World of Zombies

why corridors are effective

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles

I tend to think back to my teen days of playing Left for Dead with my friend, when we hoarded zombies into one killzone and then just picked them off on the defense maps.

It's exactly the same in WoT and why people complain about "corridors". I've had a match yesterday in my Churchill VII, where I held off the whole enemy team alone - there were at least two medium in the corridor, one TOG and one IS. Nobody managed to pen me frontally, except few APCR frontal shots from a Bromwell.

The thing about this was...

My flank was completely open. I was alone.

Yet, none of them bothered to go around the buildings and hit me in the side or the back. No. They all just stood in front of me and either died, retreated or "can't pen, hihi, tap two".

Now, this was on Lakeville, the rightmost side. If it was stupid Paris (the worst map possible in this game) I wouldn't wonder, as it has no way of flanking anyone, but people complain about corridor maps and
"light tanks being useless in them" and then they stand in front of a heavy tank and try to pen it from the front, which should, imo, work only if you are in a TD or some high-pen tank. Everything else should flank. But their herd behaviour and hours of watching youtubers spam gold won't allow them to think strategically. It's also the best thing, if you're on such a passive team ... -_-

qpranger #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31484 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
And the worst thing is, this farce goes on all the way to tier 10.

Browarszky #3 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15999 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
My tactics have been copied, it seems. Well, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

malachi6 #4 Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49232 battles
Basically, you got lucky one game.  We all need that.  Not really worth a treatise though. 

Derethim #5 Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 21 September 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

Basically, you got lucky one game.  We all need that.  Not really worth a treatise though. 

It's more of a ragepost.. I know I got lucky, if there were more competent players on their team I'd be dead, but they'd still just tap 2.

They wouldn't care to flank or think or anything, they'd just keep clicking and well ... salivating.

And I've had this happen to my team many times, people just. Don't. Move.

EDIT: So yeah, had to went :justwait:

Edited by Derethim, 21 September 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Also tagged with why, corridors, are, effective

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users