Rude "players"

idiots

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Rati_Festa #21 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42780 battles

Unfortunately people ( myself included ) don't have much patience in game. I would suggest playing at an appropriate tier to your skill, when I drop into lower tier games I tend to be far more patient with players as I appreciate they are probably still learning. When I play high tier my patience lessons considerably as I witness yet again someone with 20k, 30k, 40k + games and red stats doing stupid things. I only tend to get called names in T10 games, usually by players with blue/purple stats ( I'm green ) as they witness my compared to them unskilled gameplay. 

I've been called far worse names than 'idiot' too, you perhaps need to toughen up a bit as the poor behaviour isn't going to go away anytime soon, perhaps if WG sorted out some of the game balance issues though that might help somewhat.

Mimos_A #22 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23988 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostTyburn, on 21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

People get so stressed out at this game! Everyone has a different skill level. Deal with it! Hurling abuse does sweet FA. Get better? The ones calling everyone idiots need to get better ... at realising they can't ever rely on their teammates. Shouting that everyone is an idiot when you roll to your death only shows you up to be the real idiot. You should have realised you were on your own.

Just ignore it all OP. Play the game the way you want.

Well there's different kinds of frustration.

While a teammate doing something dumb and dying early is hardly reason to berate them, it happens to the best of us, there's certainly behaviour that triggers some intense fury. For example, setting up your fat heavy tank behind a td and firing, causing the td to be hit, pushing out a teammate who's sidescraping so you can have a shot etc. In short, idiocy that actively harms someone else trying to play the game. Usually when I see people berating each other in chat it's due to the latter type, and if you get called an idiot a lot, it might be constructive to see if you display this type of behaviour.

Edited by Mimos_A, 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM.

komunistu33 #23 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

Judging by your stats in high tiers (42% WR in IS-3 with 330 battles; 43% WR in UDES with 435 battles and 40% WR in JT88 with 110 battles) I'm inclined to believe it's mainly your fault and you probably are one of those IS-3 snipers that park next to arty.Edited 

Statistically speaking you sabotage your team more often than not by occupying a top tier slot (in the now 3-5-7 MM system) and being a dead weight. Please go back to lower tiers and learn to play. Go on wotreplays.com and search for high damage games in the tanks you do badly in and see how and where you should go. Hell, go watch some youtube videos, there are plenty of players that review matches or play themselves. 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 21 September 2017 - 12:20 PM.

VladCZ #24 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8629 battles

Guys, most of you are wrong. Or I wasn't clear..

It's not about calling me idiot, or specific player, because he plays bad.

It's just about if the team is loosing, there is almost always someone who type "idiot team" or so. Even they died as a first with almost no damage given. I am usually in top3 players (damage-wise) in the team (not counting if playing with +2 tiers). 

And those screaming "kids" - which call others idiots are usually on the end without any big damage given.

Tyburn #25 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10877 battles
I don't get called an idiot. I get told to spot. Sitting in E1. On prok. In my t49... Sometimes I fall asleep. But when my team says "hey tyburn ... the whole team is sat behind you ... maybe you'd like to push?" I'll do it. It's good advice. If I was only to be insulted with unconstructive "childish" insults - I wouldn't know what they refer to.

Insults mean nothing. Advice is useful. If you're willing to listen.

I've spent along time in lower tiers getting better at the game. I'm now playing tier 9 and it's quite the learning curve. Being insulted for wanting to learn should simply be ignored.

TheComfyChair #26 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7588 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If someone calls you an "idiot" , Edited. Problem solved.

Edited by VMX, 21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM.

VladCZ #27 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8629 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 September 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Judging by your stats in high tiers (42% WR in IS-3 with 330 battles; 43% WR in UDES with 435 battles and 40% WR in JT88 with 110 battles) I'm inclined to believe it's mainly your fault and you probably are one of those IS-3 snipers that park next to arty. I'm one of those salty players that rages when games are thrown because of players like yourself.

Statistically speaking you sabotage your team more often than not by occupying a top tier slot (in the now 3-5-7 MM system) and being a dead weight. Please go back to lower tiers and learn to play. Go on wotreplays.com and search for high damage games in the tanks you do badly in and see how and where you should go. Hell, go watch some youtube videos, there are plenty of players that review matches or play themselves. 

Could not completely agree with you. I'm not excellent player, but I think I'm more than average. And don't judge from my stats, because my 8year son play with my account from time to time (and he is not bad at all for 8 years) :-)

Tyburn #28 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10877 battles
Yeah mimos. I don't get called an idiot very often. Unless I've done something I know is idiotic. Like getting involved in this thread ;)

TungstenHitman #29 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles

Ok Vlad here is where I feel you may be attracting the flak.. and rightfully so imo though.. hopefully it's only limited to being called an idiot and doesn't degrade into more serious trash but.. it will happen. Lets take a look for a minute

http://www.wotzilla.com/playerinfos/Details/VladCZ

Now, you are playing exclusively at tier 8 and 9 and exclusively with a UDES and STRV. Fine, no problem and why not right? well.. the results are SHOCKING tbh, yesterday you played 55 battles and achieved 36% win rate.. today it's 33% I honestly have no idea how that is even possible without killing your own teammates.. explain how?? Anyway I get the feeling you are causing a LOT of players on your team a lot of stress and grief and at those tiers where a certain level of playstyle and experience is expected combined with the expensive running costs, a bad player.. and I mean HORRENDOUSLY BAD player is going to take flak as I assume the other players think you are trolling or teasing them on purpose.. I can't understand how these results are possible and I'm not a great player myself but if you insist on playing higher tiers and sucking big.. Edited.. unless of course that account and this thread is a spoof and Edited 

Edited by VMX, 21 September 2017 - 12:29 PM.

