why do tracks/engine suddenly stop working on some stones?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24770 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

extremely annoying.

at some places, tracks/engine suddenly stop.

today I was spotting in the middle on lakeville and when I peeked forward over a rock, my tracks and engine suddenly stopped, I was unable to move for about 1 second and got killed.

please fix this.

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35610 battles
Yes I have noticed this... But not as annoying as the CAMERA BUG

Spurtung #3 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61080 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 28 September 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

extremely annoying.

at some places, tracks/engine suddenly stop.

today I was spotting in the middle on lakeville and when I peeked forward over a rock, my tracks and engine suddenly stopped, I was unable to move for about 1 second and got killed.

please fix this.

Because it was redlining for too long.

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 19768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As stupid as it is for whatever reason they cut off your engine power when you get onto certain surfaces just try to avoid them. It can't be that many.

PowJay #5 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34577 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 28 September 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

As stupid as it is for whatever reason they cut off your engine power when you get onto certain surfaces just try to avoid them. It can't be that many.

One problem with this, however, is that it happens in places where you can't get enough traction to climb. When the engine shuts down, instead of holding in position and, possibly, gaining some traction to the left/right, your engine just shuts down and you slip back. 

While it might stop you driving up a cliff, it can help you to fall off one, for example. 

Jigabachi #6 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
That's truly a nonsensical and lazy mechanic. That way they even keep you from using minor hills or bumps to gain a little advantage in their boring corridor maps.
I hate map glitches that allow players to reach all those nasty locations, but THAT is not how you keep players from doing that.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Your movement is decided on motion on two spots on each track, as in two of the wheels on each side. If none of these points are in contact with the ground, you will stop until they get in contact again. So even when you drive off an edge, propulsion of the tank is useless if only your upper forward part of your tracks hit the ground, and the lower section is not in contact with anything... even then it will stop until the lower tracks are in contact again.

I suspect it's not complicated for a few of WG coding team to make the entire track control motion vs just 2 wheels. But to be fair... there are bigger issues they need to sort first.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #8 Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24770 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 September 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Your movement is decided on motion on two spots on each track, as in two of the wheels on each side. If none of these points are in contact with the ground, you will stop until they get in contact again. So even when you drive off an edge, propulsion of the tank is useless if only your upper forward part of your tracks hit the ground, and the lower section is not in contact with anything... even then it will stop until the lower tracks are in contact again.

I suspect it's not complicated for a few of WG coding team to make the entire track control motion vs just 2 wheels. But to be fair... there are bigger issues they need to sort first.

that's not how it works, apparently.

my engine and tracks stopped when my left track still had contact with the ground.

View PostJigabachi, on 28 September 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

That's truly a nonsensical and lazy mechanic. That way they even keep you from using minor hills or bumps to gain a little advantage in their boring corridor maps.
I hate map glitches that allow players to reach all those nasty locations, but THAT is not how you keep players from doing that.

nothing to do with climbing in my case. it's just a rock between the middle road and the lake on Lakeville.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 28 September 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

the problem is they are invisible and when you get onto one and the enemy sees you, you are pretty much toast.

jack_timber #9 Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31930 battles

View PostPowJay, on 28 September 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

One problem with this, however, is that it happens in places where you can't get enough traction to climb. When the engine shuts down, instead of holding in position and, possibly, gaining some traction to the left/right, your engine just shuts down and you slip back. 

While it might stop you driving up a cliff, it can help you to fall off one, for example. 

Just a thought.... Has anyone tried the Additional Grousers.

Fitting this should, in theory, give you more grip.

But yes it is annoying when drive is cut to the tracks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users