Developers interview.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Private_Pearts #1 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20484 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

I was watching the YT vid where the developers were talking about the next patch and the Super Conqueror. They briefly mentioned the Chieftain and said that they could not put it into the game because it did not match the concept criteria that they had for the game.

Not much of a reason. Very cryptic. I mean first they need to tell us what the concept is before we can decide if they are making any sense or not. I thought the concept was tanks from certain periods battling it out and seeing as the Chieftain is contemporary with tanks like the T62A and the Leopard 1, why do they fit the 'concept' but the chieftain does not? What is so different about this fake Super Conqueror that makes it fit the 'concept' whilst the real life Chieftain doesn't.

So I got to thinking what the concept criteria is and why does the Chieftain not fit it. I've got my own ideas but I was wondering if anybody else had thought about it or better still had a definitive answer.

Aikl #2 Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Perhaps a faithful implementation of the Chieftain would require too hard of a hit in terms of soft/hard statistics?

malachi6 #3 Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48582 battles
Given it was the best MBT of its era by a large margin.  I would imagine it would be hard to balance.  Like a T-72 V's  Challenger 2 now.  I am sure they could use the notoriously bad engine as a way to balance it a little.  Also, I don't think many people would care if it was not faithful to the real item.  Simply to have it in game would be enough for many of us.

Derethim #4 Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 21 September 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Given it was the best MBT of its era by a large margin.  I would imagine it would be hard to balance.  Like a T-72 V's  Challenger 2 now.  I am sure they could use the notoriously bad engine as a way to balance it a little.  Also, I don't think many people would care if it was not faithful to the real item.  Simply to have it in game would be enough for many of us.

Surely there existed a downgraded version/weaker prototype of it?

I don't need the Chieftain.. my taste in meds is Japs and Frenchies, not Brits. But i'd love to see it ingame.

Spurtung #5 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60039 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postmalachi6, on 21 September 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

King Tiger was brutal too, and they managed to neuter it quite efficiently.

Perhaps the concept is simply "not Russian enough to be implemented as it should be".

NervosCuNervii #6 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T
Since when were the historical aspects of a tank important to WG besides the looks ? I call BS right here and now.

No, I'm not British and I don't give a Nutella about the Chieftain but their reasoning is not making much sense, especially as it would've fit better instead of the Super Conqueror.

Edited by NervosCuNervii, 21 September 2017 - 07:16 AM.

krismorgan #7 Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostSpurtung, on 21 September 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

King Tiger was brutal too, and they managed to neuter it quite efficiently.

Perhaps the concept is simply "not Russian enough to be implemented as it should be".

The bottom line says it all!

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Biggest player base RU. Second most players Poland. Not enough Brits playing the game.

Moral; if you are British and desire to seen the iconic Chieftain in this game go out and persuade five mates each to start playing WoT. If the UK player base gets above the PL one, then more chance of a Chieftain happening, until then;

nie ma matek, teraz o tym budynku, które chcesz zrobić

Browarszky #9 Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postarthurwellsley, on 21 September 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Biggest player base RU. Second most players Poland. Not enough Brits playing the game.

Moral; if you are British and desire to seen the iconic Chieftain in this game go out and persuade five mates each to start playing WoT. If the UK player base gets above the PL one, then more chance of a Chieftain happening, until then;

nie ma matek, teraz o tym budynku, które chcesz zrobić

Or just make it a Polish Chieftain and call it Wódz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users