punishments ideas changes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ThatWasCalculated #1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12870 battles

Hi Guys,

I thought I would leave some feedback for the game developers in hope that they might read this and consider this change.

The idea is to punish people who team kill or drown themselves in a way that would greatly discourage this behavior in the future and hopefully make it simply illogical for players to tk/drown themselves during battles.

My idea is to simply distribute all the experience earned by those players to their team mates by percentage based on how much each team mate has contributed. This means if a team mate has contributed more in the battle, he/she would recieve a larger chunk of the experienced earned by the team killer/downer throughout the battle. This experience distribution should be carried on for a series of maybe 5-10 games based on how many times the player repeats this behavior. 

Please let me know what your thoughts are? Are you in favor, or are you not? If not, why not?

Thanks,

Omar

Spurtung #2 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60187 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
:popcorn:

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Downers.......yeah....I hate those negative guys at the start of battle. Knock it off with the negative waves!:P

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36168 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOmar_Khalil, on 23 September 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

I thought I would leave some feedback for the game developers in hope that they might read this and consider this change.

The idea is to punish people who team kill or drown themselves in a way that would greatly discourage this behavior in the future and hopefully make it simply illogical for players to tk/drown themselves during battles.

My idea is to simply distribute all the experience earned by those players to their team mates by percentage based on how much each team mate has contributed. This means if a team mate has contributed more in the battle, he/she would recieve a larger chunk of the experienced earned by the team killer/downer throughout the battle. This experience distribution should be carried on for a series of maybe 5-10 games based on how many times the player repeats this behavior.

Please let me know what your thoughts are? Are you in favor, or are you not? If not, why not?

Thanks,

Omar

The major problem with drowners/suiciders is that they do it right at the start of the game before they have a chance to accrue any meaningful XP

Jigabachi #5 Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Would get abused.
No fancy xp bonus needed, just introduce harder punishments - and a teamdamage stat.

ThatWasCalculated #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12870 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 September 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

The major problem with drowners/suiciders is that they do it right at the start of the game before they have a chance to accrue any meaningful XP

Actually throughout my experience, I find that this is not true. This is the meme that everyone thinks of when they think about team killers or people who suicide drown. But actually most team killers are competitive people who actually care about their stats. Usually a dispute arises when two competitive players both want to use the same position, or one player thinks that the other player is blocking him. So they tk their team mate. People who drown :cough: arta :cough: usually do it at the end of the game after they have been shooting the enemy team for the whole battle essentially taking the damage/experience they want and denying the enemy team any damage/experience in return.

As for those hard core team killers who team kill at the start of the battle without cause, those guys would find it pretty difficult to progress or earn any credits/experience making it again not fun to carry on with their behavior. Imagine this, they team kill at the start of the battle, they lose credits for 10 straight games with no income at all. If that doesn't eat into their reserves making what they did very costly, then I don't know what will.

View PostJigabachi, on 23 September 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Would get abused.
No fancy xp bonus needed, just introduce harder punishments - and a teamdamage stat.

What was your idea of hard punishments? I mean, banning those players is simply not feasible..

I think no xp/credits income for 5-10 games in a row is a brutal punishment. 

Sirebellus #7 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17500 battles

View PostOmar_Khalil, on 24 September 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

People who drown :cough: arta :cough: usually do it at the end of the game after they have been shooting the enemy team for the whole battle essentially taking the damage/experience they want and denying the enemy team any damage/experience in return.

Just watched a VK100.01P drown himself 10mins 30secs into the game cos he was losing 13-8 - was a T9 game, he'd done 1210 damage and still had over 80% of his HP left

ThatWasCalculated #8 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12870 battles
I realise that there is a potential downfall here. That is, if players are not going to receive any xp for 5-10 games in a row, then they might aswell afk 10 games thus hurting 10 other teams. 2 potential solutions, 1. if they go afk for any of the coming 10 battles then they get a ban for a day or whatever. 2. the other solution could just be distribute the experience on the battle that they commit the act in, and simply deny them credits (not xp) for the punishment period. 

View PostSirebellus, on 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Just watched a VK100.01P drown himself 10mins 30secs into the game cos he was losing 13-8 - was a T9 game, he'd done 1210 damage and still had over 80% of his HP left

The arty thing was a joke mainly, but you can't deny that most players who drown at the end are arty players! Obviously those players also exists (its not just an arty problem). This is why we need a meaningful way to punish those people. 

