Jump to content


Clan Fun night: suggestions for events

games fun teambuilding clan epic foolingaround

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BloodyTourist #1 Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 54009 battles
  • 42
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013

For my clan I am organizing a special event soon. 

 

What I am looking for is a couple of games to play with our clan members. there should be at least about 40 on.

 

What I am familiar with is:

  • wacky races with Pz. 1C's on ie. malinovka,  (two teams, clock -and counter clockwise, never stop moving)
  • mini tourmaments like 3 vs 3,
  • arty jousting ( could be hard with different vehicles )
  • Dragonslaying ( kill a Maus with small tanks )
  • Bumpercars with pz.1 C's ( no firing )

 

I really want to have a couple of more options and 'be be very happy if any of you guys have good experiences with clan nights. 

 

I'm looking forward to your replies

 


Edited by Frantique, 24 September 2017 - 02:56 PM.


Sessine #2 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27103 battles
  • 1,035
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

For racing you can also use the Windstorm GP template as MM clan do it. I think it was tier 3 max, tier 6 max, tier 10 max. 

 

And  I also played "Superderp" with them. Everyone buys a Medium 1 + 50% crew (so its free as long as you have a free garage spot) and then put the derpgun on it with HE. In game press V so the interface disappears. The first 30 seconds are to find a place to hide and after that it is a free for all until one remains (there are no teams). Not sure if the gun is still available. 

 

(At the time i ran with the mod blocking friendly fire which i promptly forgot after i pressed V. In game 1 i could not fire at tanks..weird bug i thought. But offcourse all my targets were teammates. So in game 2 i tested the gun in the hiding phase and oneshot one of the guys....sorry Duncan (IIRC) ). 

 

Long ago the historical battle group played batles with tanks in historical configuration and without the interface/map. You can adapt this to teambattles with whatever tanks you have available. 

If you liked the old tank company battles & rules you can hold those in the training room or make up variants or run your own brand of nation vs nation battles. 

One idea you can forget is "Only ramming" match in TOGs...it will time out. This been has been tested extensively by the dingers. :)



Unkel_Dolan #3 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27034 battles
  • 2,694
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010
battle royale

Headless_Rooster #4 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10546 battles
  • 546
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

Lakeville bargefest: You can only use the center road, No Firing, you can only win by ramming/drowning/capping

 

Herding cats:  - e.g. on steppes, 2 x cromwells rest PZIC/sub tier 5 lights, no capping, cromwells have to kill by ramming only. 



BloodyTourist #5 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 54009 battles
  • 42
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013

View Postbraintuma, on 24 September 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

battle royale

 

Could you elaborate?

BloodyTourist #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 54009 battles
  • 42
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013

View PostSessine, on 24 September 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

For racing you can also use the Windstorm GP template as MM clan do it. I think it was tier 3 max, tier 6 max, tier 10 max. 

 

And  I also played "Superderp" with them. Everyone buys a Medium 1 + 50% crew (so its free as long as you have a free garage spot) and then put the derpgun on it with HE. In game press V so the interface disappears. The first 30 seconds are to find a place to hide and after that it is a free for all until one remains (there are no teams). Not sure if the gun is still available. 

 

(At the time i ran with the mod blocking friendly fire which i promptly forgot after i pressed V. In game 1 i could not fire at tanks..weird bug i thought. But offcourse all my targets were teammates. So in game 2 i tested the gun in the hiding phase and oneshot one of the guys....sorry Duncan (IIRC) ). 

 

Long ago the historical battle group played batles with tanks in historical configuration and without the interface/map. You can adapt this to teambattles with whatever tanks you have available. 

If you liked the old tank company battles & rules you can hold those in the training room or make up variants or run your own brand of nation vs nation battles. 

One idea you can forget is "Only ramming" match in TOGs...it will time out. This been has been tested extensively by the dingers. :)

 

Thanks for the input. Not sure how to check if everyone has their visuals disabled ( there will be some rewards involved)

 

What is the windstorm template like? I am curious.



BloodyTourist #7 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 54009 battles
  • 42
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Lakeville bargefest: You can only use the center road, No Firing, you can only win by ramming/drowning/capping

 

Herding cats:  - e.g. on steppes, 2 x cromwells rest PZIC/sub tier 5 lights, no capping, cromwells have to kill by ramming only. 

 

Sounds epic :D

 

thanks!



Unkel_Dolan #8 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27034 battles
  • 2,694
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010

View PostFrantique, on 24 September 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

Could you elaborate?

 

decide on a tier, fill a training room with 30 people, and last man standing wins

Sessine #9 Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27103 battles
  • 1,035
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostFrantique, on 24 September 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

Thanks for the input. Not sure how to check if everyone has their visuals disabled ( there will be some rewards involved)

 

What is the windstorm template like? I am curious.

 

​I am not sure you can actually check that. I think replays start at some default settings so they cannot be used for that and you also can't monitor what mods people run on the side. Maybe just use those options as fun mini games for honours.

 

Some windstorm GP vids:

 

 







Also tagged with games, fun, teambuilding, clan, epic, foolingaround

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users