Mimos_A #30 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23988 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostTyburn, on 21 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yeah mimos. I don't get called an idiot very often. Unless I've done something I know is idiotic. Like getting involved in this thread ;)

I wasn't referring to you, just answering your post :) You seem aware of the game mechanics enough to not do stuff that warrants a good rant.

Edited by Mimos_A, 21 September 2017 - 12:02 PM.

Tyburn #31 Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10877 battles
Yeah ... um ... it may be better if you played some lower tiers OP. However you can play the game whichever way you want. Just don't expect to not be insulted.

komunistu33 #32 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostVladCZ, on 21 September 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Could not completely agree with you. I'm not excellent player, but I think I'm more than average. And don't judge from my stats, because my 8year son play with my account from time to time (and he is not bad at all for 8 years) :-)

I don't know by what metric you're basing that off of but you appear to be slightly below average in every metric, at most average. Maybe provide a replay where you think you've been called out wrongfully so we can see why that is because so far it appears most are justified. 

Ceeb #33 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

I cry myself to sleep every night for being called an idiot.

Sometimes I get called.... and it pains me to say it.... "kid"  and I want flail myself

jabster #34 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't know by what metric you're basing that off of but you appear to be slightly below average in every metric, at most average. Maybe provide a replay where you think you've been called out wrongfully so we can see why that is because so far it appears most are justified. 

So you think it's justified to label someone and idiot if they make a mistake. That means everyone is an idiot surely?

HMS_Antelope #35 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5810 battles

When everyone refers to lower tiers as a new player I can let you know the status of that.  Many players with over 5000 games sit at T3 when you start, some good some not so good feeding of the new blood of the game.  The result of that is to want to escape from T3/4 to T5 when the MM wants you to go to T5/6/7 so this then drives you to premium tanks as money is tight and the stock grind is painful at bottom tier.

you then realise that no matter what armour you have people will fire gold at you so you either hide or die so then it's a race to get sixth sense.  As a result of this new players rush to get out of the so called training area and go into the higher tiers to learn at the expense of the better players which in turn drives them nuts.  Ironically when you listen to high tier players good ones talk ghow much they enjoy low tier play it kind of says it all.  So we either create a low tier haven for people to learn and enjoy themselves or accept that the lower skilled players will inhabit higher tier play.  It's not satisfying to play T5 and realise most players have over 10000 games I kid you not.

WG are clever and know how to get the most money from us, they deliberately create the situation, I wasn't desperate to spend a lot of money on the game.

Shaade_Silentpaw #36 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22619 battles

Don't ever respond to abuse in-game first of all.

Don't take such things to the forums either - thar be interweb trolls here and they will try to eat you.

If anyone starts hurling abuse in a game, just report them for innappropriate behaviour in chat. If they contact you in the garage, blacklist them.

And ignore the trolls saying you just need to get good -  alot of the abuse actually comes when you are playing well, from average and below average players who cannot see beyond the meta of "Every heavy tank must go to X location and brawl, every light tank should be bombing it around the map like an idiot at all times until they die so that lazy TDs/arties can get free shots, strategic retreating is for noobs and you should stay and die with your less intelligent allies and throw the game just because, etc. etc."

jabster #37 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCeeb, on 21 September 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

I cry myself to sleep every night for being called an idiot.

Sometimes I get called.... and it pains me to say it.... "kid"  and I want flail myself

Personally I just find it all a bit depressing. It doesn't seem that you can play a higher tier game without one of the 'special' people deciding they want their voice heard.

430Umad #38 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20738 battles
  • [EX-4] EX-4

View PostVladCZ, on 21 September 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

So you're implying to be of a certain age already with a family and a certain amount of life experience, yet dealing with random Edited on the internet calling you an "idiot" is too much for you?

Edited by VMX, 21 September 2017 - 12:36 PM.

15JG52Brauer #39 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75252 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostTyburn, on 21 September 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Calling someone an idiot does nothing. Giving some advice on what could be done better helps the community.

Genrally speaking that's true - but after the umpteenth time of imploring your team to not all go death valley in slow heavy's on Lakeville cos they will die to arty and we will lose the town,or the hundedth time pleading with your team to not all go beach on overlord, you lose faith in the community's ability to learn. I'm an old fart, but if I can get reasonably good at this game(OK I wont ever be a unicum, but I still keep trying to improve) then there is no exscuse for all the "idiots" we see constantly making the same stupid mistakes - I dont mean the new guys - I mean the guys with 40K plus battles and a 45% wr who still go to beach on overlord - they never learn so you give up trying to tell them, and frustration sometimes takes over and you yell at the team from time to time - it's not a good thing, but it happens :-(

SaintMaddenus #40 Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34698 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Early game  "idiot Teams"  is usually said by those that died early and are wrong.  Late game "idiot team" are frequently right.

I get called Idiot quite a lot, But I'm only average player.  The best thing though is the person that called me an idiot is very often way way below me in the exp issued or the damage done.  I actually enjoy those ones.    sometimes a comment after the game might be " Yes, I can be an idiot, how's it feel to be totally outscored by an idiot."  Feels even better when I was the top scorer.

Obviously from my stats I'm not a redline camper..  My biggest weakness is I am overly aggressive and die too often ;)

Also tagged with idiots

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users