Winning Premium Time - Make it like Reserves

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Gwyddbwyll #1 Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13471 battles

I just won a day of premium time having completed a mission. 

Lo and behold there was a 24hr countdown started, woohoo!

Except.. It's my bedtime, and due to work commitments I will be lucky to get even a couple of hours of that premium time.

I propose that when winning premium time (especially just 1 day) this is saved - like the reserves - for you to activate when you are able to use it to YOUR full advantage

This way you will benefit from as much of the 24hrs as you are able, instead of (as in my particular case this time) losing many hours of it.

Nuff said, made the point

Strappster #2 Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 23609 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Good idea, been suggested since forever, isn't going to happen because reasons, mainly because it drives the commitment to regular play as seen in nearly every f2p game.

Gwyddbwyll #3 Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13471 battles

Strappster , I understand you point, however having a single premium day as a saved reserve will make no difference to regular play or not. When I used to play a lot more than I do now, yes I did pay for premium. 
However commitments mean I cannot play anywhere near as much as I used to making paying for premium a waste..(you can still build up credits - I have 115million, did have over 100,000 xp, but spent a lot of that)
So when I win 1 day, just 1 simple day - it would be nice for me to choose that day.
Otherwise, what's the point in winning it ?

Coldspell #4 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18583 battles

I think they are more concerned about setting the precedent, if they do it with free premium days from missions then people will want it with actual premium days.

If its gets done with actual premium days then they lose money.

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Is it that hard to pay for a month of premium account? Especially if you work? This is like the cheapest game I know.

If it is, then boy, you have some weird priorities in life.

Strappster #6 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

General

• Player
  • 23609 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGwyddbwyll, on 25 September 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Strappster , I understand you point, however having a single premium day as a saved reserve will make no difference to regular play or not. When I used to play a lot more than I do now, yes I did pay for premium. 
However commitments mean I cannot play anywhere near as much as I used to making paying for premium a waste..(you can still build up credits - I have 115million, did have over 100,000 xp, but spent a lot of that)
So when I win 1 day, just 1 simple day - it would be nice for me to choose that day.
Otherwise, what's the point in winning it ?

Not sure you do understand my point. Your idea has been suggested for the same reasons you give since forever. It doesn't matter how well you justify it, past experience says that it's not going to happen.

As for what's the point, you get a day's worth of premium time. That's it. You know how premium time works, you know what your personal commitments are outside the game, if you happen to gain a day that you can use then everyone's happy. If you can't use it then you're not missing out on anything, are you?

View PostColdspell, on 26 September 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

I think they are more concerned about setting the precedent, if they do it with free premium days from missions then people will want it with actual premium days.

If its gets done with actual premium days then they lose money.

Call them "Reward Days" instead of premium. The only people who'd complain about that are the drama queens who only play the game in the hope of finding things to complain about.

Gwyddbwyll #7 Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13471 battles

Exoduz, it's not that I can't afford £10, it's just the hours I play mean it simply isn't worth it.

Straspster  yes I guessed it's something that has been said before - is likely to be said again in a years time, and still won't be implemented anyway.  That doesn't mean we have to roll-over and not bring it up at all.

We are all entitled to our opinion and likes and dislikes of the game, and wants and not wants... however a thought/idea/reason whether good or bad, doesn't exist if it is not stated (or repeated).

I've made my point on this subject - now I leave it alone.

thanks for your responses

Tyburn #8 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10867 battles
Agree with the OP. Winning prem time that activates immediately is just a wind up. You should be able to choose when to use it. Otherwise it's often just a frustration.

pagandk #9 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37923 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 26 September 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

Is it that hard to pay for a month of premium account? Especially if you work? This is like the cheapest game I know.

If it is, then boy, you have some weird priorities in life.

Lol, WoT cheapest game? WoT is kinda expensive and considering it's borderline pay2win even more so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users