Lack of premium arty

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

JK_1712 #1 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8697 battles
I have only been playing since March so not long compared to others but I do enjoy playing arty and the lack of love from Wargaming in the premium front is a bit frustrating. Looking at the massive amounts of premium tanks out there I need to ask why no premium VIII arty to allow those that play arty to gain the same as those that play the other types?

Edited by JK_1712, 25 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Oh god no

Axarn #3 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26255 battles
  • [D-N-F] D-N-F

As long as its russian, has 152 mm and i can shoot gold in it, i'd get my credit card out asap

Coldspell #4 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18583 battles

View PostJK_1712, on 25 September 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I have only been playing since March so not long compared to others but I do enjoy playing arty and the lack of love from Wargaming in the premium front is a bit frustrating. Looking at the massive amounts of premium tanks out there I need to ask why no premium VIII arty to allow those that play arty to gain the same as those that play the other types?

Simple reason, arty is already a class that requires little to no effort to gain damage in on most maps, you sit back and you crapon things.

Now Imagine being able to do that while earning bonus credits..... people grinding credits would have no reason to drive anything other then arty because its minimal effort.

qqq10 #5 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23497 battles
Tier VIII is pretty much unplayable already, so why not add some premium *edited* to it? Yesss, that's exactly what we need...

Edited by Jbnn, 26 September 2017 - 08:55 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Tang78 #6 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12098 battles
If there is a tier 8 premium arty. I bet lots of people will buy it and they piss off so many people that they quit game forever. Do WG piss off the community even more and beside you will earn alot of money, who cares about the community.

Tyburn #7 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10863 battles
Tier 5 French leaf. Broken as **** and I love it ;)

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Testing nerve and reflexes...up close and personal, angling, using cover, brawling, ramming, pushing wrecks, dicing with reload times, scouting, taking damage, drawing fire, ambushing, side scraping, YOLO!

.....or just sit at the back and left click.

undutchable80 #9 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6325 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Pfff. I'd like a premium T6 US LT first... 

Homer_J #10 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postqqq10, on 25 September 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Tier VIII is pretty much unplayable already, so why not add some premium *edited* to it? Yesss, that's exactly what we need... 

Why not.  It might increase the number of tier VIII in the queue and lead to all tier VIII seeing less tier X.

laulaur #11 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

Sure, put premium arty on sale and let's see how good is this on the long run.

It already looks like WG is actively destroying the game, so why not.....

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostJK_1712, on 25 September 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

(a) welcome to the forums JK_1712.

(b) arty in general and arty players in particular are despised by the majority of right thinking people. Admitting you are an arty player is a bit like accepting you are the smelly kid who will never have a girlfriend. You are that uncool. On the forums and in game arty and arty players are referred to in extremely derogatory terms, several refer to various diseases, this is due to the depth of hatred that is generally felt for a class that many believe ruins skillful gameplay.

(c.) The majority of players would prefer arty to be removed totally as a class. Many would pay money to play on arty free servers.

(d) WG have said that there will never be a premium tier VIII arty (although note they have broken their word about certain promises made in the past).

(e) even the suggestion of a premium tier VIII arty would lead to massive forum whine.

(f) Only a beginner would ask for such a thing.

(g) There is a tier V one, and it's a hideous monster.

(h) there is a search function on the top right of the forums, maybe next time search to see if you are raising something that has been raised many times before since the game started in 2011.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 25 September 2017 - 11:02 PM.

HeidenSieker #13 Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostJK_1712, on 25 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

(b) arty in general and arty players in particular are feared and hated by people who can't deal with them. Admitting you are an arty player is to invite opprobrium from these smelly kids who will never have a girlfriend. They are that incapable. On the forums and in game arty and arty players are referred to by these sad sacks in extremely derogatory terms, several refer to various diseases, this is due to the depth of hatred that is generally felt for a class that the vociferous wounded ladies believe ruins skillful gameplay.

(c.) The majority of players would not prefer arty to be removed totally as a class, as shown by previous polls, even before patch 9.18, which redefined the role of the SPG. Many of the whiners would, though, would pay money to play on arty free servers, before finding the next difficult thing to cry about.

(d) WG have said that there will never be a premium tier VIII arty (although note they have changed their mind, which is their right, about certain ideas postulated in the past).

(e) even the suggestion of a premium tier VIII arty would lead to massive forum whine from those incapable of dealing with SPGs; the Luddites living in the past, unable to adapt

(f) Only a beginner in posting on these forums where Very Impotent People Post would ask for such a thing.

(g) There is a tier V one, and it's a hideous monster in the eyes of those it shells.

