+3 MM...I miss it....Me wants.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Danger_UXB_ #1 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9306 battles

Im talking about scout MM...(Pre-last patch)

Yes!! yes!! we now have the opportunity of being 'Top tier' in lights (Which is great in certain light tanks)....but i dont want that..I did not start playing lights for that as they are an aquired taste..

but i loved that playstyle (Useless to you mabye in your eyes but i loved it)

I want to be classed as a scout and not be responsible for dealing damage (if top tier?)....i want to be sneaky and use my brain to win (Not my braun?)...I want to out-wit the enemy and not

brawl with it?...

..i dont want to play as a 'Med' when top tier its not why i signed up for this job?...give me back +3 MM in my lights...

Am i alone??

(If you cant do this WG then peeerlease start another 'Light' tree in each nation with +3 MM....i want to play as a light and not a med

Yeahh!! the maps are not too good for lights and 'Rotation dependant' ..'Spotting' is bad for your WN (Whateva?) but i honestly dont care..Give me my light gameplay back..Im getting bored

of playing as a 'Med':sceptic:

qpranger #2 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30767 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
#qprangerdislike

HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23550 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 September 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Yes!! yes!! we now have the opportunity of being 'Top tier' in lights (Which is great in certain light tanks)....but i dont want that..I did not start playing lights for that as they are an aquired taste..

I want to be classed as a scout and not be responsible for dealing damage (if top tier?)....i want to be sneaky and use my brain to win (Not my braun?)...I want to out-wit the enemy and not

brawl with it?...

..i dont want to play as a 'Med' when top tier its not why i signed up for this job?...give me back +3 MM in my lights...

Am i alone??

(If you cant do this WG then peeerlease start another 'Light' tree in each nation with +3 MM....i want to play as a light and not a med

Yeahh!! the maps are not too good for lights and 'Rotation dependant' ..'Spotting' is bad for your WN (Whateva?) but i honestly dont care..Give me my light gameplay back..Im getting bored

OP, to re-experience the same type of feeling, did you already try going to a BDSM mistress instead?

Bisquik #4 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 390 battles

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 September 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Am i alone??

Probably. :)

I'd much rather just have the random MM back with the balancing factors included in it.

Danger_UXB_ #5 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9306 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 September 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

OP, to re-experience the same type of feeling, did you already try going to a BDSM mistress instead?

The forum trolls have taught you well young padwan..

Forget the delivery as its all 'Tongue in cheek'...look at the substance and the message behind it:)

View PostBisquik, on 19 September 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Probably. :)

I'd much rather just have the random MM back with the balancing factors included in it.

Whatever gets my light tank gameplay back you can sign me up for? ..

PS (Im used to being alone im a light tank lover lol)

MeetriX #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles
OP, you're not alone.

Coldspell #7 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18583 battles

Yes I liked old LT mm more and I miss my derp on the VK2801 my.

With the exception of prem lights (particularly the tier 7 ones which are OP as hell) most lights now feel like meds with lower DPM, lower view range and sometimes better camo and maneuverability.

It was just more enjoyable trolling +3 tanks in a LT now its meh and there are also way way more LT around and due to the new team balancing being geared toward the number of LT and TDs on a team you get really weird games with like 4 lights or more a side once every few games.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Yes and no. I kinda miss it. But then again I am one of those that found +4 MM on the Luchs a giggle, when we did a drive by on a Tiger II to really annoy it.

But it was for fun... for your below average player. Or especially a new player on tier 4, it's more forgiving this way. As the old scout MM on your 3th tier 4 game ever was not ideal. It scared more players away vs how many found it "fun".

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 September 2017 - 01:22 AM.

Consett_Steel #9 Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17207 battles

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 September 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

brawl with it?...

Am i alone??

Agreed - I generally preferred running low tier scout in a high tier match, as long as it had a decent crew. Suited me as I'm not fussed about the race for tier 10 but I get the argument about players who might not share my approach.

