9.20.1 missions guide

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34635 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I was kinda confused about changes to personal missions, but then I stumbled upon this guide which explains everything quite nicely.

Credit goes out to: u/Jak_Atackka

Sauce: https://www.reddit.c...e_new_personal/

Current System

It's helpful to look at how exactly the current system works, to understand the changes. Since we are all pretty well acquainted with it, I'll just use bullet points to summarize.

• Each vehicle has its own mission set, divided in 15 missions each for LTs, MTs, HTs, TDs, and SPGs.
  • Each mission can be completed with or without "Honors" (as in "Completed with Honors" depending on whether or not you fulfill the secondary condition(s). You get additional rewards for doing so.
  • Within each mission group (like all the LT missions), you can complete the first 14 missions in any order you like, but you have to complete all 14 of them before you can begin attempting the final 15th mission.
  • In order to unlock a vehicle for a particular mission set, you have to either complete the 15th mission for every vehicle class, OR complete four such missions, all with honors.
    • This means you can completely skip a vehicle class if you aren't skilled in it or just don't enjoy playing it (players tend to skip LTs and SPGs).
    • This means in order to obtain a vehicle, you have to complete between 60 and 75 missions.
  • You must receive the vehicle from the previous set before moving onto the next mission set. For example, you can't attempt any of the T28 HTC missions until after receiving the StuG IV, no matter how you managed to receive it.
    • Beyond this, however, your progress on the StuG IV does not in any way affect your progress towards the T28 HTC. It doesn't matter if you barely scraped by or completed all 75 missions with honors.
  • You can go back to complete or improve your results for any mission at any time. There's nothing stopping you from completing the StuG IV SPG missions whils working on the Object 260.
    • The only major reason to go back and complete skipped 15th missions is to receive a female crew member.

New System

The new system introduces "orders", which I'm just going to call "skips" because that's what they are for. First, about the skips themselves:

• You receive one skip for every "15" mission you complete with honors.
  • These skips can be used to skip any mission. Any "1" through "14" mission requires one skip, whereas a "15" mission requires four skips.
  • Any mission within a mission set can be skipped at any time - that means you can skip a "15" mission without doing any prior missions.
  • If you go back and complete a mission that you skipped, you get the skip back. Skips are thus reusable.
    • NOTE: It appears you have to complete said mission with honors in order to get the skips back. It is not known if this is intentional or not.
  • Skips can be applied to any mission set - for example, if you earn five skips on the StuG IV, they can be applied towards T28 HTC, T-55A, and Object 260 missions.

They also changed around the rewards for the "15" missions, but it's honestly not important for understanding how everything works. What's the net result of this new "order" system?

Like before, you have two ways to obtain the reward vehicle: complete all five "15" missions, OR complete four "15" missions with honors, and use all four skips to skip the final "15" mission. However, if you'd like, you can instead use these orders to skip particularly difficult missions in the set (like the double fire mission for MTs). For example, if you skip this mission then go on and complete MT-15 with honors, you'll end up with the same number of orders as you originally had.

There is now a much greater incentive to fully complete mission sets, because the orders can be applied to any mission set. Did you go back and complete all of the StuG IV missions? Now you have five skips you can apply to your 260 grind!

What if I already did a bunch of missions?

Don't worry, you'll retroactively receive orders for missions you've already completed!

There's an important caveat. If you had originally completed only four "15" missions for a set, all of the order you would have received are applied to the final "15" mission. Why? This is to simulate what you would have done if the order system had been in place originally - you would have completed four "15" missions with honors, and applied all four skips to the final "15" mission.

Unfortunately, due to the above NOTE, the only way to reobtain these orders is to complete that final "15" mission (which makes sense) with honors (which doesn't make sense). Unless this is some sort of intended penalty, I think WG will probably reverse their decision on this.

Anything else?

Notice those badges next to people's names that did well in the Ranked Beta season? Now you have a bunch of badges available for completing these mission sets. It's a neat addition, I'll probably parade around these badges.

There is also finally a meaningful incentive for completing an entire vehicle mission set (like all the StuG IV) missions with honors! Now you will unlock a special camo set for all vehicles of that nation. For example, I've completed all of the StuG IV and T28 HTC missions with honors, so now I can buy a special camo set for all of my German and American tanks. These sets consist of one summer, one winter, and one desert camo each, so I can mix and match as I please. Personally, I'm hoping for a camo sale so I can recamo a couple of my tanks.

Oh, and a "minor" footnote, the new mission UI is totally different. I actually think it's kind of cool to be honest, and it does a way better job emphasizing that missions can be completed in any order (something many players aren't aware of). Yeah it's a kinda gimmicky design, but honestly the gimmick works pretty well - this is a game about tanks, after all.

Edited by _EXODUZ_, 27 September 2017 - 03:40 AM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10724 battles

Thanks, that is very helpfull! WG somehow doesn't understand that if they introduce random terms for stuff people will struggle to understand. Replacing 'order' with 'skip', adding a bullet point list, simple but effective.

