Jump to content


Does G.W. E 100 have worse accuracy than G.W. Tiger?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

RandomBlank #1 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • [CITUR] CITUR
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

Just managed to acquire the biggest german sky cancer dispenser yesterday, played a couple games, did rather poorly, mostly splash damage, maybe 2 direct hits total, several shots totally wasted as they went right to the border of the aiming circle, or hit a wall that was good 2 meters away from the trajectory.

 

In G.W. Tiger, until recently I kept doing some awesome trick shots. Stuff like, on Abbey, fitting the shell through the narrow gap between the abbey and some houses, where tanks shoot each other but have no chance of squeezing through. Or hitting one of 3 enemies swarming our Defender, so that all 3 got damage, and Defender came out unscathed. Generally, besides an occasional, rare derp, I'd get the famed laser precision. Currently though - on G.W.E - with 100% crew, BiA, Gun Laying Drive, 100% concentration, I'm lucky if I hit an immobile heavy with splash.

 

Just bad luck or "soft stats"? Any tricks to get a better aim?



TankkiPoju #2 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19626 battles
  • 6,085
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Just click the left mouse button, how hard is that.



RandomBlank #3 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • [CITUR] CITUR
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 26 September 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Just click the left mouse button, how hard is that.

 

Apparently, harder than you imagine.

As I see your garage, you have no SPGs. But you have a KV-2, which plays kinda like arty... and you got 44% WR on it. So, excuse me I'll take your advice with a grain of salt.
 

 



Geno1isme #4 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,579
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Just check stats for yourself: https://tanks.gg/com...-100?t=gw-tiger

Accuracy including softstats is minimal better on the GWE, so any issues you have is RNG and/or observation bias. And 3 games are literally nothing to go by.



Emeraldweed #5 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6027 battles
  • 722
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
use chocolate, you will see huge results

RandomBlank #6 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • [CITUR] CITUR
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

 

View PostGeno1isme, on 26 September 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just check stats for yourself: https://tanks.gg/com...-100?t=gw-tiger

Accuracy including softstats is minimal better on the GWE, so any issues you have is RNG and/or observation bias. And 3 games are literally nothing to go by.

 

Thanks. I hope that was just a fluke. At times it really looks like the game loves some players and hates others... when a perfectly aimed shot goes wide doing nothing, or opposite, a shot I totally botched strays and hits the enemy despite him having dodged off the trajectory I was aiming for - at least in the first game I wasted good 3 shots on such "immune" player, RNG really jumping through hoops so that he'd remain unharmed.

 

View PostEmeraldweed, on 26 September 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

use chocolate, you will see huge results

 

Seriously? I might try it. Got a stockpile from when it was in rewards from some missions, always saved it "for hard times."

 

 


Edited by RandomBlank, 26 September 2017 - 01:42 PM.


uglycousin #7 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 42526 battles
  • 3,515
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostRandomBlank, on 26 September 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Just managed to acquire the biggest german sky cancer dispenser yesterday, played a couple games, did rather poorly, mostly splash damage, maybe 2 direct hits total, several shots totally wasted as they went right to the border of the aiming circle, or hit a wall that was good 2 meters away from the trajectory.

 

In G.W. Tiger, until recently I kept doing some awesome trick shots. Stuff like, on Abbey, fitting the shell through the narrow gap between the abbey and some houses, where tanks shoot each other but have no chance of squeezing through. Or hitting one of 3 enemies swarming our Defender, so that all 3 got damage, and Defender came out unscathed. Generally, besides an occasional, rare derp, I'd get the famed laser precision. Currently though - on G.W.E - with 100% crew, BiA, Gun Laying Drive, 100% concentration, I'm lucky if I hit an immobile heavy with splash.

 

Just bad luck or "soft stats"? Any tricks to get a better aim?

 

It`s arty. You just click on people and it works, except the ocasional misses.

 

Preaim your shots, take into account the huge RNG arty gets, go take a shower after each match, profit. :)

 

 



RandomBlank #8 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • [CITUR] CITUR
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

Gawd, found the soft stat.