Homer_J #10 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I wish for a return to the days when a tier 4 TD would be told to go scout for tier 9 heavies.

FluffyRedFox #11 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21566 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
no

Tyburn #12 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10867 battles
I miss it.

MeetriX #13 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 20 September 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

I wish for a return to the days when a tier 4 TD would be told to go scout for tier 9 heavies.

What you really want is 400m view range back.

HugSeal #14 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 September 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

brawl with it?...

And how do you suggest playing a scout will help you out wit the enemy? You either go sit in a bush or you simply follow your circle on the minimap to know how close you can get to people. Such outwitting. Much wow

Danger_UXB_ #15 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9306 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 19 September 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

OP, you're not alone.

Its nice to know im not the only massochist in the house

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 September 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

your below average player. Or especially a new player on tier 4, it's more forgiving this way. As the old scout MM on your 3th tier 4 game ever was not ideal. It scared more players away vs how many found it "fun".

Mabye the new 'Light tree' could start at tier 5 or 6??...With mabye a description of ther playstyles so beginners dont just 'Wander' in to this class?...Just a thought...Everything is do-able!!

View Postfishbob101, on 20 September 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

no

A big fat Yes!!

View PostTyburn, on 20 September 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

I miss it.

Why do you miss this??....any thoughts??

View PostConsett_Steel, on 20 September 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

Agreed - I generally preferred running low tier scout in a high tier match, as long as it had a decent crew. Suited me as I'm not fussed about the race for tier 10 but I get the argument about players who might not share my approach.

I agree...'Lights are an aquired taste..But there is not better feeling (As rare as they were...but it was worth t just for that feeling)

..No other class gave that feeling...nor does it give it now???

Give me +3 MM (Peeeeerleeeese?)

Pvt_Duffer #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There has been an interesting number of MM broken since 9,18 videos in the last few days

From QB to Kellerman.

ID_100 #17 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25178 battles
  • [IMAGE] IMAGE

+9 I miss it

Edited by ID_100, 20 September 2017 - 10:06 PM.

Danger_UXB_ #18 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9306 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 20 September 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

And how do you suggest playing a scout will help you out wit the enemy? 

Like this mabye ?(An old post of mine)...Enjoy:)

I normally go with Bino,Optics and vents on all my 'High cammo' lights...

..This gives you 'Versatility' for all situations and all maps as you can adapt as needed.

Main thing is at tier 6 and up is at least have a full cammo crew...7 and up id go with a 2 skill crew needed (all cammo/6th for first) then for others just concentrate on mobility (As you need to be active mostly)..Gun

handling (Epecially on 1390)..and V/R for the others..

Name of the game is map awareness and opportunity...harassing and even covering forgotten flanks...

..Its a great fun class and over time you will get a 'Feel' for for whats right in any given situation ..and whats not?

As a light tank driver you will face many problems and also many 'Expectations' by your team...You will be expected to go into the 'Forbidden territory' ;namely within V/R of the enemy

to spot them (If you play tier 7/8 lights you will be 'Outspotted' by most tier 9 and 10 meds)..So i hope this helps a little..

Evasion;.. 

As most of the time you are a 2 shot (Average) you will need to use the terrain to your advantage...This includes using every dip in the ground but also alot of obstacles ..

(Destroyable or not?)....if you get spotted hide in or behind these then count to 5  (This will allow you to 'Restealth)..then retreat keeping the obstacle between you and

the closest opponant.(The person that spotted you)....(If your spotted and dont move your as good as dead)

I work on the principle that a gun takes 2 seconds (Average) to aim and 4 seconds for them to take a 'Lead shot'...Why do i say this??....basicly if you are retreating and

still spotted never travel in a straight line going away from the enemy for more than 2 seconds.. if you are still spotted (Take a 'hard right' of left?...whatever is needed??)..

