Secret climbing places on maps.

Game Play

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

batshead #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18370 battles
So, there we were, my colleague and I, having spent many hours working together on a training map discovering all manner of secret places to climb, and having achieved some success in the battles themselves, when, lo and behold, we discover that the secret places are being removed! Why is this, do you think? Well, upon further investigation, we discovered that several disgruntled players have complained that the advantage we had achieved through many hours of dedicated training is ruining their game, and they say this because they think it's unfair! Can someone please tell me why it is that this game attracts so many mal-contented individuals who believe that just because they haven't put the effort into seeking an advantage, that all those who have should be penalised? I know we live in an age where 'everyone's a winner', but you'd think that even they would realise that those players utilising said secret places are actually adding an extra element of excitement to each game, and are helping said 'can't be bothered to train' players to up their game by playing harder to defeat those players who have made the effort! So, the great chaps at Wargaming have decided to listen to the disgruntled mob and are now in the process of removing the secret places, one by one! I did suggest to the great chaps at Wargaming that perhaps they should not only keep the secret climbing places to help add that certain extra element, but should also open up the maps and possibly add new ones too, but that fell on deaf ears I'm afraid. Consequently, for all those out there who have put in the effort to find the secret places on maps, you are now going to be presented with the same old hiding places time after time after time! I don't know about you, but going to the same old place on these maps can become incredibly boring, and even by trying to liven it up a little by choosing a different rock can only give you so much fun for so long! I think it's about time that the great chaps at Wargaming listened to those players who really do count, the ones who have been on there for years, make the effort to explore and train, and do their best to spice the same old maps up a bit! What do you think, fellow player?

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22591 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

This might be more to your liking....

IncandescentGerbil #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Climbing to secret locations makes for less enjoyable games for the majority. I admire your dedication, but the wishes of a few committed goaters don't really count for much when most would prefer to play the game as it was intended.

Kozzy #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postbatshead, on 19 September 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Why is this, do you think? 

This is a tank-shooter arcade game not some off-road driving simulator.  Having physics-defying mountain climbing (in a 15 minute max battle) is NOT what I 'signed up for'.  I want to shoot tanks with my tanks, not to shimmy up near vertical cliff faces.

Edited by Kozzy, 19 September 2017 - 02:47 PM.

Shivvering #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postbatshead, on 19 September 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

So, there we were, my colleague and I, having spent many hours working together on a training map discovering all manner of secret places to climb, and having achieved some success in the battles themselves, when, lo and behold, we discover that the secret places are being removed! Why is this, do you think? Well, upon further investigation, we discovered that several disgruntled players have complained that the advantage we had achieved through many hours of dedicated training is ruining their game, and they say this because they think it's unfair! Can someone please tell me why it is that this game attracts so many mal-contented individuals who believe that just because they haven't put the effort into seeking an advantage, that all those who have should be penalised? I know we live in an age where 'everyone's a winner', but you'd think that even they would realise that those players utilising said secret places are actually adding an extra element of excitement to each game, and are helping said 'can't be bothered to train' players to up their game by playing harder to defeat those players who have made the effort! So, the great chaps at Wargaming have decided to listen to the disgruntled mob and are now in the process of removing the secret places, one by one! I did suggest to the great chaps at Wargaming that perhaps they should not only keep the secret climbing places to help add that certain extra element, but should also open up the maps and possibly add new ones too, but that fell on deaf ears I'm afraid. Consequently, for all those out there who have put in the effort to find the secret places on maps, you are now going to be presented with the same old hiding places time after time after time! I don't know about you, but going to the same old place on these maps can become incredibly boring, and even by trying to liven it up a little by choosing a different rock can only give you so much fun for so long! I think it's about time that the great chaps at Wargaming listened to those players who really do count, the ones who have been on there for years, make the effort to explore and train, and do their best to spice the same old maps up a bit! What do you think, fellow player?

Climbing to parts of the map that have not been intended from use fundamentally destroys any form of map balance.

I'd call it abusing a bug, fortunately for you WG doesn't view it quite so harshly.

Joggaman #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Did you help your team win while trying to get up on the hills?