 

You need to aim AT the tank. Then you hit it like 80% of the time. If you aim at the ground, your shot goes wildly off target. The standard tactic of aiming right behind the tank you want to hit, to maximize chance of hit with low (but non-zero) inaccuracy, goes out the window. Aim 1mm off the tank and your shell will land 10m away. Aim at the tank, even if it moves and you land a direct hit.

 

Makes hitting moving targets damn hard - you can't aim at the ground where the tank will be when the shell hits - you'll hit way off target. Either wait for them to stop, or pick a tank ahead of that one, that may drive away by the time your shell hits, but your target will drive into the spot.



Aikl #9 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 3,992
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostEmeraldweed, on 26 September 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

use chocolate, you will see huge results

 

Should come as standard if you ask me, along with the Timberlake classic.

HugSeal #10 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 1,948
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostRandomBlank, on 26 September 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Gawd, found the soft stat.

 

You need to aim AT the tank. Then you hit it like 80% of the time. If you aim at the ground, your shot goes wildly off target. The standard tactic of aiming right behind the tank you want to hit, to maximize chance of hit with low (but non-zero) inaccuracy, goes out the window. Aim 1mm off the tank and your shell will land 10m away. Aim at the tank, even if it moves and you land a direct hit.

 

Makes hitting moving targets damn hard - you can't aim at the ground where the tank will be when the shell hits - you'll hit way off target. Either wait for them to stop, or pick a tank ahead of that one, that may drive away by the time your shell hits, but your target will drive into the spot.

 

Nope, completely wrong and a figment of imagination probably based on small samples and confirmation bias.

ExclamationMark #11 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
I hope so.

RockyRoller #12 Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28259 battles
  • 1,134
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

View PostRandomBlank, on 26 September 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Just managed to acquire the biggest german sky cancer dispenser yesterday, played a couple games, did rather poorly, mostly splash damage, maybe 2 direct hits total, several shots totally wasted as they went right to the border of the aiming circle, or hit a wall that was good 2 meters away from the trajectory.

 

In G.W. Tiger, until recently I kept doing some awesome trick shots. Stuff like, on Abbey, fitting the shell through the narrow gap between the abbey and some houses, where tanks shoot each other but have no chance of squeezing through. Or hitting one of 3 enemies swarming our Defender, so that all 3 got damage, and Defender came out unscathed. Generally, besides an occasional, rare derp, I'd get the famed laser precision. Currently though - on G.W.E - with 100% crew, BiA, Gun Laying Drive, 100% concentration, I'm lucky if I hit an immobile heavy with splash.

 

Just bad luck or "soft stats"? Any tricks to get a better aim?

 

For me there was, and I did what I could before asking in ask a Unicum above.

 

Get the computer to run the game smoothly.

 

Two things I had to change was moving the game to my second Sata 3 hdd the reason being the 1st drive has Win10 and with all the other hidden TSRs every few seconds it would bottleneck the drive. You can see this if its a problem in Task Manager. Think of this problem as the game acting as if it had lag when it didn't, I might fire but bottleneck at the same time and so the WG server will get a late data package = I miss because target moved on. Now both drives run with no bottlenecking.

 

The other was upgrading the GFX card from a GT740 to a GFX 1050.

 

A last but not least is be sure Win10 isn't doing its weekly updates; live mega updates can seriously damage your bandwidth.

 

opp I forgot I had bought better low friction mouse mat and made sure things were somewhat cleaner.

 

Tweak the game settings to run smoothly.

 

go into options and experiment

 

Only the best for your crew.

 

as it says, get them to 100% and add vents food etc to get them gud.

 

 

 

I am sure there are more things that can be done and for some folk just won't be aware of natural advantages. Like back in the 90s play on a home 28k modem vs a student's T1 uni connection and say there ain't an improvement playing in Quake.



Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #13 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13247 battles
  • 605
  • [EL-G] EL-G
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

The only two good German artillery were the Hummel and the GW Panther.

 

The Hummel before the buff and the removal of the AP/APCR/HEAT ammo you could use HEAT and you were actually very useful if you ended in a city map. The Hummel was very fast and had a quick traverse speed with a very good accuracy and aim speed, that meant you could use the corners in a city and blast the enemy with HEAT and cause damage. Now with the new buffs it's bad.

