HT must be capable fight against TD

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

SuedKAT #21 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Firstly, currently it's more a HT meta than it is anything else and that's been the case for quite a while, sure other classes can have an impact but if your top tier HT's suck and the enemies don't your often screwed. Secondly none-turreted TD's are currently not in a good state at all, or rather their place in the current meta ain't very good with a few exception which for the most part is the one with workable frontal armor.

However reading this thread and the other "Luck" thread you made makes it pretty clear that your not playing that game utilizing the mechanics it offers, you stubbornly refuse to either learn or accept how the game works and continue to do your own thing and in the process get angry/frustrated when that don't work. It's quite clear that a single player FPS game on easy mode is more your thing, you get all the weapons, you can yolo forward and just fire all over the place while the enemies don't do much and even if you die you can just load from the last auto/quick save.  

OneSock #22 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35328 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Isn't the clue in the name Tank Destroyer ?

i.e. if you drive in front of it you will get destroyed ?

avr7002 #23 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32173 battles

Yes, I am not playing that game utilizing the mechanics it offers. It offers camping and hiding.  Thank players like me the game is playable for you too (who utilizing the mechanics). Otherwise you havent nothing to shoot at and game became boring campfest for most patient player too. Nobody will take risk to look out of corner, nobody dares to take look beside centre line. Even if I am died and my team now outnumbered, it will provoke now enemy attack, leave they safe positions and sometimes they just so excited, that will lose. I am in HT will in future too take more risk, take shots in, for my team. I never know, is team behind me support me or not, it is random battle. Usually not (55 %), but sometimes they do (45 %). Even if I am died for nothing, it is fun to see mess and horror in enemy territory, when I start moving towards them, some of them tried escape, others realised, that  my team dont join with me and enjoy free shots on me. Everybody have fun.  

I never start attack in situation 4: 5, or 5:5,  but I will start attack in situation 7: 4, looking at minimap positions and left tanks of course.

Edited by avr7002, 22 September 2017 - 09:58 AM.

SuedKAT #24 Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Yes, I am not playing that game utilizing the mechanics it offers. It offers camping and hiding.  Thank players like me the game is playable for you too (who utilizing the mechanics). Otherwise you havent nothing to shoot at and game became boring campfest for most patient player too. Nobody will take risk to look out of corner, nobody dares to take look beside centre line. 

You see this is not like any other random easy mode FPS game in which you can just run face forward, guns blazing straight into the enemies, you need something more, you need tactics and most of all you need situational awareness to grasp the current situation of the battlefield. When you master the games mechanics you will play as most better players you come across, quite aggressive, just watch any WoT youtuber play and you'll see that they are aggressive but they are also calculating the risk vs reward at all times. You just don't want to learn and adapt, so instead you sit and camp, get a few shoots off and then die, or just randomly yolo and then you get frustrated why that don't work, since you don't want to play WoT, you want a 90s FPS on easy mode.

Excavatus #25 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

you were driving a frontally armored TD.. ONLY frontally armored TD... with current mechanics (prem ammo) means crap...

You were not driving a heavily armored Heavy tank... that means.. you rush.. you die..

and it seems you are incapable of to distinguish what kind of an armored vehicle you are driving.. and you want people to read and engage in a tactical conversation with you..

Try doing what you do in a REAL heavily armored HEAVY TANK.. like a maus or Type 5 Heavy.. but on the second thought.. dont do that either..

Please go back some tiers to learn which tank can do what in which map...

Because clearly you have no idea what so ever..

Enforcer1975 #26 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMR_FIAT, on 21 September 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

I think the real issue is between the keyboard and the chair. 

Problem is the cause of that problem doesn't realize it's the cause for the problem. 

avr7002 #27 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32173 battles

You are right but we are talking about different things. Work versus fun. Youtubers playing WoT too seriously, because it is work for them for living. I have good work and business for living, where I cant afford any risk. I want after work  relax and  fun risk with no harm to me. And just imagine, I am still alive and not even hurt after my E3 disaster.

Not only me. There are more players even in WoT , looking for relaxed time consuming than professional WoT youtubers. WoT stats are funny, but not so important in everybody real life.  Bank account stats are more important and better stats for life skill level too. Btw I enjoy watch all my battles till end as spectator in good players tank and I know, how they play and how much they take risk.

