silver in tier 10

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

tankphizz #1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15879 battles
  • [PINK-] PINK-

As an average player, it is far too hard to earn silver at tier ten. Today I did almost 3,000 damage, killed 3 tanks, used no gold ammunition and earned minus 5,000 silver. Our team lost, but W O T really needs to make it easier to earn silver at tier 10. Its enough to make me give up.

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7274 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

:facepalm:

Or you could realise that no-one would be playing the middle tiers if you didn't lose credits in the top tiers.

keyres #3 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35232 battles
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 September 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Or you could realise that no-one would be playing the middle tiers if you didn't lose credits in the top tiers.

I would still play mid and low tiers, as TX is a freaking cesspit.

Homer_J #4 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttankphizz, on 23 September 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

As an average player, it is far too hard to earn silver at tier ten. 

You are in luck, in fact you could say you just hit the jackpot!

K_A #5 Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 25 September 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

You are in luck, in fact you could say you just hit the jackpot!

Wow, Fort Knox just got a whole new name I see ;)

Homer_J #6 Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostK_A, on 25 September 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

Wow, Fort Knox just got a whole new name I see ;)

Nah, Jackpot doesn't include the extra win rate.

K_A #7 Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 25 September 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Nah, Jackpot doesn't include the extra win rate.

Poor deal then.. But what if you buy two of em?

Homer_J #8 Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostK_A, on 26 September 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

Poor deal then.. But what if you buy two of em?

You get twice as much nothing (plus twice as much silver and gold)

PowJay #9 Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34589 battles

If you lose, you have almost ZERO chance of making credits at tier X. You have to be very good to consistently make a profit at tier X. You are not good at tier X.

The reasons for making it this way are sound. You can....

1. Play mid tiers where it is far easier to make credits.

2. Buy a Premium account.

3. Buy one or more Premium tanks to make credits.

1 benefits all players and WG- who actually manage to retain a player base. 2 and 3 benefit WG.

tankphizz #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15879 battles
  • [PINK-] PINK-

If you are a below average player or an average player like myself who is trying to get new tanks, there is not enough silver. I have a premium. I don't want to spend hours on premium tanks just to 'earn' silver.

Its no good saying you have to be a better player and do more damage because players alike me feel like giving up. There will always be less good than average players. Good players have tens of millions of silver.

When the number of players falls, every one else will have less to play against.

Maybe silver should be rewarded against exp. After the new update, again silver is harder to get. I am now looking at a new game to take up. Just look at my account on how much I have spent in the last year. I am a much better customer than most good player at how I have spent. WG is not looking after the customers that pay in the most. Why not make buying silver cheaper? 

You really need to look at this if you do not want to lose people like me......

Philip

Jigabachi #11 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You aren't an average player. You are a below average player. And that is one major reason why you get less silver than other players.

If you want to leave the game because you can't rush up the tiers or become a silver millonaire by playing badly... so be it. Feel free to leave.

What you suggest there is is a kick in the nuts for every normal player. Instead of improving your gameplay and economy in the game, you are demanding the game to get dumbed down in favor of bad players. You demand the game to get changed in order to suit your needs, just because you are a paying player.

That's stupid.

Edited by Jigabachi, 28 January 2018 - 09:23 PM.

tankphizz #12 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15879 battles
  • [PINK-] PINK-

Okay my WN rating is 886 for the last 10,000 games, about 40th percentile, lower than average.

Are you not trained in customer service? Nothing like a good insult for your customers.

Do you not realise that the number of new players is dropping?

So when new and not so good players contact with an issue the reply is, get better or just leave.

I gather that its now to harder to compete because the standard is higher as there are less new players.

I wonder how much the number of players need to fall before WG realises that there is a problem and that new and less good players need some sort of help to  get more silver not unlike the experience system that less good players can still get exp when the team wins. Or maybe it should only be a game for the best players and watch the numbers of customers drop off...............

Jigabachi #13 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttankphizz, on 29 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Are you not trained in customer service? Nothing like a good insult for your customers.

This isn't the customer support. This is the player forum, so we aren't forced to smear honey in your face and thus can tell you the simple truth.

Block Quote

The number of players isn't dropping because the players can't rush up the tiers like there was no tomorrow. Besides that, there are still tons of players who successfully did exactly that, playing a tX tank after 5k matches - and, as a consequence, sucking horribly in those tanks.

Block Quote

So when new and not so good players contact with an issue the reply is, get better or just leave.

Given that the state of the playerbase and the masses of bad players is one of the top 3 problems that plague the game, I'd be perfectly able to live with that.

tankphizz #14 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15879 battles
  • [PINK-] PINK-

With that sort of attitude expect the number of players to fall off.

If you are not interested in helping out new and less good players that good luck in a year's time....

What people like you should do  is have a separate server for players like you so you who are better and can play on your own, but hey that would not work because quickly there would not be enough players on your server and you would have to wait ages to play a game.

Jigabachi #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttankphizz, on 30 January 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

If you are not interested in helping out new and less good players that good luck in a year's time....

You help new players by telling them how to play, not by enabling them to make money for playing badly or rushing up the tiers.

Block Quote

Players will stop playing because of the broken gamebalance and all the other problems, not because of what you claim. 

UrQuan #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19206 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Also note, TX isn't the end of all things. find fun midtier tanks you enjoy player & the credits will come. I still play various tiers, simply because it's fun & the midtiers get the money rolling. Also, when going for premium tanks, don't go for 'the best' or 'most credit earnings' go for the ones that have features you enjoy, so you don't mind playing them a ton & earn credits along the way.

What also helps is if you enjoy a particular tank, read up/check on how you play it best. That way your credit gains will also improve, it's how I turned my KV-4 into a creditmaker at T8. I really enjoyed the tank, but ran at a loss first, then I rea dup on how i could play it better (tanking shots, dishing out damage) and turned it into a creditmaker. It isn't the best at it, but because I really enjoyed the tank & learned how to play it better, I could keep playing it & making credits due to the quantity of games.

TX credit gains is not something that will happen anytime soon, mainly to keep the game stable, playing lower tiers to fund higher tiers & to fund new purchases keeps the game well populated at all tiers.

tankphizz #17 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15879 battles
  • [PINK-] PINK-
Thanks for the good advice, but what you are not good at listening to is how to help new players and less good players to keep them in the game.

Homer_J #18 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttankphizz, on 29 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Posttankphizz, on 30 January 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

11k battles in just over a year.  You aren't going anywhere.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttankphizz, on 01 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Thanks for the good advice, but what you are not good at listening to is how to help new players and less good players to keep them in the game.

You shouldn't speak for other players. You just want easy cash, that's not what others want, let alone need.

K_A #20 Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttankphizz, on 29 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

So when new and not so good players contact with an issue the reply is, get better or just leave.

How are we supposed to do customer service? This is a public forum for all players, we're here to discuss a game we all at least somewhat like, and to try and troll each others as much as the red capes will allow from us :child:

Also WoT has had a rather steady 100-150 thousand new players registering each month on the EU server for the past 4 years straight with small spikes up once or twice a year, so the claim that "the number of new players is dropping" just isn't true. 

When new and not so good players contact with an issue and ask "how does this work and what should I do?", reply is "this is how you can solve your problem."

When new and not so good players contact with an issue and say "I want you to change the game so I get easier stuff", THEN the reply is "git gud or go home", we are seriously getting tired of people whining and complaining about stuff that everyone else is fine with.

Edited by K_A, 02 February 2018 - 10:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users