Jump to content


Pointless playing

Premium APCR HEAT Gold

  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Room418 #1 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5903 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    03-05-2016

I am not probably the first, but I am totaly pissed off. For months there is more and more pointless reason to get heavys or TDs, cause everyone is launching premium shells. You just do everything you want, buit players will load premium shells cause these shells are allowed for everyone basicly for free with free in-game currence. This really sucks. Basicly now I am playing with IS-3. Well, last 4 days I am losing really bad with it, cause now around 70% of players are using premium shells. Just like that. Maus,. Mauschen, E4, E3, and a lot of other steal wall tanks are now useless, their armor is useless, you cant even normaly use their abilities, cause than every single or most of the players load premium shells and zeros this steal wall tank like it was nothing.

 

And this is one of the WGs marketing thing - load more premium so others also load premium shells. Like we are basicly pushing each other to spend more in this game. And yeah, this game probalby slowly becomes pay 2 win game?



CoDiGGo #2 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14873 battles
  • 568
  • [MOARR] MOARR
  • Member since:
    05-10-2015

Maus is balanced around premium ammo, so?


Edited by CoDiGGo, 24 September 2017 - 08:42 PM.


Aikl #3 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

While my Maus stats are questionable at best, the armor is certainly not useless. Played through the VK100.01P and Mäuschen during 9.19 - and they are fudging war crimes on tracks, premium ammo or not. The meta of premium ammo reliance and few/no weakspots is a terrible one, but superheavies still have the advantage of huge HP pools and good arnament.

 

The most overperforming tanks are typically superheavies. Defender, Maus line, Type 5... it's kind of obvious. Defender's just a worse IS-3 when you subtract the armor, yet the disparity in winrate is disgusting. http://wot-news.com/.../tankinfo/en/eu



Isharial #4 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,300
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I am not probably the first, but I am totaly pissed off. For months there is more and more pointless reason to get heavys or TDs, cause everyone is launching premium shells. You just do everything you want, buit players will load premium shells cause these shells are allowed for everyone basicly for free with free in-game currence. This really sucks. Basicly now I am playing with IS-3. Well, last 4 days I am losing really bad with it, cause now around 70% of players are using premium shells. Just like that. Maus,. Mauschen, E4, E3, and a lot of other steal wall tanks are now useless, their armor is useless, you cant even normaly use their abilities, cause than every single or most of the players load premium shells and zeros this steal wall tank like it was nothing.

 

And this is one of the WGs marketing thing - load more premium so others also load premium shells. Like we are basicly pushing each other to spend more in this game. And yeah, this game probalby slowly becomes pay 2 win game?

 

their armour is useless? seriously? what are you smoking?

why is it players can manage to block well over 2k with a maus per game? that doesn't sound "useless" to me....

my jumbo can block almost 700 a game, that's almost like having a free Jumbo extra per team taking the shots for me, still doesn't sound "useless" to me


 

if armour is "so useless" why is it:

your IS-3 blocks 990?

your 430 II blocks 872?

your Mod 1 blocks 621?


 

sounds like a serious case of "L2P"


 


 

oh yeah, and your on my blacklist in game so its either your a stupid troll or an idiot, because they're the only people who ever end up on it


 


 



Homer_J #5 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Where's my tiny violin?

 

You know 50% of the pleasure of firing premium is reading whines like this.  It's real shame they took away inter team chat.


Edited by Homer_J, 24 September 2017 - 07:57 PM.


Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20675 battles
  • 10,572
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostAikl, on 24 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

While my Maus stats are questionable at best, the armor is certainly not useless. Played through the VK100.01P and Mäuschen during 9.19 - and they are fudging war crimes on tracks, premium ammo or not. The meta of premium ammo reliance and few/no weakspots is a terrible one, but superheavies still have the advantage of huge HP pools and good arnament.

 

The most overperforming tanks are typically superheavies. Defender, Maus line, Type 5... it's kind of obvious. Defender's just a worse IS-3 when you subtract the armor, yet the disparity in winrate is disgusting. http://wot-news.com/.../tankinfo/en/eu

 

Didn't even need premium ammo on a VK with my T-54 with the 218 pen gun unlike a tomato T-30 who bounced every shot on it....yeah that T30 did zero damage brawling with it getting hit 3 times in return.

