XP ranking fail in ranked battles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Unicornus #1 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29340 battles

OK, here's my situation:

Played maus, ranked 6th on a loosing team, didn't get the chevron. Now, that would be ok with me but there are two heavy tanks above me that played utter crap in their game but still got the better rank and they got their chevron. Now could anyone explain how this XP system works? Well that's more of a rhetorical question, I know there won't be any real explanation. Anyway here's the pics:

Rankbattle1.png Rankbattle2.png Rankbattle3.png

I just try to point toward unfair ranking which is all there's to be about the ranked battles. If you're gonna be ranked unfair then what is the point playing this damn mode, right ?

Wish ya all better scores and better team mates.

Edited by Unicornus, 24 September 2017 - 11:06 PM.

scouse_in_the_house #2 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1019 battles
Were they alive longer than you, there's some xp shared over the whole team when an enemy is killed, but maybe living tanks (at the time of the kill) are awarded more.

Homer_J #3 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUnicornus, on 24 September 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

Now could anyone explain 

Type 5 heavy managed to shoot nearly twice as many times as you did in Maus?  What were you doing?  Saving ammo?

There is a bonus for being part of the battle, it looks to me like you played very little part compared with those other two.

Unicornus #4 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29340 battles

They did live "longer", I know it brings a good deal of the points, but the point is that they lived longer cause they left us (me and other heavies) to die by the seaside ridge (map arctic). And that's what actually caused the defeat. I don't know why tey should get the chevron instead of other players who actyally tried to do something in the game. I don't say my performance was the best in team but certainly far better than these two fellas and most of the others.

All i say is that the XP rewarding is very incompetent system for dealing the chevrons by all and any means.

Type5 heavy shot 8 times but hit only 4 same as "me" with the difference that I actually penned them and also tracked enemy tanks twice with some usefulness to other team mates (800+ dmg)

Jumping_Turtle #5 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61361 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostUnicornus, on 24 September 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

OK, here's my situation:

Played maus, ranked 6th on a loosing team, didn't get the chevron. Now, that would be ok with me but there are two heavy tanks above me that played utter crap in their game but still got the better rank and they got their chevron.

I hate to tell you this but you do not get a chevron when you are on the losing team.

How to gain or lose chevrons:

• You gain chevrons for being in the top 10 players in the winning team, by earned XP
  • Players at places 11-15 in the winning team and 1-5 on the losing team don’t lose chevrons
  • You lose chevrons if you’re in the last ten of the players of the losing team

Pandabird #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

You need to camp base with type 5 heavy

ez rank 1, always last dead, always top 5 exp. much skill, so wow.

Homer_J #7 Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUnicornus, on 24 September 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Type5 heavy shot 8 times but hit only 4 same as "me" with the difference that I actually penned them and also tracked enemy tanks twice with some usefulness to other team mates (800+ dmg)

He got 4 hits, and 4 splash, so did damage with all 8.  No doubt did a load of module damage and/or knocked out crew.

But that's not my point, how come you only got five shots off?

The other two also drove further than you.

malachi6 #8 Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49897 battles

Just an FYI.  The word "Loosing" does not mean what you think it does.  In the vernacular of the adult entertainment industry.  It is used to define preparing a woman for "bigger" things.

Well, at least I hope you are meaning the word losing.

UrQuan #9 Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Two things that come in mind:

- Shot targets spotted by others. Even when in view range, you can sometimes still share spotting-damage with others. (I had this yesterday in a random match, where I gained spotting-damage from a T-10 shot by my toonmate in close range)

-  Close range bonus: fighting targets in close range (melee brawling) nets you a nice XP bonus. This was introduced to motivate people to camp less. This is also why sometimes XP values seem to be wonky.

A replay can give us a better insight.

Also, you lost, so no Chevron gains. Only thing that can happen is either you keep the chevron, or you lose it on a loss.

Unicornus #10 Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29340 battles

Ok, i know the losing team doesn't actually get the chevron. The case is you either loose one or not. So by simple logic according to your team mates you either get one or not ... you get my meaning? 

Anyway what I tried to point out, that you can shoot&assist twice a much as your other colleagues and you still get considerably less appreciation in the reward system. And that is IMHO very unfair.

Edited by Unicornus, 26 September 2017 - 07:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users