the game works and refused, not being top tier should only help them improve and get to a level where they get to be top tier again.

Edited by Mimos_A, 19 September 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #20 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Opening a new thread for it when the old thread is still around. :girl:

http://forum.worldof...rd-playing-wot/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users