• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

KNUSTansigt #1 Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11486 battles
  • [ORNE] ORNE

Hi

With this weeks XP Fever running and WG boasting lots of additional XP for the first win of the day i just could'nt take it anymore. I have used my fair share of money on this game, but i bet there are players out there who spend way more. Funny thing is, that when WG switched to their new money making tactic (see below) I more or less stopped paying for playing this game.:

1. Give XP Give more XP 3XP, 5XP (NEVER FEED THE MOB WITH CREDITS)
  2. Reduce credit income (Keep em hungry and open their wallets)
  3. Give more XP Boosts creamed with an XP side-dish. (Let them research a lot of tanks and get hungry for credits ... open their wallets)
  4. Implement new matchmaker which does not favor the tier 8 premium tanks which we bought to earn more credits in the first place. Forcing us to use premium ammo more often resulting in low credit income.
  5. Implement a new game mode (Grand Battles) only for Tier 10, which again is a challenge if you want to performe an average >0 credit income 

I enjoy playing grand battles and has even started to enjoy plaing ranked. But if you do NOT run a premium account, then keeping you on the plus side regarding credits is hard.

I'm not in favor of not having to grind towards that next tank, because earning your next tank is part of the motivation and gameplay. But I fear that WOT, as of late, has started to become for the premium account players only. I know that I will always have the option to go back to my tier 8 premium tank and grind for some credits. But matchmaker has made tier 8 games a pain in the butt when you are low tier 50% of the time.

Title says Pay money or get stuck meaning: If you are not running a premium account you will be forced to play so many low tier games each day before you can earn your next tier 10. Or you could just do what i do atm. Play with the tier 10's you have and so much enjoy (grand battles and ranked), and accept that you might never again get another tier 10 to you collection. Not until the player base is gone anyways.

That said. I still love WOT which I have been playing for +6 years. But why does love have to be so damn complicated :)

Dundato #2 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26270 battles
Game in a nutshell bud. I dont spend anymore also. Never ever fire gold. If i cant pen then tough shite. I spend my money on other games these days and subscribe to 4 or 5 as they reward you for it and make sure you have plenty of content to justify the cost.

Isharial #3 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19637 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

wow a free to play game that requires membership to play the majority of... never seen that before :sceptic:

this is really how wot should have been from the start.. I say that because the majority of MMO's now will charge you for accessing the majority of it, unlike wot which does let you play everything

WG does not do that, and therefore to keep to the top tiers you must pay a bit, or play lower tiers, its a form of membership after all

not running a premium account makes it harder to do, but its not impossible (or even hard) T5 tanks make a fair amount of credits and is easily enough to gather up for T10 if you so desire

I don't see however what this thread achieves? the system wot has is the best one for the job at hand, if it was limited to say, T4+ as being behind a pay wall, or membership as the majority of MMO's go, the higher tiers would fall apart

Aikl #4 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25275 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

This topic will surely be locked, buried, and the key thrown away - you've cracked the very code of a free-to-play game not allowing you to play it without limits!

(To some extent you are correct; it's kind of obvious that the credit grind is the new meta in a sense. Still, don't expect everything to be free. I see you have a couple of T8 premiums, and even a rather good one (Löwe). Should be enough to grind credits if you so wished. Besides, at 10,5k battles you seem to have gotten good value out of your investment into premium tanks. 10,5k battles... that's probably over a thousand hours played. Consider that most AAA games give you far less than fifty hours for more than the price of a T8 premium - and a premium account costs around a euro a day.)

Tidal_Force #5 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Correct analysis, but TBH it was clear where they are going for last year and a half, if not more.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65957 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKNUSTansigt, on 24 September 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

1. Implement a new game mode (Grand Battles) only for Tier 10, which again is a challenge if you want to performe an average >0 credit income 

You made it sound like tier X was a good way to make a profit before. To be fair, you can turn it off, as no one forces you to play it. But it's coming to lower tiers later. So then you can lose credits on tier 6 to.

Quintuss #7 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26044 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

WG basically needs to go with "make people spent more in randoms" given how all their "extras" turn out:

1. Rampage died within weeks

2. Ranked is only in the second season and only a tiny fragment of those who tried session 1 even bother now. Given the "massive" payout people will get this session i don't think the mode will be more than a side note in 2-3 months.

3. Grand battles aren't exactly being praised (and are basically random ones too).

4. Personal Missions are too old to motivate much more. Maybe after orders help people a bit effort (aka gold spent) will come in for WG, but they need a new set soon.

Homer_J #8 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I enjoy playing grand battles and has even started to enjoy plaing ranked. But if you do NOT run a premium account, then keeping you on the plus side regarding credits is hard.

Life is hard.

You have a choice, be a WG slave and play tier 5 or 6 to gain credits, or get a job so you can afford premium.

Do you really expect WG to make it easier to play for free?

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22460 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
How do you get 'stuck' in a game where even bots can get to T10?:trollface:

Spurtung #10 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 62771 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostKNUSTansigt, on 24 September 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Title says Pay money or get stuck meaning: If you are not running a premium account you will be forced to play so many low tier games each day before you can earn your next tier 10. Or you could just do what i do atm. Play with the tier 10's you have and so much enjoy (grand battles and ranked), and accept that you might never again get another tier 10 to you collection. Not until the player base is gone anyways.

