Jump to content


110


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Bulletprooof #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7221 battles
  • 7
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

How am i supposed to play stock 110 in this kind of matchmaking, without wasting 100k every game

ty for answers


Edited by Bulletprooof, 27 September 2017 - 08:03 PM.


AdzTownstrike #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18853 battles
  • 706
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    05-19-2014

Ummm. I aint played it in randoms but ive played it a lot in tb and strongholds....

I would try playing med flank since you CANNOT fight HTs. Stay at mid range and take optimistic shots onto flanks etc. And them push in either when your team is winning and lots of dmg to farm or when your team really needs you. If you really want creds just fire HE... better than that crap derp ap shell.

If you want any specific help feel free to ask



qpranger #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32476 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

My mother always told me when I was a kid:

When everything else fails, spam HE.



Bulletprooof #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7221 battles
  • 7
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 27 September 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Ummm. I aint played it in randoms but ive played it a lot in tb and strongholds....

I would try playing med flank since you CANNOT fight HTs. Stay at mid range and take optimistic shots onto flanks etc. And them push in either when your team is winning and lots of dmg to farm or when your team really needs you. If you really want creds just fire HE... better than that crap derp ap shell.

If you want any specific help feel free to ask

 

Thanks, i'll try this

Derethim #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postqpranger, on 27 September 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

My mother always told me when I was a kid:

When everything else fails, spam HE.

 

HE is what made the 110 stock grind bearable for me. With a gun that big, you can do a lot of damage to meds and lights (if you hit).

CoDiGGo #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14997 battles
  • 570
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
  • Member since:
    05-10-2015
110 is epic obsolete ... but still 110 > average tier 8 med.

Homer_J #7 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,047
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBulletprooof, on 27 September 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

How am i supposed to play stock 110 in this kind of matchmaking, without wasting 100k

ty for answers

 

You play the medium line first and unlock the 100mm gun via the WZ-120

Derethim #8 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 27 September 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

You play the medium line first and unlock the 100mm gun via the WZ-120

 

Won't go without wasting 100K tho

Homer_J #9 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,047
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

 

Won't go without wasting 100K tho

 

I don't even know what that says

Derethim #10 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 27 September 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

 

I don't even know what that says

 

Me neither. 100k xp? 100k credits? 100k gold? 100k freshly peeled potatoes?

truoste #11 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38045 battles
  • 1,365
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostBulletprooof, on 27 September 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

How am i supposed to play stock 110 in this kind of matchmaking, without wasting 100k every game

ty for answers

 

Well there is no easy answer to this. You will not like it but it has to be said. First you play some 100 games with any of the british turds (Churchell 1, Churchell VII or Black Princes) and then you try out your 110 and quickly realize that it is a bloody good tank even in stock configuration in perma bottom tier mm. No need to thank!



Derethim #12 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Posttruoste, on 27 September 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

Well there is no easy answer to this. You will not like it but it has to be said. First you play some 100 games with any of the british turds (Churchell 1, Churchell VII or Black Princes) and then you try out your 110 and quickly realize that it is a bloody good tank even in stock configuration in perma bottom tier mm. No need to thank!

 

That's a massive pile of steaming potato.

The VII and the Black Peni.. Princess, are great tanks if you know what you're doing. They are not terrible, altough they could use +1/-1 mm.



truoste #13 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38045 battles
  • 1,365
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

 

That's a massive pile of steaming potato.

The VII and the Black Peni.. Princess, are great tanks if you know what you're doing. They are not terrible, altough they could use +1/-1 mm.

 

Super heavy speed with near light tank armor accompanied with pea shooter of a gun...what is there not to like? Usually half of your team is dead before you can see the first enemy and even then you do not have too many tools to deal with them. Only tanks I have given up multiple times. 110 is a delight to play after torturing yourself with brits.

Edited by truoste, 27 September 2017 - 09:45 PM.


Derethim #14 Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Posttruoste, on 27 September 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

 

Super heavy speed with near light tank armor accompanied with pea shooter of a gun...what is there not to like? Usually half of your team is dead before you can see the first enemy and even then you do not have too many tools to deal with them. Only tanks I have given up multiple times. 110 is a delight to play after torturing yourself with brits.

 

Light tank armor?

Oh so it must have been the magic fairies bouncing IS-3 shots when I played it.



IncandescentGerbil #15 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
110 sucks. Tier 9 with big gun is epic. Don't enjoy the 5a very much at all. A better tank on paper but much less dominant at its tier.

sabre_ferret #16 Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19552 battles
  • 281
  • [B1C] B1C
  • Member since:
    10-05-2011
Get the 100mm asap.  I was going to just grind the WZ without getting the top gun because I was doing ok in it with the 122mm, but then RNG stopped letting me hit anything and out of desperation I took the 60k XP hit and mounted the 100mm, and it made the tank far more enjoyable.  You can take speculative shots without then missing easier opportunities, you can aim in to track enemies who try to peak out, and you can actually pen stuff.  Apart from that, play it as a heavy med most of the time, although I find it does fine as a heavy when top tier.  

spuriousmonkey #17 Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44272 battles
  • 3,334
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

Activate personal reserves. Do the best you can. If you can't pen anything, try to scout.

 

When you get frustrated, play something else.

 

 



dennez #18 Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17307 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013
Just freexp it. Show that communist scum how a real capitalist handles minor issues such as this.

Edited by dennez, 28 September 2017 - 09:05 AM.


Dava_117 #19 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19480 battles
  • 3,300
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Use lots of HE. I would suggest a 2/3 HE 1/3 AP layout. Go to med-light side and use AP for tinfoil tanks and HE for armoured ones. If I managed to unlock BL-9 on stock ST-I, you can do even better in a tier 8. :great:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users