I can not see from your performance that this climbing made you win more battles...:harp:

Del059 #7 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30745 battles

I know I shouldn't say this as my stats suck but I support your plea, but only for you. You need all the help that you can get.

WG please allow batshead access to these off road climbs thus giving him something to do instead of getting in the way of his team mates.

Thanks WG

qpranger #8 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32481 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbatshead, on 19 September 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

ricoBenitez1 #9 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles
can we report OP for unfairsportmanship for exploiting mountaingoating ?????

Dr_ownape #10 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43443 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
just no

Condono #11 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

View PostricoBenitez1, on 19 September 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

can we report OP for unfairsportmanship for exploiting mountaingoating ?????

Nope. What OP is doing angelic compared to what other guys get away with.

Edit: Blocking, pushing, intentionally driving front of friendly fire. Mountaingoating that gets constantly removed is angelic compared to what rest of cancerous community is doing.

Edited by Condono, 19 September 2017 - 02:36 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #12 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 19 September 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

This might be more to your liking....

I believe there's a West Indian version, called Curried Goat Simulator.

Ceeb #13 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30252 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postbatshead, on 19 September 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

I have a colleague that was obviously schooled by apes in a jungle.... He can't use paragraphs either.  So when his character reference came for a new job, I lied and said he was awesome, now he is someone else's problem.

Can I lie for you ? 

HugSeal #14 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

If only you had spent a fraction on the time you spent trying to reach horribly imbalanced spots on a map learning some proper text formatting.

And what secret parts of the map? There are guides to the climbs. Heck, there are even mods telling you how to drive to get up them. Nothing secret there, just extremely imbalanced positions.

Edited by HugSeal, 19 September 2017 - 02:53 PM.

Swoopie #15 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28355 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

In my opinion WG should embrace climbing (to a degree). And I'm not talking about the obviously broken climbs (eg. the ones on mountain pass, or mines 0 line etc), but the ones that provided you with a alternative way to some spots. Good examples were the mines middle hill climbs (They were risk vs reward, you could fail the climb and lose some hp or succeed and make the hill safely). You dont get into an otherwise unreachable position but if you put a small amount of practice in you could reach the hill safely and even suprise some enemies.

I would love to see more of this kind of boosts in the game and it would make playing the current lights somewhat interesting in the current superheavy corridor meta.

Edited by Swoopie, 19 September 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbatshead, on 19 September 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

So, there we were, my colleague and I, having spent many hours working together on a training map discovering all manner of secret places 

Shame you didn't find that secret place on your keyboard called the enter key.

IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Part of the irritation lies with the sheer implausibility of some of the climbs. There are places that even an actual mountain goat would struggle to reach, yet a twenty tonne tank on shiny metal tracks manages with little effort.

Condono #18 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
Majority of the climbing places have been removed and the game has become stale. Before you had to consider climbing spots too but now there are not many places enemy can attack. These spots used to add extra bit of spice to the game even though they were annoying. Now many games are pretty much the same.

Edited by Condono, 19 September 2017 - 02:58 PM.

HugSeal #19 Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostCondono, on 19 September 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Majority of the climbing places have been removed and the game has become stale. Before you had to consider climbing spots too but now there are not many places enemy can attack. These spots used to add extra bit of spice to the game even though they were annoying. Now many games are pretty much the same.

Yeah, very spicy. It was such a fun experience to know that if you went to large parts of some maps you would simply get wrecked by invisible tanks you couldn't hide from and even if they got lit you couldn't get to them.

Condono #20 Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

View PostHugSeal, on 19 September 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Yeah, very spicy. It was such a fun experience to know that if you went to large parts of some maps you would simply get wrecked by invisible tanks you couldn't hide from and even if they got lit you couldn't get to them.

Well, it was artillery that made minced meat out of them but now arty has been nerfed so yeah. :teethhappy:

But then again, nowadays there aren't many powerful climbing spots, there are some places but they could be considered minor. Getting lit pretty much gets you killed on those spots.

Edited by Condono, 19 September 2017 - 03:06 PM.

Also tagged with Game Play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users