Autoaim+ still going strong?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Long_Range_Sniper #1 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 33613 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I was browsing a new website recently called WoT Replays Machine that allows you to upload a replay and the website converts it into a YouTube video and posts it to their site. Looking through the videos I clicked on on one about a PZ1C game that was on their main page.  https://wotrepmachine.net/

The video seems to work better when watched directly on YouTube and I was just about to leave it, when I thought I recognised autoaim+.......?

I've put the video in the right place.

*Edited

Funnily enough there are comments on the WoTReplaysMachine YouTube page about the suspicion of a cheat mod, and the replay has been deleted now from WoTReplays

*Edited

So two questions.

1) Is it autoaim+? The aim seems to snap to the enemy tank when the central reticule isn't on the tank red tank outline. I know you can apparently still autoaim behind cover with some zoom mods, but you still have to be able to actually plant that reticule on the red tank outline.

2) Conditional on question 1......come on WG, is it really that hard for your software to detect that someone isn't aiming at a tank, but this occurs?#

Edited by Nohe21, 27 September 2017 - 09:42 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming.

K_A #2 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes, that's a 100% bannable illegal mod.

gav00 #3 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles

It's a bit like how cyber security as a whole functions, WG may have means of detecting current cheats, but if changes are made to those cheats, WG need to update their algorithms, which then forces the cheats to adapt and thus an "arms race" ensues.

This is by no means unique to WoT or any WG products, but happens in just about every competitive multiplayer game. Unfortunately the people who code these programs are usually quite smart and determined. 

Reporting cheaters may not feel like the most productive thing you can do, but it really will be helping WG to keep their cheat detectors (if any) up to date.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 26 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

2) Conditional on question 1......come on WG, is it really that hard for your software to detect that someone isn't aiming at a tank, but this occurs?#

I suspect it's not about it being hard to detect the unusual aim behavior.... but rather making it more then 90% proof, so it don't randomly ban to many not using it.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Honestly, I thought this mod was not working anymore since - dont know what version? :amazed:

(I used it back in the days too - lot of people did...)

Not sure if a replay is proof enough,

but surely enough to justify a closer look on the serverside logs and stuff.

WG maybe already has some sort of server-replays, who knows? :B

Edited by Pansenmann, 26 September 2017 - 08:58 PM.

japtank #6 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27714 battles

Yes, it is definately autoaim+ and I would like that mod to be part of the game instead of being banned.

Now, just to make things clear: if something becomes illegal, it's because it's useful; if it's useful, it's because the interface is lacking.

So, like everytime with cheats, people wouldn't cheat if the interface was better.

Another example: Tundra.

How comes after so many years we still have that clunky red outline mechanic in the game?

It could be improved so that skill remains untouched but the mod wouldn't be necessary anymore, or at least wouldn't provide any advantage.

Don't blame the mods, blame the interface designers.

Edited by japtank, 26 September 2017 - 09:01 PM.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjaptank, on 26 September 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

[...] I would like that mod to be part of the game instead of being banned. [...]

This.

I definately second that. Or a switch in settings to have a more blitz-like aiming.

Until then, rules are rules.

for the tree stuff - nope, same view obstacles for everyone.

WT made this error on ground maps, disabling vegetation is a no-no.

Edited by Pansenmann, 26 September 2017 - 09:05 PM.

K_A #8 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPansenmann, on 26 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Honestly, I thought this mod was not working anymore since - dont know what version? :amazed:

I used it for a couple patches too, before it was banned. And I do think that replay is more than enough proof, autoaim sound is generated by the game and he engages it in places where you simply aren't capable of doing that either without autoaim+, or a zoom-out mod and some really steady hands, and I don't see no zoom-out mods in the replay.

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 26 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I suspect that the snapping happens client side so maybe it's not that easy - same seems to go for aimbots which they don't seem to be able to eradicate.

Pansenmann #10 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostK_A, on 26 September 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

I used it for a couple patches too, before it was banned. And I do think that replay is more than enough proof, autoaim sound is generated by the game and he engages it in places where you simply aren't capable of doing that either without autoaim+, or a zoom-out mod and some really steady hands, and I don't see no zoom-out mods in the replay.

still, without knowing what's installed on his/her computer

this replay is not strong enough evidence. I sometimes also have weird camera/aim circle bugs in my replays.

