Private

• Player
  • 43110 battles
  • [CT] CT
Category:
World of Tanks
Sub-category:
Game Settings
Hi,i have suggestion for you ,for the next patch : i see that on this new update you removed some climbing paths on several maps.In my opinion you should have made more paths for climbing ,but not just for high speed tanks , but also for ht-s,and td-s.It would make game more interesting for most players because in most of stages there are many hills ,small and big ones ,but you cant climb any of that hills because the tank is too slow or has low strength on engine for climbing,or you have only one way where you can go, or you can just stand behind hill in cover. If you make more climbing paths from both side of hills ,then the players on hill would not have such a good and safe position for shooting on their opponents,(for example map mines) and there would not be players that sit on one place for all the period of game. They would have to change positions ,or look all the way around them for enemy tanks,not just aim and shoot ,and it would make the game more interesting for both sides ,and there wont be just 2-3 types of tanks that can climb .I think it would make game more interesting and more types of tanks would be used in battles ,not just in clan wars or strongholds ,but in random games too.Thanks for listening (reading) this ticket ,and i hope you will try to make some improvements regarding this matter.
Best regards : asinis

hi all wot players ,i wrote this ticket yesterday,and i would like to now what is your opinion on this topic ,and suggestions too

Homer_J #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Those hills are there for a reason, if we can all go everywhere then the whole map may as well be flat.

250swb #3 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22086 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You can usually spot a loser in a game if they go climbing. The thing is the idiots who go climbing don't just take up lots of time doing it, so not contributing to the team, but when they get there they stay there, it becomes a time invested position, so if the battle has moved, or they are spotted, they still sit there. So no, it's a bad idea to make it available to any tank, never mind make it easier for all tanks.

How_hard_can_it_be #4 Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40213 battles
The players like you, OP, are the reason for many losses when I play. Now you want even more people play that way? Want improvements? How about reminding WG they haven't blocked access to all the very well known broken spots?:izmena:

Kartoshkaya #5 Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS
Can we please instead ban all goats from this game, so they can install cs:go and play KZ maps, instead of pissing of everyone in wot ?

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
No thank you. We don't need more tanks spending half the game useless trying to get up to spots where they can't do crap and are actually needed up front.

Derethim #7 Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17300 battles

Like someone else said, the hill are there for a reason.

Also, they just get into a coverless position and die fast once spotted.

jaz000 #8 Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24322 battles
I think what the OP actually said was "bring back dragon ridge".

It was a fun map ... for admiring the view. Not so good on gameplay most of the time.

Xaneleon #9 Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostHomer_J, on 20 September 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Those hills are there for a reason, if we can all go everywhere then the whole map may as well be flat.

Nice thought process here, but you completely went out of OP's way to shitpost. Even though OP's post is a bit weird. I think it could be a great implementation, if done correctly. All you guys are thinking about are the absolutely broken climbs, this is about having balanced climbs on both sides.

View Post250swb, on 20 September 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

You can usually spot a loser in a game if they go climbing. The thing is the idiots who go climbing don't just take up lots of time doing it, so not contributing to the team, but when they get there they stay there, it becomes a time invested position, so if the battle has moved, or they are spotted, they still sit there. So no, it's a bad idea to make it available to any tank, never mind make it easier for all tanks.

Usually the guys I see climbing have learned something more than licking windows and shooting HE, in that sense it's a plus.

The thing is that most climbs are useless af and only some are good, the rest is borderline OP.

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 20 September 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

The players like you, OP, are the reason for many losses when I play. Now you want even more people play that way? Want improvements? How about reminding WG they haven't blocked access to all the very well known broken spots?:izmena:

I do think this is also a plea to block those routes. Nobody wants them in the game.

View PostKartoshkaya, on 20 September 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Can we please instead ban all goats from this game, so they can install cs:go and play KZ maps, instead of pissing of everyone in wot ?

Banning everyone on a hill is a nice way of handling the problem. How about you think about fixing the problem itself and not the cause? Just a little idea to use your brain before spouting bs on the forums.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 20 September 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

No thank you. We don't need more tanks spending half the game useless trying to get up to spots where they can't do crap and are actually needed up front.

I have to agree with this, nowadays I often am in an absolute zerg across the map to get my damage and kills. Games are over in about 3 minutes.

If you look at it like that, the climber has a shitty game if you win and he can try to hold out of you lose. If "half the game" was spend climbing, do you think an average shitter would turn the tide versus an absolute overmatch by the enemy team if he were 'on equal ground'?

Please no haterino, I merely want a more interesting game than having fancy corridors. Remove the [edited]climbs and broken ones, but keep the useful ones. 

P.S. The best example for this would be Cliff hill. Both sides can get up normally (with danger). But both sides can also get up with climbing/skill (without danger). I say that's fun and balanced.

The_Georgian_One #10 Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35875 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

I genuinely think that providing spots where a Maus player could climb is a bad idea.

Because there will be Maus players that will spend half of battle trying to get there to climb, allowing their team to melt in the meantime.

Xaneleon #11 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 21 September 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

I genuinely think that providing spots where a Maus player could climb is a bad idea.

Because there will be Maus players that will spend half of battle trying to get there to climb, allowing their team to melt in the meantime.

