Tips for playing slow tanks with bad gun handling?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

Like the BP, the 110 etc.?

I am struggling especially with "where to go" on a map to get into the situation I want to - someplace safe from arty, able to engage at short/medium range.

It's especially bad, when I play a tank with a bad gun depression.

Now, I don't mind to discriminate, but I won't take tips with someone, who is average and has similar ammount of battles to me.

EDIT: Maps I struggle with especially are Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Cliffs, east-start Arctic, Fjords and Redshire. Serene coast is also worth noting.

Edited by Derethim, 25 September 2017 - 09:49 PM.

upsetti_spaghetti #2 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10022 battles
Check WOT replays for that tank. It helps a ton.

speedphlux #3 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42006 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

I'm assuming you don't have the best of crews on the two mentioned tanks, because neither the Black Prince, nor the 110 have bad gun handling. The BP is anything else, but bad gun platform. It's slow, after the HD model it became armorless, but it's quite accurate, with fast aim time and decent fire on the move capabilities. The 110 is quite superior to its Soviet counterparts in gun handling terms, so I have no idea what you're talking about here either.

As for map specifics - it's too situational. You have to learn to read the teams' compositions and then draw conclusions from there. If I'm not a top tier heavy for example, I never go on the "heavy spot" on Redshire (east corridor). Cliff is always safe to avoid 1-2 lines with Heavies, coz you're usually too slow to pass thru there and onto the 3 line mid-hill, so any side of the Lighthouse you wanna take is usually a better choice. On Arctic depends on your speed - a slower or more armored Heavy, I'd go straight for the "heavy spot" on the south-east, but if my heavy is fast or not so well armored (or I'm not top tier), I'd go for the north-west spot. The rest of the maps are too "play by ear" to make certain claims about them. Just go out there and build your own feel for them. You're still at 12k battles, so even if you "derp out" in a couple of games by trying new stuff, it won't be much of a problem if you care about your stats or w/e else stuff.

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 23547 battles

View PostDerethim, on 25 September 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Like the BP, the 110 etc.?

I am struggling especially with "where to go" on a map to get into the situation I want to - someplace safe from arty, able to engage at short/medium range.

It's especially bad, when I play a tank with a bad gun depression.

Now, I don't mind to discriminate, but I won't take tips with someone, who is average and has similar ammount of battles to me.

EDIT: Maps I struggle with especially are Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Cliffs, east-start Arctic, Fjords and Redshire. Serene coast is also worth noting.

The map specific advice you will need to seek youtube videos. A post with enough info would take me an hour or more. Its been done before if you search this forum. What I can tell you though is fairly obvious. If you have a bad crew/ or a potato gun you need to close the distance and do to that you need cover! So find houses or mountains... if the gun depression is an issue stick to flat terrain. also remember it is possible to create gun depression and elevation by adjusting your position  on terrain. playing the 416 will teach you how to make the terrain work to your advantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users