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPansenmann, on 26 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

this replay is not strong enough evidence. I sometimes also have weird camera/aim circle bugs in my replays.

No way - it's clearly Autoaim +.  I read in the mod thread just after it was banned that the old style snapping could be restored by editing a line in the config file so I suspect there are quite a few that have done it.

Pansenmann #12 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

hmm, if so they risk a permaban when caught.

meanwhile, this mod seems to be in-line with current rules.

I didnt test it - and dont intend to :)

Edited by Pansenmann, 26 September 2017 - 09:17 PM.

Aikl #13 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26103 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 26 September 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

No way - it's clearly Autoaim +.  I read in the mod thread just after it was banned that the old style snapping could be restored by editing a line in the config file so I suspect there are quite a few that have done it.

Last time I suggested that, I was promply told that it wasn't possible to just edit the config - despite Autoaim+ still featuring snapping for 'T'-marking tanks - which is really useful when focus-firing one out of four-five Klingon-named IS-3s in TBs.

Edited by Aikl, 26 September 2017 - 09:18 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 33613 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostK_A, on 26 September 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Yes, that's a 100% bannable illegal mod.

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 26 September 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

No way - it's clearly Autoaim +. 

That's what I thought, but I don't know enough about replay bugs. It does seem quite implausible for a bug to occur at the same aiming time in the same way. 

View PostPansenmann, on 26 September 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

You could always ask the person who liked your post to upload the replay.........:popcorn:

Pansenmann #15 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

found it,

quite old video when the mod use was widely practiced

example of "old" autoaim+ jan. 2015

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 27 September 2017 - 09:48 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 33613 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPansenmann, on 26 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

hmm, if so they risk a permaban when caught.

meanwhile, this mod seems to be in-line with current rules.

I didnt test it - and dont intend to :)

The RelHax mod page has an explanation for this autoaim search mod.

The auto aim search works by when you right click, it starts to "search" for a target. It finds a targe ONLY when they are highlighted in red, meaning you can't lock on to a target through a building. Here is some legal information

If you watch the video then the tanks at the windmill get a red outline, but when the PZ1C goes around the corner it seems to autolock onto the tank on the other side of the river without it ever having a red outline.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......

Barba_Electrica #17 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18923 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 26 September 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Nope.

All you have to do is change one row in the Python file and autoaim+ works just fine. And no, I don’t use it.

Edited by Barba_Electrica, 26 September 2017 - 09:35 PM.

CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAikl, on 26 September 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Last time I suggested that, I was promply told that it wasn't possible to just edit the config - despite Autoaim+ still featuring snapping for 'T'-marking tanks - which is really useful when focus-firing one out of four-five Klingon-named IS-3s in TBs.

Unless it's been deleted the mod author clearly states in his mod thread that the mod file can be edited - one line removed I think.  He may have changed the mod since of course but ........

Personally it's not one that I care about - it's not an aimbot & only helps people lock on to the target.

Pansenmann #19 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34551 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Thanks for the info. Didnt know it was THAT simple...

Honestly, unless WG implements this feature in the vanilla client

to dumb down the game even more,

I will not touch any mod that fiddles with autoaim.

... I am happy that the melty's crosshair returned, love that visual style

(the whole armor calculation stuff etc. is not present anymore)

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 33613 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 26 September 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Unless it's been deleted the mod author clearly states in his mod thread that the mod file can be edited - one line removed I think.  He may have changed the mod since of course but ........

Personally it's not one that I care about - it's not an aimbot & only helps people lock on to the target.

It's only got a use I guess for fast tanks like the 1C and if everyone had autoaim+ then fine. We know aimbots are the refuge of noobs and won't help them beyond basic aiming help.

But if it is autoaim plus as it seems, then it's a cheat and that 1C got to farm others and other 1C's who are playing fair.

I've got my aim lock on my right mouse click and I'm sure having to get a red outline before getting auto aim has helped with mouse control generally. So I'd personally not support having autoaim+ in the game as I feel it helps bring players along with all their skills if they have to work their aiming as much as possible. But if it was a feature in the game I'd not lose any sleep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users