(h) there is a search function on the top right of the forums, maybe next time search to see if you are raising something that has been raised many times before since the game started in 2011, by the same sort of people, repeatedly, with the same sort of silly claims, even though SPGs and their role have been redefined, not to mentoin all the extras that can now be deployed to circumvent their attacks.

Homer_J #14 Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
(b) arty in general and arty players in particular are the highest class of players and are therefore held in great esteem by a majority of players, they are especially attractive to the opposite sex and most successful in their professional lives which allows them to buy several Fort Knox packages a month thus not requiring a tier VIII premium version of their favourite vehicle. On the forums and in game arty and arty players are often praised by team mates for saving them from certain death when they have foolishly run off into an enemy ambush.  You will find heavy tank players especially fond of artillery and will sit still for whole battles while the enemy arty player repeatedly drops packages of love on them.
(c.) A tiny minority of players think would prefer arty to be removed totally as a class. There is no way they would go so far as pay money to play on arty free servers though.  Mostly they have a little whine every few days then carry on racking up hundreds of battles a day making it obvious they just like to have something to complain about.  This is a very British trait but seems to have been adopted by other nations too.
(d) WG have learned their lesson long ago and never say never.  The make vague statements about having no current plans for things. So if there ever is a premium tier VIII arty they won't have technically broken their word.
(e) even the suggestion of a premium tier VIII arty would lead to massive forum whine from the usual four people.
(6) It is natural for a beginner to ask for such a thing, especially if they enjoy the noble class of artillery.
(g) There is a tier V one, and it's so much fun, if it ever goes on sale then buy it.
(h) thank you for the opportunity to revisit this interesting subject.

Aoishi #15 Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18921 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

View Postfishbob101, on 25 September 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Oh god no

Oh god yes, we need premium arty, especially the fast firing ones.

Sharp1903 #16 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36800 battles

Spurtung #17 Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60081 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postlaulaur, on 25 September 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Sure, put premium arty on sale and let's see how good is this on the long run.

It already looks like WG is actively destroying the game, so why not.....

You already got 3 arties in your top 10 most played vehicles, so it's quite entertaining to see how much of an hypocrite you can get whenever talking about others playing them.

CaptainThunderWalker #18 Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18937 battles

Tier VIII Arty is fine to be fair as long as it is balanced.

But I don't really want more premium tanks... I want tanks I can grind to drop packages of love on any tier I'd like.

SeekerKuba #19 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31255 battles
  • [TDSTR] TDSTR

Since 6-12 clicks allow arty player ( even horribly bad, almost bot  like) to make top dmg/ top exp in battle then hell no.

Reward should be equal to effort a player put into battle.

Heavys, meds, lights and td to play good have to know:

- how to use armor ( sidescrap, autobounce, 3 caliber rules )

- where to shoot ( knowledge of weakspots, space armor, track dmg and etc )

- what kind of ammo should i use to maximalize my results ( sometimes is premium ammo, sometimes HE which negate armor)

- where to position yourself on map -  extreme important one

- required a bit tactic thinking, similar to above

- how spot mechanism works ( double bush, how to hide tank properly, spotting points and etc)

- draw distance limit.

- minimap awareness

- how to minimalise risk of taking dmg since almost each shoot it is risky of taking one in return...

- shoot to 'right' targets

Arty to play good have to know:

- where position yourself to have wide range of fire

- in about 10-20% of battles arty player SHOULD change his location/flank, less than 10% actually do this... ( true good players according to xvm )

- how to left click mice properly

- shoot to 'right' targets

- not change targets so often

Combining all those requrements arty shoot should be rewarded 150-200 dmg at max. Its a risk free game, just clicking using one hand and dont even try explain how complicated is it...;)

People complain about japanese derps and they are 100% correct. High dmg derps bassicaly NEGATE armor. Its a bad thing for a game. 500+  hit on a sidescrapping i.e. is7 is just sick and it doesnt matter if its arty or japanese derp. Negation of armor + ability to shoot/dmg hidden from everyone else line of fire is also sick.

Correct ballance is when bad player have bad result in tank, medium have average results and unicums have great results. Arty allow player to do more than he actually deserve. 

So at first:

- remove them from game completly and if not 

- apply limit 1 clicker per team and see what will happend

AND

- make arte gameplay more demanding as same as any other class is.

Then it will be fair and then can think about introducing arty premium...

ps.  I am not against HE ammo at all, rational HE ammo is perfectly ok i.e t110e5 gun: 60 pen and 515 dmg. Excelent to kill tank on just few hp left or decap base - it actually require just a bit of thinking to use them in right moment...

Edited by SeekerKuba, 26 September 2017 - 08:26 AM.

Ulicum #20 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39538 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostAxarn, on 26 September 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

As long as its russian, has 152 mm and i can shoot gold in it, i'd get my credit card out asap

With russians, I actually prefer Platinum.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users