How to fix wot

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Richthoffen #21 Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30335 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

1) why? what will you replace them with? what will you give the players that like arty? (yes there are players that like arty)

a nice clean garage slot to fit a tank in...

Isharial #22 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23616 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRichthoffen, on 26 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

1) why? what will you replace them with? what will you give the players that like arty? (yes there are players that like arty)

a nice clean garage slot to fit a tank in...

im sure you'll love that idea when they remove your favourite tanks right? :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

I cant facepalm enough at your comment

gav00 #23 Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10678 battles

View PostSuperLowIQplayer, on 26 September 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

7) Rework almost all nonturreted TD's such that they have fully traversable turrets or partially traversable turrets. And the few TD's that are non turreted should have wider gun arcs and better hull traverse and mobility in general. 

But most (if not all) non turreted TDs have better gun and track handling than their turreted counterparts already

SuperLowIQplayer #24 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 405 battles

Oh yeah I forgot remove [edited]stalingrad, kharkov, paris the ebolasuperleakyanusjuice trio of aids. And of course stop with introducing city maps or full on corridor maps. And no more OP premiums... 

Man the list could go on forever. 

Yeah guys don't judge a book by it's cover, I'm a wot theoretician, I leave the experimental of the wot sciences to unicum peasants. No offence to unicums.

Edited by SuperLowIQplayer, 26 September 2017 - 09:19 PM.

wsatnutter #25 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26464 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I think I have piles 

Kankipappa #26 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27275 battles
Only part I really hate in the current version is the massive inaccuracy and the lack of fun maps.

In other words, gameplay is worse than before. Arty also feels worse than before, as you could at least try to avoid them in fast and weak vehicles before - now you'd better be just unspotted the whole time or get into Maus or something, so arty wouldn't target you so often. Back in the day if you got Ensk as your map roll, you would laugh on Arties on your light tank. Now even at tier 10 light tank you will curse them into oblivion, as they will orbital strike you if you play aggressively, as they want to shoot you over anything else, since well... they do 2x-3x more damage to you than on anything else - even if they miss.

I've been trying to comeback to the game more often, but due to inaccuracy problems and boring corridor map pools, I feel grinding any tank for longer than few hours makes me more annoyed, than a person enjoying to play the game. Half of the games are also full of premium tanks, so it makes the grinding ever more painful, no matter if we have 100% and 300% crew boosts etc. to skip the time needed to grind. I think the "premium cancer" is part due to how you can't make profit without running premium tanks to buy your grinding tanks, so everyone will play premiums instead of enjoying their favourite vehicles they have unlocked like few years ago. Snowball effect so to speak.

Now I can't really see any unique, different maps. They all play close to the same really - you just go to generic corridor number 1 or 2 and see how the game will go. Too bad most of the terrain is blocked by elevation, so you can't even help on other flanks, gradually just making the gameplay feel gated to different flanks, even on the desert maps...

Edited by Kankipappa, 26 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Tidal_Force #27 Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 26 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

The majority of your ideas are correct. As usual the trend on the forums is to smash keyboard with face without consideration. Still its all been said before. WG have a plan... a cunning plan...

They are so cunning that one day they might outsmart themselves.

Ilknur_Ibryam #28 Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13300 battles

Few massive changes are needed in a map design. The most important change is that the spawn point or the base should not have any cover at all, nor soft nor hard, so base camping is impossible. Second cap points should be moved awat from the base. Third the end of the maps should also have no sofr or hard cover, thus no one can camp at max range. Lastly the time reduced from 15 to 10 mins.

Where this game fails the most is camping and non dynamic gameplay. That is somehow provoked from bad map design. But as much as we would like to fault Paris and Pilsen for example. They have no spots to camp in the base. So they are not that terrible.  And yes Coridors and bad spotting mechanics. TDs having a huge view range with Binos is a bad game mechanic. Mediums and heavies with a view range as good as a light - bad game play. 

The game seems well balanced up until tier 8. True mediums can use some buffs at tier 8 but then it gets  ridiculous. Some huge damages, some huge armors which can not get penned. No wonder people do not want to play ranked. Tier 9 and 10 are unballanced and not fun at all.

Homer_J #29 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postwsatnutter, on 26 September 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

I think I have piles 

Another delivery down the allotment?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users