Overmatch Vs Swedish TDs

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Userext #1 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

Firstly, I'm not talking about 8-9-10 because I don't have them yet.

If you aren't going to introduce reworked overmatch mechanism any time soon* why can't you just give these TDs some armour buffs? I barely got to tier 7 TD and for [edited]sake 15 mm armour at most? Are you aware even tier 1 tanks have 40mm average AP? Some of these tier 1 tanks can easily overmatch your side armour and back armour. Trust me, I played german armourless TD line they were much much better than these garbages.

I can already guess some will say "go and hide in a bush" well,

First of all, there aren't many bushes to exploit in corridor maps and fights mostly end with brawls as no one wants to be sniped

Secondly, the second you get spotted there is no escape for you. Every shot that hits, will penetrate and you just know arty will be looking for a delicious dinner.

Thirdly, tanks aren't maneuverable enough. You might think their traverse speed is good but because these tanks are lightweight, they use thin tracks, causing an increased amount of terrain resistance. Shortly, their traverse on medium and soft grounds are worse than most of other TDs on same tier.

Fourthly, these tanks all have problems with their guns. Ikv65's reload is absurdly long and ikv90's gun just doesn't fit to tier 7 compared to other tanks. It's terrible gun for a paper armoured, camping tank. 210 pen for a TD gun with an armour that the wolf from 3 little piglet can blow off? I get it that you want this tank to be in the middle between the sniper TDs and armoured TDs but you didn't design it to be like that. It has less armour than the TD that you want to see sit back and snipe.

*I know my rant won't reach to WG devs ears even the slightest bit and they'll just drink vodka till they pass out and repeat the next morning but I don't want to wait 2 years until they finally decide to scrap swedish TDs from the game because they need a higher degree than highschool diploma to solve this problem...

I mean FFS you don't need to buff it so high, just buff the armours 10-15mm so the tanks can take a breath.

edit:bolded, underlined and 26 sized first sentence

Edited by Userext, 29 September 2017 - 01:52 PM.

Dundato #2 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26171 battles
Camo net and 100% camo crew should help

Userext #3 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostDundato, on 28 September 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

Camo net and 100% camo crew should help

I could get a camo net but my problem isn't with its camo, my problem is with its inconsistency of its gun. It's a high RoF gun and if I fire I'll get spotted 95% of the time. %100 camo crew isn't something that I can poses and falls under the same issue with inconsistency of gun-camo relation.

HonoredStone #4 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22213 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostUserext, on 28 September 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

I could get a camo net but my problem isn't with its camo, my problem is with its inconsistency of its gun. It's a high RoF gun and if I fire I'll get spotted 95% of the time. %100 camo crew isn't something that I can poses and falls under the same issue with inconsistency of gun-camo relation.

the tier 7 is crap. grind it and forget about it. the fun begins at tier 8

jack_timber #5 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32474 battles

View PostHonoredStone, on 28 September 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

See above...

Unfortunately T7 isn't to good, but you know that already.

If you have been using your crew for a whiles they should have few skills and perks by now? Or did you get the free crew at Xmas?

As soon as you can unlock UDES, stick a good crew in it, use it's excellent camo and enjoy, although siegemode does take a little getting used to.

Often as not get into T10 battles with this TD so you won't bounce much, got to wait for T9/10 for that. But it can hold its own even in a T10. The gun is accurate with a high muzzle velocity so hitting moving targets is easy.

Sorry no help for the T7 but I remember it well and not for the right reasons.

sabre_ferret #6 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18675 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

View PostHonoredStone, on 28 September 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

I loved the tier VII...  Fast, great gun handling and stealthy.  The stock UDES (in this MM) feels like a massive let down.  Mobility crippled by the siege mechanic and the gun performance doesn't come close to mitigating that. 

Spurtung #7 Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Can't wait for OP's thread after getting the tier 9 bouncing a lot of shots and then being overmatched by tier 7 IS. 

Userext #8 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 28 September 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

Can't wait for OP's thread after getting the tier 9 bouncing a lot of shots and then being overmatched by tier 7 IS. 

