About the arty players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

El_Espanol_ #1 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13845 battles

Today, i joined a ranked match with an Obj 140, in Mines. Went to the top of the hill, everything was ok until i took an arty shot, then another, then another and then was destroyed by one of those arties. I took cover, i waited until being unspotted and then i went out again, just for taking another arty shot.

A match before, joined another ranked match with an E50M, in Abbey. I, a LT and a T110E4 went to the path near a river. The TD was placed on the first corner, near the tank wrecks, i a few meters behind, on the small dell, and suffered the same case that suffered in mines, arties that only play for making damage, not to attack HT or another hard targets (like that T110E4 that was holding that corner), like WG meant arties to be, but to hit again and again a damn MT.

I don't blame WG devs for adding the arties to the game, they are intended to be the brake of the, but the Edited players that misuse them and both, WG devs and other players, have to deal with.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 September 2017 - 10:05 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Pansenmann #2 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33690 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I wrote a longer reply but deleted it again,

because I would risk a year ban on these forums.

just one hint: don't generalize

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37409 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPansenmann, on 21 September 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Damn those pesky warning points:angry:

Press2ForSkill #4 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

K so WG noobs changed my post, it was just circumstances that may or may not have happened.

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 22 September 2017 - 09:58 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Encouraging team killing.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33690 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 21 September 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Edited

if your claim is true then rest assured that you have my utmost and sovereign execration.

replays please

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 September 2017 - 09:08 AM.

jack_timber #6 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32492 battles

As an arty player I will quote Agnes Brown, her/him off Mrs Brown's Boys, That's nice:)

Press2ForSkill #7 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostPansenmann, on 21 September 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

if your claim is true then rest assured that you have my utmost and sovereign execration.

replays please

No ban for me plz so no :D

Pansenmann #8 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33690 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 21 September 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

No ban for me plz so no :D

it's not me who is abusing a technical aspect of the game engine

for their own personal crusade. *shrugs*

just sayin'

samuelx43a #9 Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

OP, if you're ever interested(and no need for a prem account) you can put the nasal n "ñ" with the ASCII code alt+0242(correct me If I'm wrong)

@press2forskill. You are proud that you tk'd a teammate(i don't care a rats if the system misinterpreted it, you still did it) just because you dislike a class?

You are wasting a slot that a player could have used ten times better. Don't be surprised if it bites back

IncandescentGerbil #10 Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 21 September 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

Please don't spell generalise with a z. I am English and it upsets me a great deal.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 22 September 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

Please don't spell generalise with a z. I am English and it upsets me a great deal.

Let's not analyze this but rather realize the joy when you get to utilize the Z key for once, it's almost like you want to organize and catalog these phrases for future use, heck we should categorize them together with phrases such as aluminum in terms of humor.

Yaccay #12 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32018 battles

Let me think for a second.

WG nerfed arty, so arty can not do real damage to heavily armored tanks. (HE penetration in the range of 40-50, plus damage halved in favour of stun.)

So why arty should shot heavy target instead of shooting soft target?

Thanks for WG.

Edited by Yaccay, 22 September 2017 - 08:02 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 30681 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

So you possibly went to a crucial map location that could be key to map control and is now known for this now that the map has been played for a while. It maybe takes you 20-30 seconds to get there which leaves arty plenty of time to load, and pre-aim. Your sixth sense takes a few seconds to go off, and you're hit by arty?

Then to add to your problems you decide to stick your head up again knowing you're able to be hit by arty.

But somehow the arty player doing was mis-using arty and was cancerous (your phrases).

TBH all I see is a bad player who at best was unlucky or at worst played like a tomato, and whines for doing stupid things in the game.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 22 September 2017 - 08:52 AM.

Kozzy #14 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 22 September 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

So you possibly went to a crucial map location that could be key to map control and is now known for this now that the map has been played for a while. It maybe takes you 20-30 seconds to get there which leaves arty plenty of time to load, and pre-aim. Your sixth sense takes a few seconds to go off, and you're hit by arty?

Then to add to your problems you decide to stick your head up again knowing you're able to be hit by arty.

But somehow the arty player doing was mis-using arty and was cancerous (your phrases).

TBH all I see is a bad player who at best was unlucky or at worst played like a tomato, and whines for doing stupid things in the game.

Do you feel arty's role in the game is implied or suggested?  Or do you think arty doesn't have any defined roles in WoT?