Room418 #7 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5903 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    03-05-2016

View PostIsharial, on 24 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

 

their armour is useless? seriously? what are you smoking?

why is it players can manage to block well over 2k with a maus per game? that doesn't sound "useless" to me....

my jumbo can block almost 700 a game, that's almost like having a free Jumbo extra per team taking the shots for me, still doesn't sound "useless" to me


 

if armour is "so useless" why is it:

your IS-3 blocks 990?

your 430 II blocks 872?

your Mod 1 blocks 621?


 

sounds like a serious case of "L2P"


 


 

oh yeah, and your on my blacklist in game so its either your a stupid troll or an idiot, because they're the only people who ever end up on it


 


 

 

Premium shells are available for everyone. T-54 mod 1 is from those times when premium shells werent avaialble for all players. Obj.430II was only usable with its armor, when I got T7s and T8s, cause I understood sidescreep technics. With IS-3 I use reverse sidescreep mostly in citys and cliffs based maps, but when there is open field, than I cant use any of that. Than I go face-to-face battle and in most cases players just load premium shells. When I get face-to-face in citys or cliffs, I get raped mostly by golds. I even dance with IS-3 armor, moving to the left and right to make it harder for others to hit lower plate, but players anyway load premium shells and dancing doesnt give anything

Balc0ra #8 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64429 battles
  • 15,448
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

And you always use AP vs a Maus or Type 5 in your IS-3 or? Or would the game be better if they removed gold ammo, and the super heavies on tier 9/10 could just steam roll over you puny IS-3 all the time? As you can't pen their view ports with AP even. As then I suspect you would make a new topic rather fast about how useless your IS-3 gun is instead.

 

Not like your IS-3 is that well armored either tbh, even as top tier. AS most guns you face can eat past your armor rather well with normal ammo vs your hull. It's part of the old meta anyway, and the new guns added of late have no issues vs your hull armor. With or without gold. Even less with all the derps around.

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 24 September 2017 - 08:35 PM.


Mimos_A #9 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22198 battles
  • 1,847
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

Stop crying and play the game.

 

Sometimes people are sick of your sh*t when you're bouncing everything in your heavy and decide your reign of terror has to end, so sad. Tanks like the Maus and Mauschen can easily deal with it by angling, tanks like the IS3 can easily be penned with standard, so anyone firing premium at you is just being a donkey.

 

For the record, I don't fire many premium rounds, when I do, it's because you're either really, really annoying me or you're a top tier behemoth that stands between me and victory and I really can't pen you otherwise. Usually that means you're higher tier than me and should have dealt with me ages ago.


Edited by Mimos_A, 24 September 2017 - 08:37 PM.


Aikl #10 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

 

Premium shells are available for everyone. T-54 mod 1 is from those times when premium shells werent avaialble for all players. (...)

 

Pretty sure nothing has changed since the introduction of the Mod. 1 in regards to premium ammo availability. Use? Sure. Availability? No. 



Balc0ra #11 Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64429 battles
  • 15,448
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

 

Premium shells are available for everyone. T-54 mod 1 is from those times when premium shells werent avaialble for all players. Obj.430II was only usable with its armor, when I got T7s and T8s, cause I understood sidescreep technics. With IS-3 I use reverse sidescreep mostly in citys and cliffs based maps

 

What? T-54 mod 1 was added years after gold ammo was made available for credits, so no idea what you are on about. As gold ammo has been sold for silver for as long as your account has been active. And when you "sidescreep" in your 430, you use the 70 degree rule vs most lower tier calibers. But even in the open it's not like even that armor is "super" vs tier 7 guns.

 

And most don't use gold ammo because they need more pen. If you get spammed by it in the open in your meds or lights. Then most do it because they need the shell speed. Heck most take HEAT over their AP on long range vs a stationary target. Due to how pen loss works.


Edited by Balc0ra, 24 September 2017 - 08:46 PM.


Room418 #12 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5903 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    03-05-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

 

What? T-54 mod 1 was added years after gold ammo was made available for credits, so no idea what you are on about. As gold ammo has been sold for silver for as long as your account has been active. And when you "sidescreep" in your 430, you use the 70 degree rule vs most lower tier calibers. But even in the open it's not like even that armor is "super" vs tier 7 guns.