Yeah, the game should be 100% free and the people working in it should be paid with pats on the back.

Are you for real? If you want to play the whole content you either get premium or you play low tiers to slowly grow a piggy bank, and that's exactly how it should be.

There is no player base without a game, not the other way round. Do you understand that concept?

Edited by Spurtung, 24 September 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19058 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't find grand battle as a credit sink. It's the opposit. More enemy means more potential damage, so income. And if you take into account that repair cost are the same, even a loss can potentially give you a positive income.

Cabo_ose #12 Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25525 battles
  • [TL-RO] TL-RO

Hi

With this weeks XP Fever running and WG boasting lots of additional XP for the first win of the day i just could'nt take it anymore. I have used my fair share of money on this game, but i bet there are players out there who spend way more. Funny thing is, that when WG switched to their new money making tactic (see below) I more or less stopped paying for playing this game.:

1. Give XP Give more XP 3XP, 5XP (NEVER FEED THE MOB WITH CREDITS)
  2. Reduce credit income (Keep em hungry and open their wallets)
  3. Give more XP Boosts creamed with an XP side-dish. (Let them research a lot of tanks and get hungry for credits ... open their wallets)
  4. Implement new matchmaker which does not favor the tier 8 premium tanks which we bought to earn more credits in the first place. Forcing us to use premium ammo more often resulting in low credit income.
  5. Implement a new game mode (Grand Battles) only for Tier 10, which again is a challenge if you want to performe an average >0 credit income 

I'm not in favor of not having to grind towards that next tank, because earning your next tank is part of the motivation and gameplay. But I fear that WOT, as of late, has started to become for the premium account players only. I know that I will always have the option to go back to my tier 8 premium tank and grind for some credits. But matchmaker has made tier 8 games a pain in the butt when you are low tier 50% of the time.

That said. I still love WOT which I have been playing for +6 years. But why does love have to be so damn complicated :)

I have in mind this thing where all tier 10 will be ok-ish, not loosing money not making, just for the sake of this game(because that is the end game, just let me enjoy that WG, let me play tier 10 without your stupid economy, you pay to win game!). And yes they run a model that is affecting us at all levels. They do not do things for players, even if they intend to do that, but they are just ruining this game, and they have a lot of money, and if they do not run on profit, they should just tell us. I am sure that at the moment when they say that they have no profit we will bury them in money. What we need to understand is that this company is from eastern europe, so greed is at her home here.

Also, even if they do not intended to f*u*c*k tier 8, but I do not buy that, they have some good minds at there that can figure this sh** out from the beginning.

But, you/ we community did we complain too much and this game became our face?

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22460 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCabo_ose, on 24 September 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I have in mind this thing where all tier 10 will be ok-ish, not loosing money not making, just for the sake of this game(because that is the end game, just let me enjoy that WG, let me play tier 10 without your stupid economy, you pay to win game!). And yes they run a model that is affecting us at all levels. They do not do things for players, even if they intend to do that, but they are just ruining this game, and they have a lot of money, and if they do not run on profit, they should just tell us. I am sure that at the moment when they say that they have no profit we will bury them in money. What we need to understand is that this company is from eastern europe, so greed is at her home here.

Also, even if they do not intended to f*u*c*k tier 8, but I do not buy that, they have some good minds at there that can figure this sh** out from the beginning.

But, you/ we community did we complain too much and this game became our face?

That must be the greatest load of tosh I've ever read on this forum......and that's saying something!:amazed:

Version43 #14 Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6735 battles
  • [0N] 0N

I am sure i have seen worse but bonus points for creative use of the "loose" meme.

KNUSTansigt #15 Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11486 battles
  • [ORNE] ORNE

Never said the game should be for free. I fully support paying them for an excellent game which i have a hard time NOT playing here and there. My frustrations is more or less, when is enough enough regarding charging for the same old same old.? I mean. I dont need more tanks from a far beyond galaxy which never even made it as a prototype. This is NOT what i want to pay them for. I want more content in the shape of NEW MAPS. My experience is that they are setting up a bigger paywall as the number of player decrease. Those left are those who really love WOT including me and have a hard time not playing it. 

No matter what i know that they are to get paid for a masterpiece of a game. I just feel that the payment wall has been build even higher during the last year. 

Cabo_ose #16 Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25525 battles
  • [TL-RO] TL-RO

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

That must be the greatest load of tosh I've ever read on this forum......and that's saying something!:amazed:

We are not british here so tell me more about your tosh.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22460 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCabo_ose, on 24 September 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

We are not british here so tell me more about your tosh.

Neither am I...but I have a very good vocabulary and you understand too.

Cabo_ose #18 Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25525 battles
  • [TL-RO] TL-RO

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 September 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Neither am I...but I have a very good vocabulary and you understand too.

Sorry, I am very dumb, since tosh. And I do not understand, care to argument? I can't be so franc and say gtfo if you do not come with arguments here on the forum, we are not ingame.

BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22460 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCabo_ose, on 24 September 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Sorry, I am very dumb, since tosh. And I do not understand,

I know.

Cabo_ose #20 Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25525 battles
  • [TL-RO] TL-RO

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 September 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

I know.

U very smart, how about argue if your brainz can handle that, otherwise do not bother me anymore.

PS: this is not ingame chat where you can say whatever you want without arguments, we are on forums, kid.

Edited by Cabo_ose, 24 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Also tagged with credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users