For me the change doesn't affect so much it seems, as I don't play arty and have no intention to do so, I will need to complete the other four 'with honours' anyway, which will leave me without extra skips.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 27 September 2017 - 06:29 AM.

robezur6 #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43022 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 27 September 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Sauce: 

Damn, that autocorrect is quite hungry ;P

tumppi776 #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41518 battles
  • [GG_EZ] GG_EZ
I downloaded CT just to test how much skips I get... Not enough it seems. Still have to play many many stupid hard missions.. rip

Pandabird #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

ooooOoo...

Downloading CT, curious now :D

I'm a completionist, have done 3 sets with honors already, would be awesome to skip the cumbersome MT-15 and boring HT missions for 260

Sfinski #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30958 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Got 12 skips so have to do 2 260 missions to get the tank. Not that far off. If only I could actually manage to do them...

Pandabird #7 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

kewl, free obj next patch.

Also; Sheridan with improved vstab and gld is absolutely bonkers 8D

Ober__ #8 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51197 battles
this skips works to skip 15th mission? I need one more woman, but can't finish SPG 15th for obj260, after arty was nerfed very difficult to do that mission :/

Pandabird #9 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostOber__, on 27 September 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

this skips works to skip 15th mission? I need one more woman, but can't finish SPG 15th for obj260, after arty was nerfed very difficult to do that mission :/

yes

uglycousin #10 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
I wonder if doing all missions with honors will allow us to use "skips" into future Personal Missions as well. I got only a few left to do with honors, but haven`t bothered much to do them.

Eaglax #11 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View PostSfinski, on 27 September 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

Got 12 skips so have to do 2 260 missions to get the tank. Not that far off. If only I could actually manage to do them...

If you have 12 skips I assume you completed 4 missions each time with honors? If so, ALL of your skips are automatically locked to the 5th 15th mission of the respective set. You have to complete all 5 missions of one set in order to use the skips in an other set.

So if you complete the 3 sets with honors you have 15 skips, so you would only need one 260 mission with honors to get the tank. If I understood it correctly :)

qpranger #12 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31557 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Can someone explain in very simple language for a small rodent: 

I am currently almost finished with T55a missions. 

Done SPG with honours (last night, yeah baby),

TD and MT with no honours, LT and HT a few missions pending. 

Do I actually gain anything from the switch over to this skip system? 

As in: can I now somehow get the T55a easier? 

Do I need some "with honours" leftovers from from StuG and HTC mission sets? 

If I have no such leftovers, then I gain nothing, right?

_Bundesheer_ #13 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29505 battles
Thank you for the good summary.

Skipping the 15th mission with only 4 skips is impo too easy, 5 would be fine.

Eaglax #14 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 September 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Can someone explain in very simple language for a small rodent: 

I am currently almost finished with T55a missions. 

Done SPG with honours (last night, yeah baby),

TD and MT with no honours, LT and HT a few missions pending. 

Do I actually gain anything from the switch over to this skip system? 

As in: can I now somehow get the T55a easier? 

Do I need some "with honours" leftovers from from StuG and HTC mission sets? 

If I have no such leftovers, then I gain nothing, right?

you need additionally 7 "leftovers" to skip LT and HT. If you don't have them you don't really benefit from the switch.

qpranger #15 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31557 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEaglax, on 27 September 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

you need additionally 7 "leftovers" to skip LT and HT. If you don't have them you don't really benefit from the switch.

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of.

Still, from today I don't have to play arty anymore :)

Cobra6 #16 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 27 September 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

What if I already did a bunch of missions?

Don't worry, you'll retroactively receive orders for missions you've already completed!

There's an important caveat. If you had originally completed only four "15" missions for a set, all of the order you would have received are applied to the final "15" mission. Why? This is to simulate what you would have done if the order system had been in place originally - you would have completed four "15" missions with honors, and applied all four skips to the final "15" mission.

Unfortunately, due to the above NOTE, the only way to reobtain these orders is to complete that final "15" mission (which makes sense) with honors (which doesn't make sense). Unless this is some sort of intended penalty, I think WG will probably reverse their decision on this.

Wargaming giveth and Wargaming taketh away, they can never just giveth and create some goodwill.

Cobra 6

SharpBlue #17 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51950 battles
Assuming this goes as planned, I get the 260 next patch! :playing::izmena::girl::justwait:

K_A #18 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13588 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I suspect the need to complete a skipped mission with honors to get the orders back is an intentional "punishment", if you could get them back very easily then you wouldn't have to plan your order use that carefully. Now you really have to think whether you want to start using orders to skip T-55A-missions to get the quick tank or do you want to save them for when you finally get to the obj missions.

tumppi776 #19 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41518 battles
  • [GG_EZ] GG_EZ

View PostSharpBlue, on 27 September 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Assuming this goes as planned, I get the 260 next patch! :playing::izmena::girl::justwait:

I would not say no to getting it. But having fought against it - i'm not conviced I really want it :child:the frontal armor seems like butter.

Anyway I'm still trying to get it still.

Ober__ #20 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51197 battles

View PostPandabird, on 27 September 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

yes

I mean, I have already 260, I just need a woman

Also tagged with 9.20.1, missions, guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users