MM match making match maker bonds

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

goodman528 #1 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11851 battles
  • [FACE] FACE

Bonds should be awarded for bottom tier vehicles. This will encourage better gameplay and lessen the frustration of new players. It is one thing to retain the players who have reached tier X and can afford to play tier X only all of the time, but it is not healthy for the game when new players hit a wall at tier VI and VII with tier VIII games all day every day, Then find out at tier VIII the most common game type by far is X.

Are there stats for how many players have quit the game at tier VI to VIII? That is the potential revenue WG is losing out on by encouraging everybody to play more and more tier X. Player retention strategy like this can generate some better short term results, but it will hurt the long term profitability of the company.

Old premium tanks with protected match making should make bonds at reduced rate when not top tier. This might actually finally get someone to buy the T-34-3! (Or even the super pershing... ... but let's dream too big.)

Junglist_ #2 Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37809 battles
They will be in next patch IIRC

Dava_117 #3 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJunglist_, on 21 September 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

They will be in next patch IIRC

Are you sure? I read that are planning to introduce them in some way, but I didn't remember they said in the next patch...

Edited by Dava_117, 21 September 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Getting bonds for simply being bottomtier? Hell no.

And why would those bonds retain players? It's just a minor feature. A woking and balanced game with a good flow of content and improvements retains players.

Condono #5 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10432 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

What I would like to see is tier depended reward. For example, if tier7 gets putten into tier9 game where he does very well ( top player or around top), he should be rewarded as much bonds as tier8&9 if he did very well.

Edit: So the bond rewards depend on tier the top tier players are.

*cough* if that makes any sense, brain is a mess right now, got to drink coffee*

Edited by Condono, 21 September 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #6 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 26597 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostJigabachi, on 21 September 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

And why would those bonds retain players? It's just a minor feature. A woking and balanced game with a good flow of content and improvements retains players.

I get the feeling that you are so embroiled with your WOT forum persona you do not even bother to consider what you have read before the inner goblin vomits its mind onto the keyboard.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 21 September 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I get the feeling that you are so embroiled with your WOT forum persona you do not even bother to consider what you have read before the inner goblin vomits its mind onto the keyboard.

There is a reason why I put a questionmark after the first sentence. But thanks for the funny hint.

goodman528 #8 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11851 battles
  • [FACE] FACE

View PostJigabachi, on 21 September 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Bonds were introduced as a player retention feature for players who have reached tier X already. So you should direct your question "why would those bonds retain players?" at WG, not at me. World of warships already has tier dependent rewards, you get more credits and xp for damaging ships of higher tier than ships of lower tier. So maybe you also want to ask WG "Why do your games have the same tier grind structure but different reward structure? If one or the other is better, why not use it for both games?"

Also, getting bonds for simply being tier X? Hell no.

View PostCondono, on 21 September 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

What I would like to see is tier depended reward. For example, if tier7 gets putten into tier9 game where he does very well ( top player or around top), he should be rewarded as much bonds as tier8&9 if he did very well.

Edit: So the bond rewards depend on tier the top tier players are.

*cough* if that makes any sense, brain is a mess right now, got to drink coffee*

World of warships already has tier dependent rewards, you get more credits and xp for damaging ships of higher tier than ships of lower tier. I think that is a much fairer system. It recognizes the fact that it is a lot harder for a tier VI to damage a tier VIII than it is for a tier X to damage a tier VIII.

Also tagged with MM, match making, match maker, bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users