EDIT: What to unlock first - T69 or Bulldog - BEFORE 9.20.1 patch?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

yessuz #1 Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6041 battles

Basically, here's the question:

1) Loved Chaffee. Got 1st MOE, but yesterday sold it in order to buy T71

2) Free XP'ed T37. in order to buy T71, because it will be moved to another line, so I essentially will be skipping T21, when it moves.

3) Got T71. Played 3 games so far - Absolutelly love it! Really nice and quite powerful tenk.

Question:

T71 as it is will be on the another line and will lead to T69. In this case, I will have another, non-autoloader T71 to play in order to get the Bulldog.

If I free XP to it, it will cost me ~4K gold to convert ~100k free XP. But in this case, when 9.20.1 will hit, I will have Bulldog unlocked (so, no need to go through another T71).

i just wonder, is the Bulldog with 9.18 changes to MM worth it?

Edited by yessuz, 16 October 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31701 battles

View Postyessuz, on 28 September 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

2) Free XP'ed T37. in order to buy T71, because it will be moved to another line, so I essentially will be skipping T21, when it moves.

3) Got T71. Played 3 games so far - Absolutelly love it! Really nice and quite powerful tenk.

Question:

T71 as it is will be on the another line and will lead to T69. In this case, I will have another, non-autoloader T71 to play in order to get the Bulldog.

If I free XP to it, it will cost me ~4K gold to convert ~100k free XP. But in this case, when 9.20.1 will hit, I will have Bulldog unlocked (so, no need to go through another T71).

Yes, for sure.

If you loved the Chaffee, you will love the Bulldawg - it's kinda like it's big brother - was a bit pissed when they fudged it's autoloader, but after playing it for a while I have to say it's not too bad.

Worth spending gold on for Free XP?

Not so sure...

Just activate some reserves and blast through it in a weekend:)

Hardass #3 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30687 battles

No 

thestaggy #4 Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11722 battles

Its actually not a bad tank at all. I wouldn't call it much of a scout as it is quite a fatty and seems to play second fiddle to the other lights in the camo stakes, but it is highly mobile and a really nice gun platform. Excellent for firing on the move and snapshotting. If you can look after your HP you can be a bit of a menace in the late game, good for hit and run tactics to turn an enemy. I started off slowly in it but my recent sessions are starting to pick up. Around 2% away from the second MOE.

yessuz #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6041 battles

Hi guys. sorry - I struggle to understand the change on T71.

Ok, now the situation: I have T71 now ant grinded 111k XP. So I can unlock either M41 Bulldon either T69.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this should be as follows:

Current T71 becomes T71 DA (autoloader) and is moved to T69/ Type 57 line. So it WILL LEAD to T69. 

New T71 - CMCD - loses autoloader and leads to M41 Bulldog which will lead to Sheridan.

but then it says: Please keep in mind that the XP you earned on the T71 DA gets transferred to the T71 CMCD with the release of 9.20.1.

So after the patch - WHICH tank will have this XP? Effectivelly - WHICH tank should I unlock - M41 or T69 NOW, in order not to grind through T21 and new/changed T71?? I mean - I unlock higher tier now and then still play T71 - so which I have to unlock in order not to lose all the XP I will gather after the unlock of higher tank?

If I understand correctly, I actually should unlock T69 NOW because XP from current T71 will be transfered to CMCD and effectively - towards Bulldog.. Is this correct?

Last question - all I need is just to unlock, Purchase is not necessary?

Edited by yessuz, 12 October 2017 - 11:52 PM.

Brodie_ #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

No point in free xp'ing the T21 unless your rich & do not give a FK.

It is not a bad tank.

It is just not the best.

If your a decent player you will sail though it.(Just like the others)

It's not that bad!

Save the free xp for something more important!

Free xp is in general, best used to upgrade a stock tank, so that you can play at a reasonable level straight away at a tier.

Good luck!

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41117 battles

View Postyessuz, on 28 September 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

Question:

Interesting point I should read the details of the change if I were you it looks a bit complicated.

After the update you will have the new T71 DA with autoloader your crew will be retrained for that tank and equipment either moved over or put in the depot, that tank as you say leads to the medium T69

The XP will be transfered to the T71 CMCD that leads to the Bulldog but on the test server at least you are not given that tank which is really odd putting xp on a tank you do not own forcing you to buy it and use some of that xp to unlock the tracks and then you can put the rest towards the bulldog.

Doesn't look like the update is coming this week so maybe grind some xp then free xp the rest if you want the bulldog.

This weekends special seems aimed at earning credits which might help with buying the Bulldog at least.

https://worldoftanks...cle-rebalances/

yessuz #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6041 battles

View PostBrodie_, on 13 October 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

No point in free xp'ing the T21 unless your rich & do not give a FK.

It is not a bad tank.

It is just not the best.

If your a decent player you will sail though it.(Just like the others)

It's not that bad!

Save the free xp for something more important!

Free xp is in general, best used to upgrade a stock tank, so that you can play at a reasonable level straight away at a tier.

Good luck!

No no, you misunderstood.

I thought that I will not be able to grind towards any of Tier 8. So i thought to use it for ONE tier 8 - the one which I will not be able to grind with the autoloader. 

but now I see, that it is different. I actually should unlock the autoloader tank with my normal xp and grind more, as all Xp will be transfered toward CMCD - the one which leads towards bulldog.

so No I got XP - I need to decide which one to unlock first in order I will not need to buy additional t7 tank

Edited by yessuz, 13 October 2017 - 07:59 PM.

yessuz #9 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6041 battles
So guys!! :) what to unlock first.. what I will benefit the most? Already can unlock ONE tank...

yessuz #10 Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6041 battles

UPDATE: so I unlocked Bulldog now. I thought, that since I have t71 autoloader + crew + equipment - i will have more joy playing it than playing T71 non-autoloader. + it will be a relief from the T71 power grind and I will be able to have some joy again :D

unless I will have will and courage to powergrind T71 again - just 110k xp - and will unlock T69 before the patch update... :D but I doubt I will make this in one week..

Edited by yessuz, 16 October 2017 - 08:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users