xvm no hate

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

uglycousin #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I was thinking about uninstalling XVM. I am using QuickyBaby's modpack right now. And what I find most convenient about it is:

1. Garage clock.

2. Autoreturn crews and equipment. For people with lots of tanks, this is a very useful feature.

3. Very useful feature showing who was spotted and who was not on the enemy team. Sometimes I use that feature to know when I can safely flank the enemy team and exploit a gap in their lines.

4. Seeing who I can rely more on my team.

Why I want to uninstall it?

1. Kinda got bored of it and I think it crashes my game from time to time.

2. Sometimes my morale drops a bit when I see my red team vs the enemy green-purple team. I still try my best, but it feels a lot harder if I am on a losing streak and see lots of "bots" again and again by my side.

3. I think I can rely on a player who is with me on my flank, only to be let down because he sucks in high tier battles and he/she only plays lowtiers and pads his stats like that.

4. I don't feel that it is helping me that much anymore. Some useful features from the past are now in the vanilla client, the spotted/not spotted icons and autoreturn crews/equipment features are the last ones missing in my opinion.

Let's try to stay constructive here, and don't start hating now. How was the post XVM experience for players who used it extensively in the past?

Igor_BL #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37527 battles

The only reason i really use XVM is to know on which bobs in my team i cant rely and to spot rerolls in enemy team to prepare for HEAT-spam.

All other features i consider as bonus (the good things you already mentioned).

edit: if we are going to discuss XVM in general, i would vote today to remove it from game.

Edited by Igor_BL, 29 September 2017 - 08:44 AM.

uglycousin #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostIgor_BL, on 29 September 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

The only reason i really use XVM is to know on which bobs in my team i cant rely and to spot rerolls in enemy team to prepare for HEAT-spam.

All other features i consider as bonus (the good things you already mentioned).

edit: if we are going to discuss XVM in general, i would vote today to remove it from game.

I think that if WG implements garage clock, spotted/not spotted, autoreturn crews/equipment ... there is no real reason to keep it around anymore,

Igor_BL #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37527 battles

yep...

When patch comes out, i play meaby 2-3 weeks vanilla, and I enjoy it.
Then i get pissed off because of some premium ammo lover, instal XVM, then get pissed off because of XVM...
It's a loop.

I think that removing XVM from game would help a lot.
To reduce premium ammo spam, toxic chat, teamdmg, yolo rush, suicide tanks, etc etc.

jack_timber #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32474 battles

Yes used to use QB mods what I found useful was the garage clock, can't say I used XVM I like surprises.

Post QB didn't really miss it so now plain old WoT.

LordStaufen #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31446 battles
  • [-V-A-] -V-A-

I was using XVM for a long time. A year ago, I uninstalled all mods. At first I felt kind of "blind" and "naked". After 2 weeks all of that was gone. Since then, I'm healed.

Uninstall it and live a few weeks with the withdrawal symptoms. After that, you won't be a XVM junkie anymore. Feels damn good. Not even your stats will suffer in the long run.

Edited by LordStaufen, 29 September 2017 - 09:04 AM.

Kozzy #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postuglycousin, on 29 September 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

I was thinking about uninstalling XVM. I am using QuickyBaby's modpack right now. And what I find most convenient about it is:

1. Garage clock.

2. Autoreturn crews and equipment. For people with lots of tanks, this is a very useful feature.

3. Very useful feature showing who was spotted and who was not on the enemy team. Sometimes I use that feature to know when I can safely flank the enemy team and exploit a gap in their lines.

4. Seeing who I can rely more on my team.

Why I want to uninstall it?

1. Kinda got bored of it and I think it crashes my game from time to time.

2. Sometimes my morale drops a bit when I see my red team vs the enemy green-purple team. I still try my best, but it feels a lot harder if I am on a losing streak and see lots of "bots" again and again by my side.

3. I think I can rely on a player who is with me on my flank, only to be let down because he sucks in high tier battles and he/she only plays lowtiers and pads his stats like that.

4. I don't feel that it is helping me that much anymore. Some useful features from the past are now in the vanilla client, the spotted/not spotted icons and autoreturn crews/equipment features are the last ones missing in my opinion.

Let's try to stay constructive here, and don't start hating now. How was the post XVM experience for players who used it extensively in the past?

I have his mod for most of the reasons you posted.  You do realise that you can have his mod and just not enable stats showing? (i.e. don't log into XVM and enable/update stats).  That way you have all the pros of the mod and none of the worry about team colours/chance to win etc.

c0keb0ttle #8 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18162 battles

I have XVM installed for some of the extra functionality, like equipment auto-return and auto-login, but I haven't had winchance prediction or playerstats turned on for a long time. Much better without that.

HaZardeur #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
Used it till around 18 month ago... only missing J1mB0's crosshair & last game/session stats.

Edited by HaZardeur, 29 September 2017 - 09:08 AM.

uglycousin #10 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostKozzy, on 29 September 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

I have his mod for most of the reasons you posted.  You do realise that you can have his mod and just not enable stats showing? (i.e. don't log into XVM and enable/update stats).  That way you have all the pros of the mod and none of the worry about team colours/chance to win etc.

I tried that once, I annoyed the hell out of me with some weird little visual errors. Maybe also due to the fact I play the game on a Mac and could be some issues with the client being ported and all.