Isharial #28 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20186 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

You are right but we are talking about different things. Work versus fun. Youtubers playing WoT too seriously, because it is work for them for living. I have good work and business for living, where I cant afford any risk. I want after work  relax and  fun risk with no harm to me. And just imagine, I am still alive and not even hurt after my E3 disaster.

Not only me. There are more players even in WoT , looking for relaxed time consuming than professional WoT youtubers. WoT stats are funny, but not so important in everybody real life.  Bank account stats are more important and better stats for life skill level too. Btw I enjoy watch all my battles till end as spectator in good players tank and I know, how they play and how much they take risk.

this is all cow dung... do you think no one else here on these forums has a job just like you do? :facepalm:

the majority of good players play for fun (omg!!! they play a game for fun????) yes, yes they play for FUN, only they have fun shooting the enemy a lot and surviving battles, you seem to have fun being cannon fodder :amazed:

avr7002 #29 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32173 battles

No, I never think that WoT player base are jobless. But I think, that lot off take WoT too seriously. There seem to be lot of stress around. Too much stress about stats. Take it easy.

Edited by avr7002, 22 September 2017 - 03:45 PM.

tajj7 #30 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25568 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAikl, on 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

E3 might be classed as a TD, but that's mostly down to gun parameters rather than dictated playstyle. Like a plethora of other tanks, the class doesn't dictate the playstyle. Many TDs are able to impact the game the most on the frontlines. Some heavy tanks are best at medium to long range. There are medium tanks who have features lending themselves to brawling with heavy tanks rather than flanking. 

Anyway, excessive basecamping is indeed one of the annoying features of WoT, but you can't really blame most players for doing what sadly is the most effective tactic - to camp that bush-and-rock fort in the baseand wait for the enemy.

Hence, maps are to blame more than TDs, which when not camping are far more balanced, in that they do well in straight-line fighting or defending a flank. There they simply can feature their (typical) strong parameter - a big gun. Heavies have armor, mediums have mobility and DPM. All are strong in each situation.

When a base-camping position can lock down every approach and half the map, you have a case of bad map design, not necessarily a class problem.

This, it's the maps at fault, too many positions that are near the base that are just too good. They usually have concealment, elevation, hard cover and because they are near or on the baseline they are hard to flank. Then WG usually adds large areas of open ground in front which makes them suicide for crossing.

Just very bad map design. You currently have so many maps that are basically like this:

close range brawling spot with protected flanks ----------> large open space with not much cover ------------> elevated OP base camping spot.           

Take Airfield as an example, heavy tank brawling spot or you fight over the midge, win that and if you push forward you have open space and then TD camping spots in the corner of the maps with bush cover, hard cover, elevation so you win your brawling spot and then get wrecked by camping TDs.

Other examples are Highway, for the North team, they go to the city, win the city fight and then they have a huge open area to cross to get to the enemy base with no cover and the camping TDs have elevation, concealment and hard cover.

Abbey is similar, open ground all round a raised base area with hard cover and concealment for base campers.

Tundra, battle for the hill, win it push forward into a load of campers. Steppes has amazing base camping spots, especially for South team if north wins the east flank and pushes. 

Fishermans bay has the two corner camping spots, Fjords has the peninsular camping spot, Steppes has elevated base camping spots for both spawns.  

Pretty much every map has the same pattern, these really strong spots just to favour bots who can't use the W key and basically get handed a strong position right where they spawn. 

tankqull #31 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21045 battles
  • [WBD] WBD

View PostIsharial, on 21 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

armour is useful and when well used is a very strong advantage, the only thing stopping it from working is the thing behind the chair and PC.....

is the double 2 tap...

Isharial #32 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20186 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

No, I never think that WoT player base are jobless. But I think, that lot off take WoT too seriously. There seem to be lot of stress around. Too much stress about stats. Take it easy.

then why type a sentence that basically says you think all good players are jobless? :facepalm:

some players take it seriously, because that's they're fun... playing the game and using their tank in a manner that allows them to win.. that's not exactly something you can hate on them for

there would be a lot less stress around if bad players learnt the game mechanics before calling out people on bots and cheats, and then actually played the game...

"a lot of stress around" and "I has a job" doesn't excuse anyone and allow them to do what you do with your E3 on ensk.... none of that even matters to how you play your E3, people just want you to play it in a manner that doesn't make you a pointless and worthless waste of a team slot... they want you to play the game... is that such a bad thing?