 

The second is the Panther. The tier 7 is the only good German artillery. The tier 8/9/10 are very slow, with no camo, bad aim time, bad accuracy and the worst dispersion. The only good about the top tier German artillery is that they have a some what good damage if they are allowed by the RNG to hit anything.



RandomBlank #14 Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • [CITUR] CITUR
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostSergeant_Antaro_Chronus, on 27 September 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

The only two good German artillery were the Hummel and the GW Panther.

 

The Hummel before the buff and the removal of the AP/APCR/HEAT ammo you could use HEAT and you were actually very useful if you ended in a city map. The Hummel was very fast and had a quick traverse speed with a very good accuracy and aim speed, that meant you could use the corners in a city and blast the enemy with HEAT and cause damage. Now with the new buffs it's bad.

 

The second is the Panther. The tier 7 is the only good German artillery. The tier 8/9/10 are very slow, with no camo, bad aim time, bad accuracy and the worst dispersion. The only good about the top tier German artillery is that they have a some what good damage if they are allowed by the RNG to hit anything.

 

 

I'll disagree. Yes, Vespe is poor, and the other Tier 3 and Tier 2 are abysmal.

 

Pz.Sfl IVb is excellent for its tier. Huge traverse, fast shell travel, and just enough bang to one-shot lights and weaker meds, even today, although the nerfed accuracy made it less of a killer machine it used to be. Still, before nerf I'd earn Top Gun on it quite frequently, and even nowadays I can carry a low-tier game.

 

Grille is very difficult to master, but for its tier it deals devastating damage, and the steep trajectory allows hitting enemies very few other SPGs can reach, never mind the near-vertical hit has superior penetration on weak top armor, meaning your damage, with a good pen roll, can be total overkill.

 

I obviously agree with Hummel and Panther, they are definitely great SPGs.

 

G.W.Tiger(p) is kinda okay. G.W.Tiger is better, primarily thanks to improved mobility. What's special about the two is a truly laser accuracy. Despite the lousy traverse, and mediocre other parameters, the superior accuracy and wide splash make it excellent for trick shots: squeeze the shell into a half-meter gap between two buildings to finish off the guy who hid on the other side, hit a camper in Malinovka through the barn window, fit a shell down a 1-meter crevice in El Haluf to hit enemies hugging the mountain, squeeze a shot through the crack between boulders in the heavy fight area on Mines or Tundra, snipe between columns on southern hill of Airfield - I still haven't found other SPGs that could do this on regular basis.

 

I really don't think with G.W. E100 the soft stat is confirmation bias. Shots aimed at the ground still keep getting wildly off-target. Pre-aim to hit a moving IS-5, shot, the moment the shell hits, IS is right where I was aiming but the explosion is way away, out of stun radius. OTOH, enemy exposes a corner of tank from behind a building, I aim at that small corner, hit.

 

As counter-example I'll take others I played:

 

- Russian S-51 (tier 7). It used to be a very good arty - despite lousy accuracy, extreme reload time and mediocre everything else, it had so much alpha and splash it could really change the game; the massive damage nerf made the top gun worthless - the DPM is pathetic with 45s reload. The stock gun is... well, stock. Can still provide some support but all the shortcomings are still present and nothing offsets them.

- French tiers 6-8. Lousy accuracy, lousy alpha. Good mobility helps getting shots from places where enemy doesn't expect arty later into the game so it can definitely help if our side manages to push the enemy, but if we lose position on map, it won't help much and the DPM combined with poor accuracy reduces it to weak support.

- British up to tier 6 - short range, mediocre-to-weak damage, good high trajectory. High dispersion makes the wide traverse meaningless - Grille provides about the same performance, but way better alpha.

I'm yet to do something meaningful with American, only reached Priest and the accuracy up to it was bad. No reasonable results, missing 80% of shots with no splash makes it useless. Maybe it gets better later.


Edited by RandomBlank, 28 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.


mango91 #15 Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 40475 battles
  • 1,758
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

GWe100 nowadays has almost only cons..

 

played it quite a few in the past, sometimes with AP too of course, but now is like trying to kill a flying fly with a potato launcher while running in the jam

I can just suggest to shoot in the bunch and splash all the folks you can


Edited by mango91, 28 September 2017 - 11:18 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users