View PostLordStaufen, on 29 September 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

I was using XVM for a long time. A year ago, I uninstalled all mods. At first I felt kind of "blind" and "naked". After 2 weeks all of that was gone. Since then, I'm healed.

Uninstall it and live a few weeks with the withdrawal symptoms. After that, you won't be a XVM junkie anymore. Feels damn good. Not even your stats will suffer in the long run.

I think I will try just that when new patch arrives.

View Postc0keb0ttle, on 29 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

I have XVM installed for some of the extra functionality, like equipment auto-return and auto-login, but I haven't had winchance prediction or playerstats turned on for a long time. Much better without that.

Same here, win-chance was truly cancerous. Much better without, disabled that like a year ago I think. :great:

OneSock #11 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34000 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I'm pondering the same issue from the other side of the coin. I've not used XVM for a long time and can't decide whether to install it or not.

Problem is I dont want to for the reasons you have listed. it's just depressing. However, i can think of over a dozen times this week where I'v thought, I wish I knew how good this player is. It's useful to know how good your opponent is or how good your team mates are. 

Thing is, it is a team game and often you do have to count on your team mates.

The_Georgian_One #12 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35225 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

You can have all the mods you listed without displaying stats in-game. Aslain's pack with user-friendly installer allows you to select it.

I disabled stats a good while ago, it really helped lessen my frustration with the game.

LR130 #13 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15409 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

I use Aslain mod-pack, but the only features i have enabled are session stats in garage (Yassenkrassen), battle tier and MOE in garage. In game i only use zoom out mod to 100 m, i hardly ever us it while playing, but it´s soon much more entertaining when you watch some one play after you get rekt, where your not "stuck" to watch their turret, but can see almost the entire battlefield. ( i hope they will make all of this as a part of vanilla client)

I disable XMV 1 month ago, and it´s so much more relaxing without it. It also makes me less toxic in chat. And i dont need xvm to tell me who is a decent player or not...that you see quite fast during the first minute of battle.

Bora_BOOM #14 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 21512 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

People just should split things from each other: XVM and mods.

I have ran XVM in past but uninstalled for almost two years now. People can’t agree whether its more helpful than its not and I would say its bit of the both. Since I have chosen to uninstall it, we know which category I am in. My sum up would be:

- my performance improved - I imagine that the negatives it can cause for a inexperienced player are bigger than its positives

- better game experience, I don’t get "upset" with the uneven skill distribution any more. Will not mention win chance, that’s the most idiotic thing in XVM

- I approach every player with the same caution and rather sooner than later I know what am fighting against or with

- colors can be deceiving, especially what you have said: good stats at low tiers and failing at top tiers. It also applies to players getting better but having "xvm" camo....

- sometimes curiosity bugs me to try it again, usually when I have bad games and would like to know what where the teams like. But "reason always prevails" and I just check after the battle.

As for mods, which are useful, keep them as long as they not hinder anything within the game - aim, movement, etc. Almost all of my mods are garage related (gold/free exp lock, return equipment, clock, 3 rows carousel, session log) and the moment WG gets that in vanilla I will stop using any.

My suggestion: try without XVM for a month. Then you will see what to do next. Easy.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 29 September 2017 - 10:05 AM.

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41501 battles

View PostLR130, on 29 September 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I use Aslain mod-pack, but the only features i have enabled are session stats in garage (Yassenkrassen), battle tier and MOE in garage. In game i only use zoom out mod to 100 m, i hardly ever us it while playing, but it´s soon much more entertaining when you watch some one play after you get rekt, where your not "stuck" to watch their turret, but can see almost the entire battlefield. ( i hope they will make all of this as a part of vanilla client)

I disable XMV 1 month ago, and it´s so much more relaxing without it. It also makes me less toxic in chat. And i dont need xvm to tell me who is a decent player or not...that you see quite fast during the first minute of battle.

I have nearly exactly the same setup. I have just left the features in that WG forgot implement, I also like the 2 carousel tank thing in garage as well and the crew informer on backspace can be useful sometime so you can check what your crew skills are in game ( great for checking if you have six sense ). XVM stats just muddle my thinking when I am playing, I removed mine about 2 months ago and my stats are now starting to get better as I'm totally focusing on my game rather than others.

shishx_the_animal #16 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30749 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME
Do me a favour uglycousin and just delete it. Do it for me, please!

Bora_BOOM #17 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 21512 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 29 September 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Do me a favour uglycousin and just delete it. Do it for me, please!

And one Fort Knox later he did. :trollface:

Edit: stupid me! :facepalm:  Send that Fort Knox to me and I will "do my best" to persuade my Dinger-mate... Rusty will gladly help, his inquisition methods are quite effective. :hiding:

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 29 September 2017 - 10:10 AM.

iztok #18 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Not using XVM for a year or so. The ONLY thing that I miss is win chance prediction, to give me a hint how to play.

Bora_BOOM #19 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 21512 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postiztok, on 29 September 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Not using XVM for a year or so. The ONLY thing that I miss is win chance prediction, to give me a hint how to play.

1. Open notepad.exe

2. Type "what is the winchance?"

3. Select all, Ctrl+C

4. Game countdown: Ctrl+V

Many of the team-mates might get pi..ed off but who cares about morale...

Your welcome. :playing:

Jumping_Turtle #20 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60450 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postiztok, on 29 September 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

That is not in xvm anymore for a few patches now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users