Why would I complain about IS penetrating tier 9 armour? Everything in this tree I have played so far was actually paper tanks that had no chance bouncing as the most armour was 15mm. It's the same reoccuring problem. 15mm doesn't only mean overmatch it also means every HE shot, even those that land close to you and miss you, will damage you and most likely kill you at full health despite missing you.

View Postjack_timber, on 28 September 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

See above...

Unfortunately T7 isn't to good, but you know that already.

If you have been using your crew for a whiles they should have few skills and perks by now? Or did you get the free crew at Xmas?

As soon as you can unlock UDES, stick a good crew in it, use it's excellent camo and enjoy, although siegemode does take a little getting used to.

Often as not get into T10 battles with this TD so you won't bounce much, got to wait for T9/10 for that. But it can hold its own even in a T10. The gun is accurate with a high muzzle velocity so hitting moving targets is easy.

Sorry no help for the T7 but I remember it well and not for the right reasons.

I don't have a good crew and I wasn't here by xmas I think I bought a %100 trained crew for strv 42 57 so that I'd have a good crew by the time TDs came around but after that I stopped playing and focused on real life issues. Should I buy strv s1 and train the crew in that? It'd help me get used to siege mode aswell

T7 isn't good but after tier 6 I was expecting something a bit better. It's disappointing to have a TD that is nearly the same as the one before, one tier higher

edit: It annoys me the most that I'm just a burden to my team

Edited by Userext, 28 September 2017 - 12:29 PM.

Spurtung #9 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostUserext, on 28 September 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 28 September 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

Why would I complain about IS penetrating tier 9 armour? Everything in this tree I have played so far was actually paper tanks that had no chance bouncing as the most armour was 15mm. It's the same reoccuring problem. 15mm doesn't only mean overmatch it also means every HE shot, even those that land close to you and miss you, will damage you and most likely kill you at full health despite missing you.

Because the tier 9 and 10 bounce a lot of shots, and yet, they get overmatched by russian 122mm.

You'll see when you get there, so far you have the paper ones, and of course it's an obvious thing, but when you start bouncing shots, you'll give them more value.

IncandescentGerbil #10 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
I struggle to muster any sympathy for TD players, and Swedish TD players in particular. Nerf em all!

Userext #11 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 28 September 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

I struggle to muster any sympathy for TD players, and Swedish TD players in particular. Nerf em all!

play ikv 65 II and then you may be allowed to speak you peasent you

IncandescentGerbil #12 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles

View PostUserext, on 28 September 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

play ikv 65 II and then you may be allowed to speak you peasent you

Ok, I struggle to muster any sympathy for higher tier, invisible TDs. Ps I'm not a peasent. I'm not anything with an errant vowel.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 28 September 2017 - 01:39 PM.

jack_timber #13 Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32474 battles

View PostUserext, on 28 September 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

I don't have a good crew and I wasn't here by xmas I think I bought a %100 trained crew for strv 42 57 so that I'd have a good crew by the time TDs came around but after that I stopped playing and focused on real life issues. Should I buy strv s1 and train the crew in that? It'd help me get used to siege mode aswell

T7 isn't good but after tier 6 I was expecting something a bit better. It's disappointing to have a TD that is nearly the same as the one before, one tier higher

edit: It annoys me the most that I'm just a burden to my team

It's closer to a T9 than UDES but a UDES full upgraded is a very nice tank to play. Yes you see T10 battles but use the camo and snipe from afar, annoys the 'ell out of some cos they can't see you. You won't stand a chance in a 1 to 1 and city maps are a pain.

I would suggest sticking with the non premium route so you can progress to 103/103b.

You can still get 1 shotted even in a 103b, I know it happened last night by a Deathstar sniping, well what goes around comes around:)

Userext #14 Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

you know what would help? if the gun from the previous tank actually was accurate. I say that yet after 5 match in a row where my perfectly aimed shots missed and caused me to do 0 or close 0 ddamage... I just can't keep playing this tank in its current situation. I don't even have the second gun yet. it's 0.4(80% retrained crew) accuracy for 180 mm pen to do 240 damage with 2 second aiming time.

