Do i get penalty if i move a premium medium tank crew to a normal heavy tank.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

yeezusk #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3143 battles
As the title says. Do i get crew penalty if I move my premium crew from my medium tank to a heavy tank which isnt premium.

somegras #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 47932 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Yes.

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 37953 battles
  • [322] 322
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 20 September 2017 - 02:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being non constructive.

UrQuan #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To keep it simple, moving crews to other tanks usually gives your crew a penalty. Moving tankcrews between same class (non premium): 25% penalty. moving tankcrews between different classes: 50% penalty (exception if crew is moved to a premium tank of a different class, then penalty is 25%).

Only exception is if you move the crew from a tank to a premium/reward tank of the same class. Then no penalty is given.

Edited by UrQuan, 19 September 2017 - 08:36 PM.

jabster #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

*edited*

C'mon Alice, be fair new player and new to the forum.

Version43 #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6561 battles
  • [0N] 0N

And you also get a penalty on xp earned on them.

You can retrain them so they will end up at 80% + whatever skills they have. And if you leave skills unused that XP can be used to plug the gap but this is not a good idea (using the skills should give you more xp esp camo on lights/paper TDs).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#New_Recruits.2C_Transfers.2C_and_Dismissals

And onther good read:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 37953 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postjabster, on 19 September 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

C'mon Alice, be fair new player and new to the forum.

I am making a very simply suggestion here. There's nothing toxic, vile, demeaning or anything intended here. With 1230 games he/she will have several different vehicles, and will have moved crews around so is familiar with that. Then all it takes is to move a single crew member to a different vehicle class, and check the primary skill level. 

Teaching one how to fish, instead of handing them a fish and all that. Or more accurately, have them try something for themselves first before doing it for them.

If we're talking fairness, then read it for what it is rather than attach some negative energy to it just because mean ol' me posted it :izmena: Maybe I should start using smileys more often...

Edited by AliceUnchained, 19 September 2017 - 09:00 PM.

jabster #8 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 September 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

I am making a very simply suggestion here. There's nothing toxic, vile, demeaning or anything intended here. With 1230 games he/she will have several different vehicles, and will have moved crews around so is familiar with that. Then all it takes is to move a single crew member to a different vehicle class, and check the primary skill level. 

Teaching one how to fish, instead of handing them a fish and all that. Or more accurately, have them try something for themselves first before doing it for them.

If we're talking fairness, then read it for what it is rather than attach some negative energy to it just because mean ol' me posted it :izmena: Maybe I should start using smileys more often...

Maybe I'm just reading a bit more into it in conjunction with some of your recent posts and me being a native English speaker. Being more polite is good isn't it?

Edited by jabster, 19 September 2017 - 09:48 PM.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 37953 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postjabster, on 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

Maybe I'm just reading a bit more into it in conjunction with some of your recent posts and being an me being a native English speaker. Being more polite is good isn't it?

In this case, yes. It was a single suggestion for someone to 'experiment' themselves first, and see what happens. Politeness distracts, detracts. It's wrapping things in more words than needed. But I suppose I do need a dose of some British politeness every now and then. Now where's my bloody tea...  I'll even drink it with sugar and milk to sweeten up a little... 

Edit: Come to think of it, is responding with a single word not considered impolite as well?

Edited by AliceUnchained, 19 September 2017 - 09:17 PM.

HundeWurst #10 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Yes it only works the other way around.

jabster #11 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Edit: Come to think of it, is responding with a single word not considered impolite as well?

Well ...

PoIestar #12 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31385 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 September 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

No

qpranger #13 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31057 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postyeezusk, on 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

As the title says. Do i get crew penalty if I move my premium crew from my medium tank to a heavy tank which isnt premium.

Yes, you lose 50 gold for every match you play like this.

Spurtung #14 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61058 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postyeezusk, on 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

Premium tanks shouldn't have their own crew. You should use crews of regular tanks on premium tanks (of the same class) as that gives you no penalty and they train faster. 

yeezusk #15 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3143 battles
Thanks for the replies. I understood the mechanics of moving crews but wasn't so sure on the question above I've been training my crew in my PZ t25 and I've wanted to go down the german heavy tank line.

PoIestar #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31385 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For training crews, that's not a happy marriage. The T25 is a medium so it doesn't get a penalty ONLY when you're using a German Medium crew. A heavy crew will get penalty.