View Posttankqull, on 22 September 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

is the double 2 tap...

tell that to Type 5 heavy

avr7002 #33 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32173 battles

You are selfish to tell me, how I must play. Maybe I want my team play it in a manner that doesn't make them a pointless and worthless waste of a team slot... I want they to play the game..., not camping,  is that such a bad thing?

Spurtung #34 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64671 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yes, I am not playing that game utilizing the mechanics it offers. It offers camping and hiding.  Thank players like me the game is playable for you too (who utilizing the mechanics). Otherwise you havent nothing to shoot at and game became boring campfest for most patient player too. Nobody will take risk to look out of corner, nobody dares to take look beside centre line. Even if I am died and my team now outnumbered, it will provoke now enemy attack, leave they safe positions and sometimes they just so excited, that will lose. I am in HT will in future too take more risk, take shots in, for my team. I never know, is team behind me support me or not, it is random battle. Usually not (55 %), but sometimes they do (45 %). Even if I am died for nothing, it is fun to see mess and horror in enemy territory, when I start moving towards them, some of them tried escape, others realised, that  my team dont join with me and enjoy free shots on me. Everybody have fun.  

I never start attack in situation 4: 5, or 5:5,  but I will start attack in situation 7: 4, looking at minimap positions and left tanks of course. 

Your ideas are completely wrong, but keep playing tier 10s.

Search_Warrant #35 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27235 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
"Why cant i ress R three times and win?"

Spurtung #36 Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64671 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

You are selfish to tell me, how I must play. Maybe I want my team play it in a manner that doesn't make them a pointless and worthless waste of a team slot... I want they to play the game..., not camping,  is that such a bad thing?

It is when you show to be very clueless about what "playing the game" actually is.

SuedKAT #37 Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

You are of course free to play the game however you like, but the way you currently play it seems to cause you frustration and anger rather than anything else and since you want a game to "stress down" it's not exactly a match made in heaven. The game won't change, the random teams won't change, you either adapt and learn the game or your stuck in the situation you're in right now, blaming everyone and everything won't change a thing, the only constant factor in your matches is you and that's the only thing you can change if you want any change.

I'm a dad with 2 small kids, a demanding job and an active social life, not to mention two grandmothers that like to come over every damn time, believe me when I say I play any game to have fun and stress down. Still I managed 71% winrate and 2400 WN8 tonight over 44 matches and I did that by always being on the front, keeping my gun active at all times, have a look for yourself: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3839575

As a bottom tier turretless TD I managed that, sure I wasn't in the face of the enemy, but I utilized my tanks to it's strengths and positioned my self thereafter.

avr7002 #38 Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32173 battles

I watched replay. Good battle from you. But. It is just proving, what I told. TD-s are too OP in current meta. They are better than HT on any map area. If they want, they snipe from red line, if they want, they go on brawling. For example, Swedish high tier Strv impenetrable from front even with tier 10 gold ammo. Even in city street Strv usually just parking ahead of HT and will comfortably trade shots until HT is killed (very fast)

I am not agreeing, that player base and game dont change. Game do change every month, after update. Player base change too. Most get sooner or later skilled and will avoid incoming shots at all cost (hiding till end). Others, (unskilled like me) reach to 20 k battles with bad stats and understanding, that there is nothing to lost anymore lets take full fun. WoT will not fix arty? No problem. I will just ignore arty and if happens, switch to next tier 10 tank.

Replay how I was spotted and killed one first minute by arty on Sand River ( where to hide? )

http://wotreplays.eu...c3b8f13bcae1bac

It is not my problem only, but WoT problem too, that I cant take WoT too seriously any more.

And dont get me wrong. I am not going for suiside. If battle is serious, I will take it seriously.

Replay, how I hold flank with my obj 140, with 4140 blocked dmg.

http://wotreplays.eu...c3b8f13bcae1bac

roachex #39 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Topic & first post kinda dont connect.

Though in short - TD is meant to shread through heavy armor, while sacrificing other features (mainly mobility/durability). TD > HT. Those breaktrough tanks - Maus & Type - are just emphasizing the need of a TD and reducing carry potential for a MT.

HT are strong enough against TDs.

XOR42 #40 Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17402 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postavr7002, on 22 September 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

You are selfish to tell me, how I must play. Maybe I want my team play......

Hi OP!

Someone is selfish to tell you how to play and then you start the next sentence with "Maybe I want". You seem to be a trifle conflicted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users