Blubba #9 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51645 battles

Why not let them just go back to garage?

They could rush the enemy. Park in their tank in an obvious spot and go watch TV/put kettle on or something but this takes time and is not instant and I think that's what they are after. They just want next battle that they think is worth their time.

I don't think they care about their XP. They sure don't care about credits. It costs more to suicide. Short of banning them, why not let them just go back to garage?

It gives the enemy the xp and credits for the kill.

Thinking about it, I guess the real issue is without any punishment at all, suiciders could just sign up for the battle and then return to garage/suicide and the rest of their team suffers.

Tough call. It really has to be policed or practically ignored (as it is now).

Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36168 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOmar_Khalil, on 24 September 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Actually throughout my experience, I find that this is not true. This is the meme that everyone thinks of when they think about team killers or people who suicide drown. But actually most team killers are competitive people who actually care about their stats. Usually a dispute arises when two competitive players both want to use the same position, or one player thinks that the other player is blocking him. So they tk their team mate. People who drown :cough: arta :cough: usually do it at the end of the game after they have been shooting the enemy team for the whole battle essentially taking the damage/experience they want and denying the enemy team any damage/experience in return.

As for those hard core team killers who team kill at the start of the battle without cause, those guys would find it pretty difficult to progress or earn any credits/experience making it again not fun to carry on with their behavior. Imagine this, they team kill at the start of the battle, they lose credits for 10 straight games with no income at all. If that doesn't eat into their reserves making what they did very costly, then I don't know what will.

That's odd, because in my experience, the majority of suicides occur within 30 seconds of the game starting - the 'xvm says I will lose so there is no point in trying' thing.

ThatWasCalculated #11 Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12870 battles

That's probably more the case in lower tiers then.. I know what you're talking about, people complaining at the start of the battle saying "lost" or "noob team" etc etc. But the majority of them still don't suicide. 

Block Quote

They just want next battle that they think is worth their time.

That's the whole point. By team killing or drowning yourself, the punishment means that the next 10 battles are also not wroth their time. Hence, those players pull there socks up and play in that map that they don't like. Or simply waste another hour of their time (roughly 10 games) gaining absolutely nothing. No credits, no XP. 

Block Quote

It costs more to suicide

and it will cost even way more when you don't recieve any credit income for the next 10 games or so (so you will be resupplying ammo and repairing your tank all at a loss). Remember that most players aren't playing with premium accounts and credits are not some weak currency in this game. 

Edited by Omar_Khalil, 24 September 2017 - 06:44 PM.

tumppi776 #12 Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40866 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostOmar_Khalil, on 24 September 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

What was your idea of hard punishments? I mean, banning those players is simply not feasible..

I think no xp/credits income for 5-10 games in a row is a brutal punishment. 

How is banning not feasible? It grows longer every time one gets banned.

Maybe you want all team killers banned even b4 they teamkill?

_Hakkapeliitta_ #13 Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42198 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
downers...why u hate downsyndrom people??

FAME_skill4ltu #14 Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29560 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
u should get an award for killing bots below 45% wr

Edited by FAME_skill4ltu, 25 September 2017 - 02:33 PM.

dennez #15 Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16745 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So instead of getting blue and/or banned they will receive less XP?

I'm sure the average teamkiller will be devastated when he realises he only gets 137 XP instead of 360 for his latest sh1tkicker game. Bet they'll think twice before shewting another green tank after that!

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36168 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFAME_skill4ltu, on 25 September 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

u should get an award for killing bots below 45% wr

They already do - it's called 'better stats'

A great many players fail to recognise that, without bots/tomatoes/scrubs like myself, there would be far less purple unicorns.

Ying/Yang - one cannot exist without the other.

ThatWasCalculated #17 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12870 battles

View Postdennez, on 25 September 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

So instead of getting blue and/or banned they will receive less XP?

I'm sure the average teamkiller will be devastated when he realises he only gets 137 XP instead of 360 for his latest sh1tkicker game. Bet they'll think twice before shewting another green tank after that!

no one said anything about the blue/ban punishments being removed.. Those should still stay in place. What we are talking about, is that one game where you tk someone on your team and you go blue. When you go blue, then you should lose all your xp and lose your xp/credits for another 10 games!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users