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 37953 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostPoIestar, on 19 September 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

No

Good. :great:

View Postyeezusk, on 19 September 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies. I understood the mechanics of moving crews but wasn't so sure on the question above I've been training my crew in my PZ t25 and I've wanted to go down the german heavy tank line.

You can always check the penalties incurred by simply moving a crew member and checking their primary skill level (first screen shot). You can also open their profile page and check the actual penalty (second screen shot), if it's not clear to you from the crew roster primary skill level. In this case the penalty incurred is -25% as the crew member is trained for this vehicle class (Medium tank), just not the vehicle. The same happens when you move a crew member trained for a Premium tank to a regular one of the same class. And as mentioned before, when you move that crew member to a vehicle of a different class the penalty incurred increases to -50% (third screen shot). 

As mentioned, the only time no penalties will incur is when you move the crew trained for a non-Premium vehicle to a vehicle of the same class. Or from one Premium to another in the same class.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture_CrewSkill.JPG   19.5K
  • Attached File   Capture_CrewSkill_2.JPG   32.67K
  • Attached File   Capture_CrewSkill_3.JPG   34.42K

Edited by AliceUnchained, 20 September 2017 - 08:42 AM.

malachi6 #18 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48933 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 September 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Would you not agree though, that the vast majority of your posts are "toxic, vile, and demeaning".  So it hardly surprising people challenge your comments when you are not.  When it comes to certain forum posters it is expected behaviour.  

AliceUnchained #19 Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

General

• Player
  • 37953 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postmalachi6, on 20 September 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Would you not agree though, that the vast majority of your posts are "toxic, vile, and demeaning".  So it hardly surprising people challenge your comments when you are not.  When it comes to certain forum posters it is expected behaviour.  

No, I wouldn't actually. I can be direct, unfriendly even. But labels as toxic, troll are inaccurate, untrue, nonsense in my opinion and actually those responses in themselves are far more negative than those posts of mine they're directed at most of the time. Furthermore, for every unfriendly post I make there's several more of a far less unfriendly nature but those are overlooked, ignored it would seem. Not to mention that people then also seem to ignore the original posts and fail (refuse?) to assess these accurately. Let's ignore the fact a thread is nonconstructive, not gameplay related at all, and touching on a subject for which a hundred more similar pointless whine threads exist already (not his one, mind you). No, let's focus on that unfriendly post by someone pointing that out instead. I would say it's a prime reason why Gameplay section is saturated with so many garbage threads (although moderators are to blame as well, which they've acknowledged). Let's not challenge people to use the Search function, and/or do some work, invest some of their time to come to an answer themselves.

But as is abundantly clear time and again, objectivity is a foreign concept to many on this forum. And you can spew forth as much garbage as you want, and repeat it as many times as you want, and create as many copy/paste pointless junk threads as you want, as long as you do so in a polite manner. That seems to be the gist around here more or less. And it's revolting. 

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 30310 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 September 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Let's not challenge people to use the Search function, and/or do some work, invest some of their time to come to an answer themselves.

That's too much like hard work. It appears to be much easier to swoop in and pick a piece of meat off the carcass of a thread, with a one sentence post.

View Postmalachi6, on 20 September 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Trying to take a thread in a toxic direction takes a repeated number of posts and it's very subjective. I've seen forumites describe others as toxic because of a pedantic approach to requesting data to 0.000001% accuracy. I've seen others be described as toxic due to posts that are personal abuse, racist, or poke fun at those who can't defend themselves. If someone's toxic you don't always have to reply.

"Vile and demeaning" are also quite subjective. I think I've only seen two forumites I'd put in this category and neither are posting now. So maybe community pressure does help, as long as it's not bullying.

The playerbase is a pretty wide demographic and not everyone is a native English speaker. In the game I have a few friends who regularly use swear words that are never used in common speech in the UK. They're intelligent, witty, very good players and use vile and demeaning words in English I don't use as a native speaker. But they're some of the most helpful, non-toxic, and considerate players I've tooned with.

I'd not put Alice in any of the boxes you've defined, because for one thing he's got an opinion about the game through playing it. Secondly, just because he doesn't maybe sugar coat a message, doesn't mean the message is wrong. But I accept that's just me, and others get triggered differently (or even by me).

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 20 September 2017 - 12:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users