Do we still need to set our consumables to "auto refill"?

tweaks

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17107 battles

A logical tweak after setting consumables to "infinite during the battle" would be not having to set them to "auto refill" every time.

After you snap them in place, they should just stay there after the match, even if you used them.

It made sense when they were finite in matches, but they're not anymore.

Dundato #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26136 battles
Just tick thx box to automactically replenish

japtank #3 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles
Food.

Derethim #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17107 battles
You can still just untick that, I'd always want my ammo and my consumables to automatically refill.

250swb #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

You can still just untick that, I'd always want my ammo and my consumables to automatically refill.

Why would you 'intick' it if you want them to auto refill? You tick it once and you never need to tick it again.

Edited by 250swb, 27 September 2017 - 09:26 PM.

Browarszky #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15922 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Post250swb, on 27 September 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Why would you 'intick' it if you want them to auto refill? You tick it once and you never need to tick it again.

Seems logical to me.

Homer_J #7 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

A logical tweak after setting consumables to "infinite during the battle" would be not having to set them to "auto refill" every time.

After you snap them in place, they should just stay there after the match, even if you used them.

You still only get charged once.

And what if you wanted to try out a large repair kit just for one battle, you might not want to automatically buy one after the battle as well.  Or even a small one if you are just starting out in WoT.

Pvt_Duffer #8 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Sure, Dumb the game down even more.

You used to have to earn them.

( though of course then it was too difficult).

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 28 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Derethim #9 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17107 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 28 September 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Sure, Dumb the game down even more.

You used to have to earn them.

( though of course then it was too difficult).

I've read that somewhere. The gameplay should be complex, but I think garage should be simpler to maneuvre about.

The mission tabs should be reworked completely, premium I think should be bought as an item, that you can activate later-on, as you may not have time for the rest of the week you bought the premium for, but it's on sale and you have time the next week, but then the sale ends, for example. They could avoid this by setting premium days as 1, 3, 7, 30 and 365 item tokens, you can just consume and they'll give you premium. A lot of MMOs do it this way.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20589 battles
Such a needlessly unacceptable burden having to click a mouse button just once and it automatically refills forever there after. Hope that doesn't sprain your index finger.. first world problems eh? I'm annoyed I even have to type this sentence, can't someone else do it while I drool down my shirt in a semi-comatose state?

Pvt_Duffer #11 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

I've read that somewhere. The gameplay should be complex, but I think garage should be simpler to maneuvre about.

The mission tabs should be reworked completely, premium I think should be bought as an item, that you can activate later-on, as you may not have time for the rest of the week you bought the premium for, but it's on sale and you have time the next week, but then the sale ends, for example. They could avoid this by setting premium days as 1, 3, 7, 30 and 365 item tokens, you can just consume and they'll give you premium. A lot of MMOs do it this way.

That's why you got boosters, stuff that they had to start giving away for "free"/time so as not to be P2W.

Just like you asked for.

Premium time on demand. XP/Credit/Freexp Boost in 1 or 2 hour increments. at 50/100/200% whatever rates.

Dumbed down again.

You guys keep asking for this shite and moaning like botches when you get it (please get rid of the weakspots, why is there a premium tank with no weakspots, blah blah blah)

Here's another one for you, why don't they listen to the community? because when they do you end up with the shite you're all moaning about , and all you do is biatch about it like it's someone else fault, despite it being exactly what you asked for.

Edit:

I'll add this while the mods try to editparse the above and find an excuse to close/not close this thread:

The missing piece is vision....

The game at release was visionary, it was ahead of it's time and brilliantly placed in the F2P/Micro-payment/transaction market that was fledgling at the time.

As a game frankly it was never amazing , it was always a case of "how come no-one has thought of this before?". 

It is a basic game with basic mechanics and a lucrative revenue generation mechanic.

What started as a vision of a "game" became a ruthless exploitation of that revenue mechanic, even today when you ask what WGs vision for the future is the answer invariably turns out to be making more money by exploiting our revenue mechanics.

Which is not to blame them for doing their job, we all want to make a bonus, but if the vision is short sighted..

a) you do not generate any future anticipation (where the feck is 1.0000000 for example) 

b) you do not create long term loyalty.

Greed has distracted the Vision

Where is the grand future for WoT?

Here's a guess as to why we've never ever got 1.0 version.

The day we do, we'll start saying "cool, what will we get in version 2?" and the truth is, they have no real idea, no focus, no grand vision, just a "bunch of stuff" they are trying out.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 28 September 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Derethim #12 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17107 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 28 September 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

That's why you got boosters, stuff that they had to start giving away for "free"/time so as not to be P2W.

Just like you asked for.