...After you take a 'Hard right' (Or left?) never stay parallell for more than 3 seconds also...This will stop them taking a 'Lead shot' at you.(Yes it seems obvious to Zig-Zag

when retreating but if you take these rules into account they will save you alot)..

Never stay still;...

Speed and agility and stealth are your friend..Use this to your best advantage...As well as being an ideal deterrant to getting shot You are also the guy that can actually take

key positions on the map and at the same time this will entice your team (The meds) to follow you and gain map control..

Think of yourself as an 'Information giver' rather than a scout??..

At all stages of the game your team needs information (Where the enemy are) and you have the tools to provide this..Dont scout...Give information as needed and never be

afraid to retreat (Retreating is what keeps you alive).... ie Dont scout if its not needed??

Early spots..

As you get to know the map 'Tendancies' you will eventually see the shortcuts you can take as you have the speed to do this ..If you can get early spots without dying you

are invaluable to the team as the damage caused by your spotting already puts your team at an an advantage...Try to learn the 'shortcuts'

...(I said this would be short)...

Just because you are not spotting doesnt mean you cant be useful?..

Scenario;...Your team has gone left and right in equal numbers and your useless if you follow them (What to do??)...If this is the case i try to fill gaps in the line..(Team balance is

important)...If you do this you will automaticly become many thing;...You will become an 'Antiscout' to protect your arty but also stop your team from getting flanked..(Your team

will be aware of this and act accordingly...It will give them confidence to progress their flank)..

..In short you are the most stealthy ,moble tank on your team so use this to the best of your ability...and your teams??''

Added this old post too......:harp:

''Alot of players seem to think that you 'Just scout' in light tanks whereas your duties are well beyond that..

If you want to play as just a 'Pure scout' i recommend you consider yourself a 'General of the battlefield as you will set the tempo of the game ...Or to put it another way a 'Sweeper' in football..

How??..Well lets take a look at your 'Duties'??

• First and foremost you are an 'Antiscout'...You will try to kill the opponants teams eyes as this will blind them...If you can do this the odds are in your favour already for a win.

• You also play as a cover tank if any of your teams tanks have long reloads...You will need to watch they dont get pounced on by the enemy and as you have the speed to cover the map quickly consider

it your job to do this..

• You will be a support tank as needed..

• You will block gaps in your line namely to stop your team being flanked if a flank becomes static?..

• You will be the 'Opportunist/Harrasser'...This means just because you are small with zero armour doesnt mean you cant be useful?..You need to keep up with the battle and harrass the enemy (Turn turrets)

as your team will feed of your actions..

• You will become a 1 man army and hold a flank alone by just outspotting the opponants...their 6th sense will go off and make them nervous and so will put them on the back foot...this will give your arty

a chance to work aswell.(This works aswell when you want to gain map control and take certain positions)

• 'Lone wolf'...You will look for lone targets preferably on low health to circle to death (But beware outstaying your welcome?..I normally go by the '3 shot rule' meaning if you cant kill them in 3 shots then

dont bother as their support will come to help them in that time.

Later in the game (If you can survive that long?) is when you will get to shine in the battle as your V/R and cammo becomes very useful indeed.

..Consider your tanks set-up aswell?...I normally go for Optics and bino,s on all my lights that have 'High cammo' as this gives you an ability to adapt to all situations...In lights you need the ability to adapt as that is

what this class does the best (Some better than others?)...it is the only class that can do this and as such you need to exploit the fact..''

...Yes its a TLDR but well worth the read:child:

...This is what i play lights for....and not to play as a med??

wiggles #19 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33567 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

There has been an interesting number of MM broken since 9,18 videos in the last few days

From QB to Kellerman.

Still no StinkLady vid yet. Oh my days!

Brodie_ #20 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76129 battles

I just want my VK28.01 back with it's derp gun!

HELL! They can even give it +4 matchmaking if they like!

It was soo fun!

Would much rather have that than any of the tier X's!

Edited by Brodie_, 20 September 2017 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users