spot system...nasty things

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bucifel #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31013 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

its not a whine about system...is just a opinion and some example about why it should be reworked a bit..

justwatch when i meet ONI...

its simply nasty and unrealistic...a good part of enemy tank is in my viewrange...im watching in this way...its in my FACE !...but it disappears...-,- and even worse...i cant spot him again...in a city !

now, i know how this system works...i know that to spot an enemy you must see his box(check) points...but that makes things weird, ilogic and nasty in some cases...

what do you think about this system..? What should be changed?

I personally think that should be added more view points on tanks box model...that means at least 4 more on tracks (2 on front, 2 on rear..hull corners)

if you dont know what means those box points...look here at min. 2:05 :

Spoiler

Edited by Bucifel, 19 September 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Sfinski #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31749 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostBucifel, on 19 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

now, i know how this system works...i know that to spot an enemy you must see his box(check) points...but that makes things weird, ilogic and nasty in some cases... 

Just clarifying something. Your spot points have to see their points. What you see doe not matter, even if you are looking trough the barrel. 

That said, I do think it could be better, spot points on the corners fe. 

Kartoshkaya #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
Well to me it just sounds like a fix is needed on the ONI's points. Not a rework of the spotting system.

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 19 September 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Bucifel #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31013 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

View PostSfinski, on 19 September 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Just clarifying something. Your spot points have to see their points. What you see doe not matter, even if you are looking trough the barrel. 

That said, I do think it could be better, spot points on the corners fe. 

exactly thats the problem...what you see doesnt matter...only what your commander see matter, and he can see only those check points on any tank.

and i said same thing for improvement....4 more spot points on all 4 corners, on tracks.

View PostKartoshkaya, on 19 September 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Well to me it just sounds like a fix is needed on the ONI's points. Not a rework of the spotting system.

no...because its same with any tank...not only ONI

Edited by Bucifel, 19 September 2017 - 11:32 PM.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBucifel, on 19 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

no...because its same with any tank...not only ONI

Correct. Recently had the same issue with an opposing T29 while being in one myself as well. With the T29 being near the pillars on your left and me on the other side near the rubble. It would come out sideways and even fire without me being being able to spot it. Only once it reversed did it become visible (the irony being had he stayed put I would not spot him most likely). The problem on this map is with the archways, as the turret detection points are covered, so when the pillars cover the hull detection points the vehicle disappears even though it's right there.

Bucifel #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31013 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD
yes, thats why i think new detection points should be added and improve that spot system a bit

Aikl #7 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
More detection points might help a lot with "vision gaming" heavy tanks on e.g. 1-2 lines on Prokhorovka and the like too. I approve.

AliceUnchained #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBucifel, on 19 September 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

yes, thats why i think new detection points should be added and improve that spot system a bit

For the purpose of 'fixing' Siegfried line archways I think replacing the check points on the side hull in the middle with one each on the front and back should do the trick. Or add these along with the center one. It would also improve peek-a-booming somewhat (well countering it) as right now, sometimes tanks can drive out half a hull's length before getting spotted and may even get a shot off before you have a chance to react. Which effectively puts those twitch finger back and forth bobbing Bob's at an advantage vs someone stationary (even sidescraping would expose your side hull check point) as they may spot you just a bit sooner. Of course you can (and should) use this to your advantage at well whenever possible but I never liked this particular behavior.

jack_timber #9 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33450 battles

At times it's a bit like looking in the undergrowth for a mouse you know it's there, you get fleeting glimpses of it...

WoT can be the same you get momentry sightings of a red tank but you can't see the check points so doesn't show up with the red outline....

Can be darn annoying:)

Bucifel #10 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31013 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 September 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

For the purpose of 'fixing' Siegfried line archways I think replacing the check points on the side hull in the middle with one each on the front and back should do the trick. Or add these along with the center one. It would also improve peek-a-booming somewhat (well countering it) as right now, sometimes tanks can drive out half a hull's length before getting spotted and may even get a shot off before you have a chance to react. Which effectively puts those twitch finger back and forth bobbing Bob's at an advantage vs someone stationary (even sidescraping would expose your side hull check point) as they may spot you just a bit sooner. Of course you can (and should) use this to your advantage at well whenever possible but I never liked this particular behavior.

replacing...i dont think that can be a option...because here will be other weird scenarios

like min. 4:40 from video...

a tank in bushes with almost entire hull discovered and visible...but you cant spot him because detection points from corners are hidden..

we didnt solve anything in this way...

all detection points must remain where they are...and over that, new ones should be added, on tracks

its simply outdated that system...

maybe was enough when they created it...but with all improvements what we saw in last 2 years...i really think that spot system is outdated now.

i had some situations where i couldnt spot an TD because his middle check point was behind cover even if a good part from his tank was out of cover. Thats nasty.

Edited by Bucifel, 20 September 2017 - 02:34 PM.

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBucifel, on 20 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

replacing...i dont think that can be a option...because here will be other weird scenarios

like min. 4:40 from video...

a tank in bushes with almost entire hull discovered and visible...but you cant spot him because detection points from corners are hidden..

we didnt solve anything in this way...

all detection points must remain where they are...and over that, new ones should be added, on tracks

Well you can't use that M41 part of the clip as an example for why replacing them won't work, as the situation shown there is with the current system. And with 2 checkpoints on each side of the hull, one front and one back (while keeping the center front and rear), that M41 actually would be spotted then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users