Premium time on demand. XP/Credit/Freexp Boost in 1 or 2 hour increments. at 50/100/200% whatever rates.

Dumbed down again.

You guys keep asking for this shite and moaning like botches when you get it (please get rid of the weakspots, why is there a premium tank with no weakspots, blah blah blah)

Here's another one for you, why don't they listen to the community? because when they do you end up with the shite you're all moaning about , and all you do is biatch about it like it's someone else fault, despite it being exactly what you asked for.

I'm sorry, did I ask for weakspots to be removed, or did I stutter?

I actually didn't like it, when they included personal reserves. For one big reason - we have premium, so why bother making something like personal reserves?

One guess would be as a marketing move - people can buy, or earn personal reserves on top of a premium account and freeloaders won't moan about not getting enough premium time from missions, or something, because now they have +25% xp for one hour and a rare 50% credits increase. Wow.

And it really sounds like you want the garage to be as needlessly complicated as possible. Why not make it a minigame to buy more ammo or something?

I just suggested a tweak. Suggested, I didn't say I want it in the game, or i'm gonna slap a b!tch. Sit down.

If this was a real-life forum, as in a town square, you'd be part of the lynch mob with torches.

Oh how did I dare to even suggest anything? Oh my, I must surely be more careful next time :rolleyes:

Edited by Derethim, 28 September 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 27 September 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

I'm sorry, did I ask for weakspots to be removed, or did I stutter?

I actually didn't like it, when they included personal reserves. For one big reason - we have premium, so why bother making something like personal reserves?

One guess would be as a marketing move - people can buy, or earn personal reserves on top of a premium account and freeloaders won't moan about not getting enough premium time from missions, or something, because now they have +25% xp for one hour and a rare 50% credits increase. Wow.

And it really sounds like you want the garage to be as needlessly complicated as possible. Why not make it a minigame to buy more ammo or something?

I just suggested a tweak. Suggested, I didn't say I want it in the game, or i'm gonna slap a b!tch. Sit down.

If this was a real-life forum, as in a town square, you'd be part of the lynch mob with torches.

Oh how did I dare to even suggest anything? Oh my, I must surely be more careful next time :rolleyes:

get over yourself 3/4 of your post was dedicated to "why can't premium time just be active when I'm using it". 

That's why whingers like you got boosters in the first place, and the joy is that you cannot even see the irony in that,

"oh, I got what I wanted, just not the way I wanted it, waow!, nooaw I want something else.."

Edit:

FYI   I never mentioned the garage.... so errr WTF?

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 28 September 2017 - 12:58 AM.

Derethim #14 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17107 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 28 September 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

get over yourself 3/4 of your post was dedicated to "why can't premium time just be active when I'm using it". 

That's why whingers like you got boosters in the first place, and the joy is that you cannot even see the irony in that,

"oh, I got what I wanted, just not the way I wanted it, waow!, nooaw I want something else.."

Edit:

FYI   I never mentioned the garage.... so errr WTF?

I'm sorry, but you don't get it. A lot of the NEW free games on the market use the token variant of this. You buy the premium as a token, you activate it whenever you want and it ticks down even when you close the game, but not instantly as you buy it. I think this system is better, because:

a) Like I said, you can buy premium at a good time, when it's on sale

b) You can store premium time, for when you need it

c) It would be easier to sell packages, for example, someone might buy a tank package for the missions, but can't make use of the premium time, as he/she is working that day, essentialy wasting money. This way he/she can use it later.

Again, whiners like me. Enough with the insults, am I offending you, hurting your feelings or something? Jesus.

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 28 September 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Here's a guess as to why we've never ever got 1.0 version.

I think the prime reason we never got to 1.0, is because of every competent company's marketing strategy. They are saving it for something big, something they can put on adverts and something, that will bring back older players or bring in a lot of new ones, like, for example, a brand new engine in place of big world, that would allow for complete destruction of environment or something. They wanted to replace BigWorld with Havok and I don't think anyone sane would oppose this... just imagine CoH-style level of destruction. That's a nice vision. Not black-edition tanks.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

Better question would be why does autofill always default to using actual gold for consumables and premium ammo.

But I think we all know the reason to that, don't we.

eldrak #16 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46573 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

Hmm, actually it should refill when you enter battle not when you exit.

Then it could prompt you to not enter battle if you don't have enough €£$ to buy consumables you have selected for your tank.

IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 28 September 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Better question would be why does autofill always default to using actual gold for consumables and premium ammo.

But I think we all know the reason to that, don't we.

It's one of the things WG could change easily, if it had any care for its image. Wouldn't cost them that much, surely.

Condono #18 Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10022 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

Unticking is recommended when using premium consumables.

Edited by Condono, 28 September 2017 - 03:19 PM.

Also tagged with tweaks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users