what HP/T makes bad, ok, good and exelent mobility?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Darksteel_Plate #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9726 battles
  • [97TH] 97TH

just like my question, if i have a medium tank, what kind of hp/t is ok mobility or any of the obove.

not really counting in ground resisstance cuz those whil differ from tank to tank

SuedKAT #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well I wouldn't say there is a clear cut rule since quite a lot of stuff factors in, you don't require that great mobility to circle most tier 5 HT's but you generally need a bit better performance if you want to do the same to one of the more nimble tier 10 HT's as an example. So even if you put a hard value on it, it would differ per tier due to the opposition you're up against.

Also you really need to factor in ground resistances since even if a good hp/t value tells you that that the tank most likely gets going from a stationary start rather well the ground resistances will determine the rest of the performance. Some tanks with worse hp/t but better ground resistances can feel more mobile than tanks with better hp/t but crap ground resistances. I mean the IS-7 have quite nice hp/t values, but it's ground resistances compared to for example the Obj 140 which have a worse hp/t value is rather bad so the Obj 140 is/feels more mobile.  

Edit: Just looking at the hp/t value is a bit like just looking at the top speed value and think that the AMX 40 is a speed demon, you need all values to figure out the equation so to speak.

Edited by SuedKAT, 27 September 2017 - 08:51 PM.

qpranger #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Kolohousenka.

Nazgarth #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View PostDarksteel_Plate, on 27 September 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

just like my question, if i have a medium tank, what kind of hp/t is ok mobility or any of the obove.

not really counting in ground resisstance cuz those whil differ from tank to tank

Its pointless looking at HP/ton ratio if you ignore ground resistances....

HundeWurst #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70107 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

HP/T is only have of the equitation though.

The ground resistences are the other half. They allow tanks with much worse HP/T to be faster or more mobile for that matter than tanks with good HP/T. Prime example would be the AMX CDC. It has an asome 34 HP/T ratio, yet its not much faster maybe even slower than any of the Russian tier 8 mediums since the AMX CDC has bad softstats (= ground resistences).

However I dont know how the exact "mobility equitation" looks like, maybe nobody does. SO you cannot judge mobility by the HP/T.

RamRaid90 #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

As annoying and moronic as it is at times. World of Tanks is a game that is heavily realiant on soft/hidden stats in order to get an accurate measure of performance.

For example, you cannot use HP/t for the reason others have described. You need to factor in average ground resistances. (Not displayed in game)

Just like the dispersion value displayed in the game cannot tell you how accurate a gun is. You need to factor in the bloom penalties for movement, turret rotation, hull rotation (not displayed in game) and aim time (displayed in the game)

Edited by RamRaid90, 27 September 2017 - 09:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users