What to do when someone sends a offensive and unconstructive message after a game?

trolling abuse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

shortfuse1418 #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25123 battles
  • [BYOB] BYOB

Hi all,

I was playing this morning and had a bit of a crappy game on Live Oaks as lower tier in my Strv 74 in a tier 7 match.  The team lemming trained to the city with no-one guarding the railway line.  I observed from the buildings and when the first en medium arrived withdrew to the bowl where the arty normally sits to spot for my own TDs who were on the TD hill South of the city.

This worked quite well and we reduced quite a lot of the enemy but a T71 got in behind and got me.  We lost as the en capped.  During my rather furious battle fighting off a Cromwell, Cromwell B and finally a full health T71 with a full clip I appear to have missed some map pings on the part of our glorious Unicum in the T40.  He was not happy with my half descent but slightly poor play and decided to troll me after the battle.

Now I don't know about you but I sometimes rage in chat (I am trying to do it less)  but I never follow up with a message at the end.  I will only send congratulatory messages to those on my team or the enemy who I have thought have played particularly well even if I win or lose (this is a great thing to do and the response you get reinforces the good in WOT).  However, what to do with a raging *edited* who is abusing you in the garage?  Here is my attempt at it:

*edited*

Edited by Jbnn, 20 September 2017 - 06:43 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Shivvering #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postshortfuse1418, on 19 September 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hi all,

I was playing this morning and had a bit of a crappy game on Live Oaks as lower tier in my Strv 74 in a tier 7 match.  The team lemming trained to the city with no-one guarding the railway line.  I observed from the buildings and when the first en medium arrived withdrew to the bowl where the arty normally sits to spot for my own TDs who were on the TD hill South of the city.

This worked quite well and we reduced quite a lot of the enemy but a T71 got in behind and got me.  We lost as the en capped.  During my rather furious battle fighting off a Cromwell, Cromwell B and finally a full health T71 with a full clip I appear to have missed some map pings on the part of our glorious Unicum in the T40.  He was not happy with my half descent but slightly poor play and decided to troll me after the battle.

Now I don't know about you but I sometimes rage in chat (I am trying to do it less)  but I never follow up with a message at the end.  I will only send congratulatory messages to those on my team or the enemy who I have thought have played particularly well even if I win or lose (this is a great thing to do and the response you get reinforces the good in WOT).  However, what to do with a raging *edited* who is abusing you in the garage?  Here is my attempt at it:

*edited*

Tell them that you love them.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

What to do when someone sends a offensive and unconstructive message after a game?

Well. Starting a thread about every minor bugfart that gets thrown at you wouldn't be my first choice... but... if it helps you swallowing the "abuse"... :mellow:

No... seriously. That wasn't anything worth the effort. But I try to make them boil in their skin, too. Often they are so dumb that it only works after many posts, but after a while you can crack them all open and reveal their true face. That's one of the last funny things to do in this game.

btw: Look again, you failed at censoring the name...

shishx_the_animal #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 31035 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Right click + Add to Blacklist, it's not that hard...

Shivvering #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 19 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

After telling them that you love them, of course.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

But where is the fun with that?

Shizuthink #7 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34646 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
I ignore them.

CarelessOne #8 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4437 battles
Tell them that they should not puss out, get better and carry harder next time. Also ask them if they have driver's licence.

Edited by CarelessOne, 19 September 2017 - 09:25 PM.

Blubba #9 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53549 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

You need to type "I sorry you not feel you played so good. You get better as more games played. Good luck"

Q.E.D

G01ngToxicCommand0 #10 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

Hi all,

Now I don't know about you but I sometimes rage in chat (I am trying to do it less)  but I never follow up with a message at the end.  I will only send congratulatory messages to those on my team or the enemy who I have thought have played particularly well even if I win or lose (this is a great thing to do and the response you get reinforces the good in WOT).  However, what to do with a raging *edited* who is abusing you in the garage?  Here is my attempt at it:

*edited*

This is what you do: 1) Go to settings, 2) tick 'Receive message only from the contact list', 3) Apply, 4) Win

shot_033.jpg

Homer_J #11 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Where's the fun in that.