 

And most don't use gold ammo because they need more pen. If you get spammed by it in the open in your meds or lights. Then most do it because they need the shell speed. Heck most take HEAT over their AP on long range vs a stationary target. Due to how pen loss works.

 

Amm, no, most of players use premium shells just to click auto-aim option and just click and that is it. :-) 

 

Had again couple of battles - shietass T25 Pilots were using only premium shells - I was dancing and nothing. 

 

Than I play with IS-3 against 110, there is two 110, they kill all our T9s and even doing reverse sidescreep, they manage to penitrate WITH PREMIUM SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLS! Basicly now T8s can destroy T10s pretty easly :-) T10s became more useless agasint T8s when premium shells got available for credits.

 

And now players dont have think pretty much - they load premium shells and just shoot. Velocity? HOW MANY PLAYERS FROM THESE MILLIONS ACTAULLY DO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ABOUT VELOCITY IN THIS GAME? Damn, this is the first time when I read that players use premium shells for velocity xDDDDDDDDDDDD They use premium shells for penitration, not for velocity. Stupid excuses - velocity. 



Isharial #13 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,300
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

Amm, no, most of players use premium shells just to click auto-aim option and just click and that is it. :-)

 

Had again couple of battles - shietass T25 Pilots were using only premium shells - I was dancing and nothing.

 

Than I play with IS-3 against 110, there is two 110, they kill all our T9s and even doing reverse sidescreep, they manage to penitrate WITH PREMIUM SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLS! Basicly now T8s can destroy T10s pretty easly :-) T10s became more useless agasint T8s when premium shells got available for credits.

 

And now players dont have think pretty much - they load premium shells and just shoot. Velocity? HOW MANY PLAYERS FROM THESE MILLIONS ACTAULLY DO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ABOUT VELOCITY IN THIS GAME? Damn, this is the first time when I read that players use premium shells for velocity xDDDDDDDDDDDD They use premium shells for penitration, not for velocity. Stupid excuses - velocity.

 

please eat more tinfoil

 

 

armour isn't meant to make us plebs invulnerable.. in somes cases its makes them pretty close that (Maus, type 5 etc..) but those Pilots just negated some of your armour, not all of it..


 

no they just learnt to aim on weakspots and loaded gold to make sure it pen and the T10's played like crap

a well played T10 will eat a T8 for breakfast and then some other T8 for a mid morning snack before even starting its true game, even with them firing full premium rounds...


 

some players load full gold for no reason, but most do not.. some will fire full gold at you because your a higher tier than them (and who can really blame them for that?)

and yes some will even load it for the velocity... a gun can handle and work completely different when run with full gold than run with its standard round, and some guns are only workable with the prem round....

its not a "stupid excuse", its logical use...


 

just because you don't understand that doesn't make it stupid...


 

but meh, whatever, you've shown your an idiot anyway by this statement:

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:


 

T-54 mod 1 is from those times when premium shells werent avaialble for all players.

your T-54 mod 1 never even existed at the point.. so well done... how much more are you lying and making up?


Edited by Isharial, 24 September 2017 - 11:26 PM.


TungstenHitman #14 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,819
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostRoom418, on 24 September 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I am not probably the first, but I am totaly pissed off. For months there is more and more pointless reason to get heavys 

 

It's always been this way. It's the 2 tier system creates this problem and I'll show you how. Forget even the premium ammo for a second, because of a two tier system the invested hanicap you take when you chose a heavy tank with it's better armour as the trade off against mobility and camo, is in most cases only reliant and worth the trade vs it's own tier or lower.