Why is the gun so shite ? Why, just why...

It's not mobile enough as it is a TD with no turret, it doesn't have armour, it doesn't have good spotting, it doesn't have a good gun, it doesn't have anything yet this is supposed to be tier 7? For [edited]sake I'd trade in all 9.20.1 buffs just to get a buff on this line.

I don't understand, how could the swedish td line stay in game like this for so long? What kind of a subhuman would let this torture stay in game? There doesn't seem to be a rework for overmatch mechanism on the horizon so at least just buff these poor shits until you can rework these lines. I understand that the whole line is paper but I have already played a paper TD line called waffentrager and they were good because THEY HAD GOOD GUNS

It's not even like the first few months these tanks were out, the second you get spotted everyone turn around to take a shot at you and because of such terrible aiming time and shite accuracy, you can't even return fire let alone aiming for weakspots.

IT HAS BEEN A WHOLE YEAR AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS LINE YET, NOT EVEN A TEMPORARY BUFF?

Search_Warrant #15 Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Not gonna lie. if tier 7 had more dpm and slightly better aimtime id have actually prefered that over the UDES, Siege Mode is clunky and the the penetration is a lie. i bounce so many tanks i shouldent due to shoddy APCR round. sure UDES has good gun stats. but then you realise SkorpionG has a bigger gun with more dpm and an amazing 0.30 accuracy. who cares about camo when you can be a medium with a TD gun thats better than actual TD's.

2,396 dpm on UDES.

2,513 on SkorpG

Why? just why wg? Skorp even has more alpha and a turret so why the hell is the gun 100% better? UDES would have something going for it if it only had some armor, you cant keep that horrific Siege Mode Forwards/Backwards traverse if it has 0 armor. you just cant. its horrible.

Please remove UDES and but another none Siege Mode tank there as id rather play anything other than that trashcan. id even play another IKV veriant, at least it cant suck any harder than UDES.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 28 September 2017 - 11:49 PM.

HonoredStone #16 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22213 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

The udes us pretty decent. It has the highest camo value in the game o think. If you play it as a pure cloaked sniper you will do well in it. Skorp is more like a medium and not really comparable.

Spurtung #17 Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostUserext, on 29 September 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

IT HAS BEEN A WHOLE YEAR AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS LINE YET, NOT EVEN A TEMPORARY BUFF?

Really, STFU, you know nothing about the "line" to demand a buff. Stop being a scrub, and move up, that line has been around for almost a year and you're still on the tier 7?

Spurtung #18 Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 September 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

Why? just why wg? Skorp even has more alpha and a turret so why the hell is the gun 100% better? UDES would have something going for it if it only had some armor, you cant keep that horrific Siege Mode Forwards/Backwards traverse if it has 0 armor. you just cant. its horrible.

Please remove UDES and but another none Siege Mode tank there as id rather play anything other than that trashcan. id even play another IKV veriant, at least it cant suck any harder than UDES.

Skorpion's gun is definitely not 100% better than UDES'.

UDES doesn't need siege mode to be effective, just sacrifice some DPM and you can always be on the move.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't really see the problem. Didn't check the other TD lines? Most of them have paper armor, except some higher tiers.

Userext #20 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 29 September 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Really, STFU, you know nothing about the "line" to demand a buff. Stop being a scrub, and move up, that line has been around for almost a year and you're still on the tier 7?

What kind of high horse are you riding there my good sir? I have been offline for a year and came back to the game at the start of this week. Oh pardon me for spending my valuable time for my real life instead of a virtual game. I beg your pardon for being such a scrub and not playing this game 24/7.

I have seen many of your type so go ahead keep yanking no one's going to listen to you

View PostJigabachi, on 29 September 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

I don't really see the problem. Didn't check the other TD lines? Most of them have paper armor, except some higher tiers.

You mean waffentrager line? Oh St.Emil has 50/30/30 definetly the same with 15/12/12

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users