Safeshot mod

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

FaceURfearS #1 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12333 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE
Do you guys agree with me if safeshot mod was included in the game, because some how it is annoying to get shot by some some people and get killed, and they dont get banned or punished.....WG should put this like they did to the zoom in, enemy last seen in the mini map, and other mods....actually it is helpful to get those mods from the game better than installing it from outsource webites

japtank #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles
Yes, but I uninstalled safeshot because it doesn't let you fire over/close to an ally which hinders fire possibilities in tight positions.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you want WG to ban someone for that one shot when you drove in to his sight? Is that your first complaint?  As all the safe shot mod does, it prevent you from hitting someone that runs into your sight real fast. And you don't get banned for that 1 accidental shot now and then anyway.

Safeshot mod don't prevent you from doing team damage. If they really want to do it. All they have to do is aim at someone for a few a seconds longer and then fire as much as they want, until they turn blue and get banned.  

FaceURfearS #4 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12333 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

View Postjaptank, on 20 September 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yes, but I uninstalled safeshot because it doesn't let you fire over/close to an ally which hinders fire possibilities in tight positions.

But i guess the safeshot mod you have is for 2 seconds, you cant shoot your ally if you aim at him, or if you tried to shoot him for 2 seconds, then you can shoot him, thats what i had

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 September 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

So you want WG to ban someone for that one shot when you drove in to his sight? Is that your first complaint?  As all the safe shot mod does, it prevent you from hitting someone that runs into your sight real fast. And you don't get banned for that 1 accidental shot now and then anyway.

Safeshot mod don't prevent you from doing team damage. If they really want to do it. All they have to do is aim at someone for a few a seconds longer and then fire as much as they want, until they turn blue and get banned.  

Accidental team damage is accepted, because its by mistake and you didnt aim at your ally, what i am talking about is getting shot in purpose, like they aim at you and shoot

FaceURfearS #5 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12333 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

and why to ban, if they can prevent doing such thing

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33204 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
While I can see the OP's point, I personally think it would be a shame if they removed friendly fire. 

15JG52Brauer #7 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 74060 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Most friendly fire scenarios can be avoided if the player choses to drive behind the friendly tank that has stopped and not in front of it - that pretty much rules out over half of the accidental scenarios where player A drives in front of player B and gets shot - simply by player A using his brain and driving behind the tank that has stopped to fire, Yes there will always be the scenario where you poke out to get a shot just as someone behind you shoots, and often there isnt much blame in that situation - you didnt know they would fire, they didnt know you would peek, and of course in this case friendly fire mod might help, but it's not infallible in these cases if there is shell travel time delay involved, so the shot was clear when you fired, but the other guy moved in front just after and you shell took 1 sec to get there (KV2 - I'm looking at you buddy- you trolled me like this many time!!). For me the safeshot mod is too limiting, and doesnt help when I would like it to , so better to use my brain a bit more and hope my team mates do the same, and maybe in time WG will do something about it as was rumoured a while back (not holding my breath though!).

Homer_J #8 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No. If someone drives in my way then I want to shoot them in the back, it makes me feel better.

I have never been banned and I have not even been blue for years.

Edited by Homer_J, 20 September 2017 - 02:45 PM.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
No, thanks. I don't need a digital mommy holding my hand while shooting. I'd rather live with the consequences - which doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvements.

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20546 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFaceURfearS, on 20 September 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Accidental team damage is accepted, because its by mistake and you didnt aim at your ally, what i am talking about is getting shot in purpose, like they aim at you and shoot

You seem to be missing the point entirely. Safeshot mod DOES NOT prevent team damage in any way even with it, if someone really wants to troll you they can.

Friendly fire can act as a deterent from idiotic behaviour since nobody wants to recieve a slap in the cheek for acting a tool.

As has been said already, if you drive in front of my gun when I am concentrating on destroying an enemy tank then you should expect to recieve a polite nudge in the back of the turret due to your own stupidity.

Edited by RamRaid90, 20 September 2017 - 03:03 PM.

his_dudenes #11 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26163 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I consider safeshot a cheat, and think it should be banned.
Either you have team dammage in the game or you dont..

controlling your cannon is part of the gameplay.

Edited by his_dudenes, 20 September 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Old_Viking_DK #12 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9373 battles
  • [H2VOC] H2VOC

I do understand the op, but to be honest i cant remember last time i had a friendly shoot my tank. 

So i dont see  sthe need for a implemention of safe shot.

FaceURfearS #13 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12333 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 September 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

You seem to be missing the point entirely. Safeshot mod DOES NOT prevent team damage in any way even with it, if someone really wants to troll you they can.

Friendly fire can act as a deterent from idiotic behaviour since nobody wants to recieve a slap in the cheek for acting a tool.

As has been said already, if you drive in front of my gun when I am concentrating on destroying an enemy tank then you should expect to recieve a polite nudge in the back of the turret due to your own stupidity.

I am talking about the actual aiming at your butt as you are busy shooting the enemy, not even moving in front of your allies, and suddenly you receive a friendly shot for some reason...safeshot here prevents those stupid people to act like that, but the accident shot I know about it, that no one can run away from it, even safeshot mod doesnt help in this case

Homer_J #14 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFaceURfearS, on 20 September 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

.safeshot here prevents those stupid people to act like that,

No it doesn't because you can over ride it.

And it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem anyway.

Geno1isme #15 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41454 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

The Safeshot-mod causes more problems than it solves. It doesn't prevent people doing team damage on purpose, and only prevents some cases of accidental team damage. On the other hand it regulary blocks you from shooting enemies in legal situations if there is a minor risk of hitting an ally.

View PostHomer_J, on 20 September 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

No it doesn't because you can over ride it.

You don't even have to override it, just need to be a bit creative with your aiming and/or ammunition selection.

Edited by Geno1isme, 20 September 2017 - 03:41 PM.

jack_timber #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32373 battles

I had safe shot on a couple of years ago after I turned blue for TK.... Guy drove in front of me, I was driving a Cruiser 4, anyways he missed the first round but got the other 3 in the turret and killed him.

I had only played a couple of hundred games so was mortified at turning blue. So safe shot was installed from Aslains mod pack.

So maybe for new, and perhaps more experienced players, there should be an option to enable this from within WoT rather than installation from a mod pack.

It's all about being given the choice...

250swb #17 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFaceURfearS, on 20 September 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Do you guys agree with me if safeshot mod was included in the game, because some how it is annoying to get shot by some some people and get killed, and they dont get banned or punished.....WG should put this like they did to the zoom in, enemy last seen in the mini map, and other mods....actually it is helpful to get those mods from the game better than installing it from outsource webites

Accidents happen, but something players should learn to benefit all aspects of their gameplay is situational awareness, and this is best learned by anticipating the things that happen around them. Take away this responsibility with a mod and nobody need bother being careful, knowing where their teammates are, or learning to aim accurately and plan ahead. Any complicated fight would be reduced to the lowest common denominator of blasting away hoping to hit the enemy but knowing you can't shoot a friendly, so skill would become a thing of the past.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users