Arty

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

K24_1 #1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21011 battles

What do fellow arty players deem as the best tank for the job....across all levels

K24_1 #2 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21011 battles

As a follow up to the question, I have bought and sold many arties but have only been happy with one ....the others I have got rid of....that is the reason for my enquiry....thank you...

RandomBlank #3 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10346 battles

So far, in my experience, G.W.Panther. All'round stats pretty good, including mobility, traverse, reload, accuracy and damage. Too bad it's Tier 7, so it's not good for CW/Stronghold (only tiers 6,8,10).

Other than that, Lorraine with good mobility and decent rate of fire. Remember to use that mobility to get better angles as team wins flanks; it's mediocre as arty but ability to relocate quickly where enemy doesn't expect you is your ace card. (and never hesitate to help capping, or being "that other tank" going TD to help get the last hunkered down enemy out.

G.W.Tiger is a lot of fun once you get over the quirks like lousy mobility, minimal traverse and profile of a rather big building. The deadly accuracy allows to play some incredible trick shots, like shooting the enemy through windows.

If you're in for fun, and not just stats and victories, get FV304. It's totally LOL tank. You need to get up close and personal, you shoot nearly vertically (meaning long flight time but can hit behind most obstacles), reload is some 10 seconds and it's so fast you'll often drive ahead of your LTs. Too bad the alpha is so low all you can do is to annoy the enemy; getting a kill in it takes some extreme luck, and your team lacking the raw DPM and range of an "adult" arty will likely lose. But it's extremely fun to play.

Clearways #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40053 battles

This really belongs in the arty section.

Different tanks suit different people. For me, my all time fave was the Lorraine 155 51, the tier 8 french arty. more accurate then most, not high damage, but a rate of fire that makes you feel more engaged, and speed. Lots and lots of speed. Makes it so easy to relocate, at the end of the game you can avoid being killed and get shots in from unexpected angles.

Haven't played high tier arty since the pen nerf as they seem rather irrelevant now.

Captain_Truffletrees #5 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7057 battles

View PostRandomBlank, on 28 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

If you're in for fun, and not just stats and victories, get FV304. It's totally LOL tank. You need to get up close and personal, you shoot nearly vertically (meaning long flight time but can hit behind most obstacles), reload is some 10 seconds and it's so fast you'll often drive ahead of your LTs. Too bad the alpha is so low all you can do is to annoy the enemy; getting a kill in it takes some extreme luck, and your team lacking the raw DPM and range of an "adult" arty will likely lose. But it's extremely fun to play.

Aaargh. The FV304 is really frustrating. The mobility is incredible and the speed is useful, but the contrast to the Bishop is ridiculous. Take the two games this morning. I managed 1,000 hits points and 5 kills with the Bishop and we won the battle (I like to think the Bishop often turns battles; we were 2-5 down at one point). The FV304, often fighting tiers vii and viii managed only 400 hits points and two kills. Game lost. Current ratio with the Bishop is over 60% wins, whereas I can barely scrape 40% with the FV. Really annoying that it so often gets matched among tanks it can barely scratch.

RandomBlank #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10346 battles

View PostCaptain_Truffletrees, on 01 October 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Aaargh. The FV304 is really frustrating. The mobility is incredible and the speed is useful, but the contrast to the Bishop is ridiculous. Take the two games this morning. I managed 1,000 hits points and 5 kills with the Bishop and we won the battle (I like to think the Bishop often turns battles; we were 2-5 down at one point). The FV304, often fighting tiers vii and viii managed only 400 hits points and two kills. Game lost. Current ratio with the Bishop is over 60% wins, whereas I can barely scrape 40% with the FV. Really annoying that it so often gets matched among tanks it can barely scratch.

Oh, that's because you have the wrong attitude! Try to play FV304 like an adult arty. Nope. Think of it like your team is one player short, you're in a spectator mode and play a plinking game that has no actual impact on the general gameplay. FV304 has so ridiculously underpowered gun it really has no impact on the teamplay. Don't try to carry, don't worry about losing, don't get mad enemies shrug you off, don't treat this like normal WOT matches. It's like sealclubbing for fun in Tier 2 except you're not making any kills.

40% WR on FV is slightly sub-par. If you relax and stop caring, it will quickly climb to 45% (bot/AFK average) which is perfectly normal for FV304.

seriously, that arty should be Tier 3. Then it would be properly matched with the enemies. Regardless, as it is, it's fun. Completely useless, but fun.

Captain_Truffletrees #7 Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7057 battles

View PostRandomBlank, on 02 October 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Oh, that's because you have the wrong attitude! Try to play FV304 like an adult arty. Nope. Think of it like your team is one player short, you're in a spectator mode and play a plinking game that has no actual impact on the general gameplay. FV304 has so ridiculously underpowered gun it really has no impact on the teamplay. Don't try to carry, don't worry about losing, don't get mad enemies shrug you off, don't treat this like normal WOT matches. It's like sealclubbing for fun in Tier 2 except you're not making any kills.

40% WR on FV is slightly sub-par. If you relax and stop caring, it will quickly climb to 45% (bot/AFK average) which is perfectly normal for FV304.

seriously, that arty should be Tier 3. Then it would be properly matched with the enemies. Regardless, as it is, it's fun. Completely useless, but fun.

Well I have taken your sage advice and every now and then play the FV for laughs... and you're right. In many ways, though, the experience has only convinced me that the Bishop is the best all round SPG. It isn't manoeverable, and the range is so short you have to put yourself out there, but once there it really packs a punch because of the reload time. 11 secs is long but not the eternity of bigger SPGs suffer. It also has enough armor so that I have come out on top of several close quarter battles when a complacent light tank underestimates the arty self-defence ability. That's always satisfying.

kirov77 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27885 battles
  • [L_BG] L_BG
I'm sorry about this, but the game moderators are big idiots or big incompetents!They can take peoples money to cheat! Every day you are prooving this with your actions and inactions.Can you explain to me why 90% of my battles with tanks different than light are with two tiers bigger machines? Three times in row from close range I cant get even one point from HP of light tank, shooting him from the side!All shots were in the target. The light tank armour is 40/20/20! My penetration is 170!!!The light tank reloads 4 times faster than me, is it just the game or some hack decided that he was better? Why in every second battle I've got amo damages? I repair it and the next shot is doing the same damage? This is constantly repeated with different tanks! Why when I got on fire and try to extinguish it, it doesn't happen? Why the heavies do not ricoshet even against two tier lower machines? What is so heavy on tank who is sitting duck for everyone? Why the most penetrating TD in one battle did not penetrate or making any damage, even if he shoots and hits? Why with one and the same tank from ten shots, nine did penetrate with injuries, and in the next battle for the same shots it is just one penetration? Is there any normal logic? The game is totaly wrong! Not to mention the arties! For arty to shoot at someone, to hit and do no damages? Unique game achievement! The game chooses players equaly! Nothing of the sort!!!
And one last thing, why do you keep make usual tanks weaker and weaker, so to sell premium? Dont you thinq that this way you will loose your long time players?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users