 

I will attach the reality of this trade, at least where the two tier system is in effect, obviously a tier10 heavy is not burdened with this this affliction. So look at this tier6 heavy tank, its armour is barely on parity with a tier8 medium tank so it has sacrificed the speed, camo, view range and mobility of a lighter class of tank in its tier only to get raped by a medium tank with about the same armour but with much better pen and mobility and view range etc etc. In turn, the tier8 medium tanks armour is only about the parity with a tier10 light tank but again, the tier8 medium tank has sacrificed mobility, camo and view range for a bit more armour only to be on equal armour terms with a tier10 light tank that can again, out pen, out turn, out shoot, out camo, out everything.. 2 tier simply does not work

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/m6?t=guard~t-100-lt

 

and so this vein of heavy tank futility continues, take the IS3 you mentioned, this mighty armour only qualifies as a medium tank at tier10 which it will face, a T-62A has about the same armour only a T-62A will RAPE an IS3 heavy tank, apart from having the same armour as an IS3 it will dance around and IS3 for speed and mobility, better camo, laughably better view range, massively better gun handling, pen, HP, rof, you name it

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/is-3?t=t-62a


Edited by TungstenHitman, 24 September 2017 - 11:32 PM.


Isharial #15 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19540 battles
  • 2,300
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostTungstenHitman, on 24 September 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

 

It's always been this way. It's the 2 tier system creates this problem and I'll show you how. Forget even the premium ammo for a second, because of a two tier system the invested hanicap you take when you chose a heavy tank with it's better armour as the trade off against mobility and camo, is in most cases only reliant and worth the trade vs it's own tier or lower.

 

I will attach the reality of this trade, at least where the two tier system is in effect, obviously a tier10 heavy is not burdened with this this affliction. So look at this tier6 heavy tank, its armour is barely on parity with a tier8 medium tank so it has sacrificed the speed, camo, view range and mobility of a lighter class of tank in its tier only to get raped by a medium tank with about the same armour but with much better pen and mobility and view range etc etc. In turn, the tier8 medium tanks armour is only about the parity with a tier10 light tank but again, the tier8 medium tank has sacrificed mobility, camo and view range for a bit more armour only to be on equal armour terms with a tier10 light tank that can again, out pen, out turn, out shoot, out camo, out everything.. 2 tier simply does not work

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/m6?t=guard~t-100-lt

 

is that really a problem with the +2mm spread, or is it a problem with the within between the tier?

imo its the latter

the fact that powercreep is just breaking tiers up further and further makes the difference between tiers even more noticeable..


Edited by Isharial, 24 September 2017 - 11:29 PM.


TungstenHitman #16 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,819
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostIsharial, on 24 September 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

 

is that really a problem with the +2mm spread, or is it a problem with the within between the tier?

imo its the latter

the fact that powercreep is just breaking tiers up further and further makes the difference between tiers even more noticeable..

 

Nah, a 2 tier tank gap creates these problems, the reason the Defender and Patriot were created so OP was WG knew they would face tier10 very often as since it was to generate money and reduce customer complaint aka noobs, they created tanks at tier8 that could last more than 20 seconds in a tier10 fight while mitigating the need to even stop and aim in most cases. As you can see, the 2 tier system means these OP tier8 tanks are still not worth a fok vs tier10 tanks if used by noobs and even somewhat experienced players but when they face conventional tier8 tanks and god fobid tier 7 and tier 6 its a foking ant stomping lesson altogher

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/defender?t=t26e5-p~t-62a~is-7~maus~tiger-131



Bucifel #17 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29622 battles
  • 1,373
  • [JDUN] JDUN
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

and another topic about stupid prem. ammo..another player..

 

just saying..:rolleyes:


Edited by Bucifel, 24 September 2017 - 11:39 PM.


HassenderZerhacker #18 Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
just play tanks with strong, rounded turrets. this excludes the germans. IS-7 should be ok

RockyRoller #19 Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29954 battles
  • 1,170
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

I only use it when I need to. I mean there are guns which just fail to penetrate armour unless you use gold. But all in all its rare that I have to in random games, but next to always in clan wars.

 

Being hit by gold in return is uncommon and most noted when I'm in a low armoured tank, like really, you could have damaged me with normal ammo.

 

I don't see gold ammo as a problem than say OPA tanks who just not matched to low mm penetration guns.



Slyspy #20 Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14193 battles
  • 16,542
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostIsharial, on 24 September 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

 

is that really a problem with the +2mm spread, or is it a problem with the within between the tier?

imo its the latter

the fact that powercreep is just breaking tiers up further and further makes the difference between tiers even more noticeable..

 

He is right, it has always been that way. The price you pay for having the armour to bully lower tiers with a heavy is that you struggle to stay relevant against higher tiers. 





Also tagged with Premium, APCR, HEAT, Gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users