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 19 September 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

This is what you do: 1) Go to settings, 2) tick 'Receive message only from the contact list', 3) Apply, 4) Win

Or that.

HundeWurst #12 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69845 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Shishx obviously did not mention the more important part (he was to busy smelling is fingers if you know what I mean): You forgot the teamkilling if you might play with hi in another battle ;) !

Edited by WunderWurst, 19 September 2017 - 10:36 PM.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I just tell those a bad joke. Asking them how their day went or if they need a hug etc. I never reply to any actual "criticism". That usually pisses them more off then any reply about the battle in question ever could. Even worse.. send them a friend request. That really sets off their fuse.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

Hi all,

*edited*

lol, OP... critical fail for hiding the guy's name

Shivvering #15 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 September 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

I just tell those a bad joke. Asking them how their day went or if they need a hug etc. I never reply to any actual "criticism". That usually pisses them more off then any reply about the battle in question ever could. Even worse.. send them a friend request. That really sets off their fuse.

That is genius! :D

Taudlitz #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21107 battles

close it. done.  

When somebody send me insult after battle I just think: what a moron and I expect the same from everyone I send rude messages to. Nobody send these insults in hope of receiving repond etc, its just venting steam.

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I just see it as a game within a game tbh

If its genuinely abusive I report it, but that's generally quite rare. Most of the time its just some crying baby wanting to blame someone for losing the game so a snarky back and forth passes the time in between games

If I am already doing something else especially work related between games and don't really have the time to devote to the exchange then I will just prod them for a few messages till they REALLY seem to be foaming at the mouth then blacklist them which can be as amusing at times too

Some, and sadly its the minority by quite a margin do feel they have a genuine grievance. Those are worth talking to IF, and only IF they can shelve the childish outbursts and form grown up sentences about what their "issue" is. Sometimes it will be a valid point and either a mistake I know I made or something I hadn't considered. Other times it will just boil down to them assuming something which is incorrect like the reason I did or didn't do a particular thing, and others, which seems to be the majority even with these are just complaining because I didn't do what they wanted me to do when they wanted me to do it

But if they can manage to form cohesive coherent sentences I don't mind at least listening to what they have to say when they use big boy words instead of streams of "go play Barbie/tetris/Farmville" and other inane drivel

SuedKAT #18 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You have been blessed with an opportunity, you've found an individual that have reached a breaking point! He/she is clearly frustrated beyond belief, what you must do now is to counter troll them as hard as you can, if your good enough you can feel the rage, the saliva going all over his/her screen, the mental breakdown, the joy. 

Well that's my perverse way of dealing with it, but you could of course also just ignore them. 

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSuedKAT, on 20 September 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

You have been blessed with an opportunity, you've found an individual that have reached a breaking point! He/she is clearly frustrated beyond belief, what you must do now is to counter troll them as hard as you can, if your good enough you can feel the rage, the saliva going all over his/her screen, the mental breakdown, the joy.

Well that's my perverse way of dealing with it, but you could of course also just ignore them.

Yup, if you can pick up on something that REALLY triggers them theres nothing funnier than really hitting that button with a sledgehammer and THEN blacklisting before they can reply

I suspect that has been the cause of many flying or broken keyboards over the years

Nickthedevil #20 Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I get loads of after battle messages... it's great fun to wind them up even more.

Must admit I send a few myself though - I get triggered by big mouth Generals in chat telling everyone what to do and how bad they are - then you see they have orange/red WN8 or 20 Battle Buddies after 30k battles. And, not really their fault but if arty focus me I.just.can't.help.it.have.to.send.nasty.message.

Upcoming New Years resolution is don't send any for whatever reason (apart from the odd compliment).

Also tagged with trolling, abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users