Try to look at it like this: A hill is not to accomodate a MAUS, that's for more mobile tanks. Just like a bush is better for tanks with good camo and viewrange.

Will baddies still sit in bushes with a MAUS? Yes. Will they climb with a MAUS? You bet they will.

This is why there's a thing called meta. You can, but only people with a brain will benefit from it.

Homer_J #12 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 21 September 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

We already have enough of them.

Himmelsdorf castle, Malinovka Windmill hill......

Derethim #13 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17300 battles

View Postjaz000, on 21 September 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

I think what the OP actually said was "bring back dragon ridge".

It was a fun map ... for admiring the view. Not so good on gameplay most of the time.

I loved it to bits tho, it was pretty big, so you didn't get spotted and killed at the very beginning of the match.

zgsinisa #14 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43110 battles
  • [CT] CT

Xaneleon said it good,i didnt mean that all tanks can climb anywhere,i just thought that it would be good for the game that climbs were  available for more tanks, and from both sides of hills,not just BC 25T, RU 251 or T 49, why not let  AMX  50 B,or other tanks that have speed around 50 kmh to climb some of the hills,and that they can climb from any side of hill no matter what side of map are you on. And lets get clear : i didnt think about all hills on all the maps ,just some , but available from each side,i think it would be more balanced for both teams.

p.s. the georgian one - i realy hope that you dont climb hills with maus :)

The_Georgian_One #15 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35875 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View Postasinis, on 21 September 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

p.s. the georgian one - i realy hope that you dont climb hills with maus :)

I don't. Same as I don't go beach on Overlord. But some people do. Hence I don't want to give them opportunity.

Kartoshkaya #16 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

View PostXaneleon, on 21 September 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Banning everyone on a hill is a nice way of handling the problem. How about you think about fixing the problem itself and not the cause? Just a little idea to use your brain before spouting bs on the forums.

Yes you're right sir. It should get fixed and balanced. We all want here better maps than the usual corridors maps.

As for the players, they should only get into the fair play policy and only get a week of warning ban in a first time. However WG should perm ban the youtubers explaining how to abuse glitches and copyright all their content in YT. Any youtuber spreading glitch abuse should get the same treatment obviously.

Does that sounds better to you ? No because last time I said in this forums climbs should be fixed I got replied with something like "Goats will always find a way to climb" wich you can translate with "Cheaters will always find a way to glitch abuse".

Also I'm playing lately with a new player. I'm teaching him how to play so he can enjoy more the game. So we were on Serene coast the other day and there was this UDES platoon in the other team. We noticed early in the game they climbed on these south moutains, the ones covering the south cap. So game went bad for both team and in the end there was only a few allies alive and the two ennemies UDES. Nobody in our team could spot the two UDES and anyone going on the ennemy cap was getting spotted and shot down. It ended as a draw. My friend asked me what he could have done to win this game, I just replied him : Nothing, it was either a loose if you got in the cap either a draw.

So yeah you can also "spout your bs on the forums" but it doesn't change the fact it is an abuse and should be treated as an abuse until it get fixed.

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 21 September 2017 - 08:33 PM.

Xaneleon #17 Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Seems like you're taken this waaaaay too serious, it would be a shame to get perma-banned for creating content. But if that would be the case, so be it, then I can step away and never look back.

Kartoshkaya #18 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

View PostXaneleon, on 21 September 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Seems like you're taken this waaaaay too serious, it would be a shame to get perma-banned for creating content. But if that would be the case, so be it, then I can step away and never look back.

And you're clearly in your own world, yes, you saw everything on this game, yes you're having fun climbing because it's something to discover. But try to explain this game is fun to new players when you get this kind of scenarios. I actually brought 8 friends to this game in total, 4 of them liked the game, only 1 was entertained enough to get to tier X. Don't you think the tier 8 isn't sh*tty enough for a newb we need to had them tanks going on unreachable locations with cloaking device ?

I have nothing against goats in CW or SH. But ffs stop ruining the game for the newbs working hard to get their next tank. It is unfair and you cannot deny it.

Xaneleon #19 Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

What? How am I living in my own world?

I just see balanced climbs as another game element that has to be learned. We have starting maps for learning and this game could use some variety.

You talk about newbies learning the game, that's cool and all, but give the better players something to play with too else you'll end up with a bland game.

You can say what you want, but atleast I try to put things in perspective. A newbie getting rekt by a goat will learn from the experience and will know in the future to take precaution when moving into a certain area.

Just like finding out what bushes work for spotting or flanks to rush. Get these ideas of utterly broken climbs out of your head, those aren't there in this proposal.

Gotma #20 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 51412 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I agree that climbers are not the problem. WG has to get its .... together and make maps not following the "3-corridor-rule" with variety, spots for different classes etc. Some maps like dragons ridge, pearl river etc would only need some adjustments to be considered good maps for most players.

Nevertheless I still think climbing/boosting doesn't offer anything to the game. Make those spots accessible to all players easily without going full autism mode in training rooms for hours and hours. And no offense here Xane, I respect you effort and we have quite a few autism climbers in IDEAL as well *cough* slart *cough*

I just feel most people should go back and learn the basics instead of wasting time to get to positions they can't use to their full potential anyway afterwards.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Gotma, 22 September 2017 - 11:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users