Geno1isme #15 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41470 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostYaccay, on 22 September 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Let me think for a second.

WG nerfed arty, so arty can not do real damage to heavily armored tanks. (HE penetration in the range of 40-50, plus damage halved in favour of stun.)

So why arty should shot heavy target instead of shooting soft target?

You do realize that it makes little difference with that low penetration wether you shoot a heavy or a med, right? The only tanks where a pen is realistic are complete papertanks like Grille or some lights. Any target with 30-40mm nominal armor at the point of impact is rather unlikely to get penned (unless you hit in an almost perfect angle), so in like 95% of all hits you only get splash damage anyway, at which point penetration becomes completely irrelevant.

And with splash it doesn't make that much difference either wether you hit a superheavy or a lightly armored med. While you can get somewhat higher damage hits on the med, the superheavy is the much easier target (generally speaking, obviously depends on positioning). Hint: it can be more effective to shoot not directly at the heavy but just next to him, so the splash hits his side armor rather than the front.

Granted with the french peashooter hightier arties and their lackluster alpha it's a bit of a problem, those probably could use some rebalancing.

View PostEl_Espanol_, on 21 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Today, i joined a ranked match with an Obj 140, in Mines. Went to the top of the hill, everything was ok until i took an arty shot, then another, then another and then was destroyed by one of those arties. I took cover, i waited until being unspotted and then i went out again, just for taking another arty shot.

You realize how predictable your behavior was?

View PostEl_Espanol_, on 21 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

A match before, joined another ranked match with an E50M, in Abbey. I, a LT and a T110E4 went to the path near a river. The TD was placed on the first corner, near the tank wrecks, i a few meters behind, on the small dell, and suffered the same case that suffered in mines, arties that only play for making damage, not to attack HT or another hard targets (like that T110E4 that was holding that corner), like WG meant arties to be, but to hit again and again a damn MT.

Without knowing the actual positions it's hard to make an educated guess, but chances are that the arty had a good shot at your position and only a risky shot on the TD position, depending on where the arty was positioned. And then of course people rather shoot a target with 90% hitchance than a target with only a 30% hitchance. But that's just speculating.

RaxipIx #16 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28573 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't really like arty. And only playing them to complete the personal missions. Thank god i'm at the last obj mission so in the near future i don't need to play this pathetic class.

Arty is crap,  it's the most team dependent class from them all, and shooting same tier HT's for 100-200 damage and some pathetic 12 sec stun time.

Now  while getting to the final mission of the obj i can abs assure you that playing an MT, LT or anything fast and getting hit multiple times by arty, the MT LT driver is doing something wrong. Yes you can get lucky by leading a shot and blind firing a full speed LT, MT at full speed maybe once in 100 tries. But getting hit multiple times by arty in mobile tanks is just bad driving. 

And to be fair, i always try to hit  and focus easy shots on LT's Mt's too when they stand still or peek over and over from the same spot, because those are the biggest threat for an arty, those slow behemots  like Maus and Type need like 6-7 minutes to reach and pose a threat to arty. Actually if i have a shot with same chance of hitting a HT or a LT i will always try to hit the LT, MT. 

Press2ForSkill #17 Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 September 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

OP, if you're ever interested(and no need for a prem account) you can put the nasal n "ñ" with the ASCII code alt+0242(correct me If I'm wrong)

@press2forskill. You are proud that you tk'd a teammate(i don't care a rats if the system misinterpreted it, you still did it) just because you dislike a class?

You are wasting a slot that a player could have used ten times better. Don't be surprised if it bites back

I didn't TK a teammate, the player (may or may not have) TK'd themselves, and i don't think artys are teammates, they are just noobs that click and shoot teammates a LOT of times, even on purpose numerous times without getting blue... pretty sure most people hate arty's, and i hate the players that play them.. i wonder why you are even trying to defend... oh i see now, 4k battles in arty's... must suck to be like you..

and i may or may not have done it in ranked battles, mode sucks anyways, doesn't really matter what you do in that battle, and btw those battles i actually did (or may not have) done it, i ended top on exp anyways.. 

and it did bite me back in the form of a 3 day ban, luckily it is test server so i wasn't planning to play wot this weekend anyways :D

Asklepi0s #18 Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

• 5780 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Your post was closed as it was regarding Artillery
Due to the high number of Artillery threads, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users