Lets Talk about Ranked Battles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_HOXTON_ #1 Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36894 battles
I am just trying to put this out for others to hear.

There has been games where i carried hard and did double or triple damage compared to the second guy on the team and played very aggressive and close proximity to enemy but did not receive chevron because my team was incompetent. Meanwhile the player on wining team got a chevron with minimum effort.
Its called ranked and skill based but its still very unfair at times because i have been legit punished for poor players on my team refusing team work and wanting only to survive and do a few more damage at the expense of others. I have noticed people acting more selfish and red-line sniping or pushing/blocking or taking cover behind another player. This things happen in randoms too but stand out a lot more in ranked battles.
Its does bring out the "me first" culture in people. I just wish i don't get punished for others incompetence and my efforts and skills are rewarded. This game mode is also very expensive, to stay competitive at higher ranks premium consumables and ammo are must, i am loosing 30K credits on wins with 3k/4k damage and if a game go bad; up to 70K is lost. Playing premium tanks in randoms for Credits wears off quick and becomes a grind. I am not sure what solution to offer but there are people out there who have something positive on their minds i am sure.

I also very much like to hear how others are faring in this game mode and generally talk about it and exchange tips and experiences. For example i do appreciate occasional skilled teams where players work together in harmony and are aware of the situation and game escalation. I probably should not say this one out loud but at high ranks there are no bots and i like it like that xD. I am 1 chevron short of Rank 4 and hope to smoothly achieve it tomorrow and eventually get to the anchor at rank 5 so i can keep playing with good players as the competition helps a lot at playing good.

Edited by _HOXTON_, 22 September 2017 - 04:12 AM.

Yaccay #2 Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32781 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL
TL,DR: Ranked battles are hard, my experience is bad. Still, I want to play ranked battles.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've found the first season very enjoyable. I made something like +500.000 gredit during the 4 week.

This season it's quite bad. If you lose, you can't gain chevron and progress, even if you perform greatly.

Set back the old method and I would enjoy it much more.

Edited by Dava_117, 22 September 2017 - 06:21 AM.

kiolvi #4 Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51169 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

As bad as the first season was, second is worse. For me that is. I suspect that is because there are fewer players and they are all better than me. I realize that this is supposed to be skill based game mode, but for me, last night was enough. Momentary lapse in concentration and in one our I dropped from 2 chevrons away rank 4 for to 1 chevron away rank 1. Bad streak with teams and the fact that I am Joe Average who seldom carries the team and do have very bad games from to time to time and four days of work down to drain. And I say work, because that how ranked battles feels for me. 

I understand that not everybody can be in league 1, 2 or even in 3, but if rank 3 is all I achieve after 4 days, why bother? I have no life my self and play this game hours per day, but if average players like me don't play ranked in the future, I would think better players would not enjoy this game mode either because the lack of even a few easy targets...

Edited by kiolvi, 22 September 2017 - 07:05 AM.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #5 Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
There was just a "looser and loser" topic on forums and u still make that spelling mistake..
Ok but srsly dude dont focus on ranks. And if u lose credits it is 100% ur fault.. i absolutely refuse to load gold in ranked battles cuz whats the point? Those extra 50k per game ammo wont get me to rank 5 anyways, so why spam it? Just grind exp, crew training, and troll teammate artys by "accident. "
And prem consumables is a must? Really? No... i havent used even one prem consumable except for autofire ext in my whole life.. u dont need it to be competitive.. u losing credits is 100% ur own fault

Spurtung #6 Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63653 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
IMO, chevrons should have a 5-5-5 distribution in both teams. Best 5 get one, middle 5 don't lose one, and bottom 5 lose it. That way, you'd leave the wins for the extra credits and XP (and that mission of 10 wins a day), and the WR could be used to solve tied up players in the ranking. This way, I think, everyone would try their best.

A__L__P__H__A #7 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 63127 battles
  • [OFAH] OFAH

Ranked battle sucks !!!!
Don't waste your time !

Wargaming sucks!!!

Hedgehog1963 #8 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51279 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

"I lost but I want to be treated as though I won."

Even I thought the "chevrons for losers" idea was bad.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgagahauba, on 22 September 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Ranked battle sucks !!!!
Don't waste your time !

Wargaming sucks!!!

Took you 54329 battles to figure that out?

All_up_in_ur_grille #10 Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33193 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

For the first season of Ranked I found you needed to be playing the full hours available early in the week simply to rank up and escape the baddies that will glady give up most of their HP in the opening minute or so.

Forgetting this realisation, I made the mistake of playing my first few games of Ranked this season midweek, and it was tear your hair out frustrating. For example, South West spawn on Serene Coast, during countdown I ask fellow heavies not to take the shortcut to peninsula - even pinging the preferable long route - as they'll be spotted and wrecked early. No-one listens (or tells me to STFU as they know this already) and we've lost two heavies within 90 seconds and have a Maus left on 500hp with little to no damage dealt in return, effectively game over.

The improved gun rammer I got from Season 1 sits in my garage as I cant decide what to put it on, and I doubt i'll be playing ranked again other than for some mediocre bonds rewards for the least effort.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users