Bring back confrontation and make WOT Great Again. It will increase your profits!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Max_Tesla #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

Reposting my post from last year :D Since I have played some wot again. 

Bring back confrontation and make WOT Great Again. Or I might one day create my own WW2 tank game where one can fight as one nation against another, so instead of that happening, you guys should do it, and also bringing back confrontation will increase your average profit and increase customer retention.

I have been waiting for years for it to come back and since it hasn’t I am writing this post.

First for anyone who doesn’t know confrontation is where nation A fights nation B unlike now with mixed teams.

And of course when I am talking about confrontation I mean the big 4, Britain, America, Germany and The Soviet Union, I am not talking about the smaller nation they can have random battles just as now.

I also know that even though I am talking about the BIG 4 lots of people will start talking about the smaller nations and how they have too few tanks for such a thing, even though I am talking about the big 4.

Confrontation should be standard for all players but one can, if one wants, opt out.

It should not however be opt in, because lots for people will never know about it.

And again I am talking about the Big 4

NOW THE PROBLEM WAS

The problem was that lots of German tanker were unhappy that they didn't win each and every single game with their Tigers and they complained and complained and complained, so WOT took away confrontation.

However this is a huge profit opportunity, the same German tankers will scream and foam from their mouths that they are losing with their tanks and will of course write many forum posts and yes send in lots of ticket BUT ALSO they will buy GOLD to get premium shells because they MUST win. Not only will they buy gold for premium shells they will also buy silver and they will buy premium days, again because they are screaming, foaming and shaking in their rage that they are not winning every single battle with their Tigers. They will of course threaten to leave and yell this and that, but at the end of the day they will be spending more and more money.

So bringing back confrontation will not only make WOT Great Again, but also increase your profits by at least 30%.

Also many other people want to play as Nation A vs Nation B, so normal people will play more often and stay with WOT longer = more profit.

Now about confrontation it is my opinion that one should be able to choose only confrontation in options and skip random battles all together, in addition to that, one should be able to select which nation/s one wishes to fight against, this again I believe will increase the profits for WOT. So for example I should be able to select that I only want to fight against Britain or any of the big 4 nations.

Confrontation should count as any random battles when it comes to experience, credits, missions, etc.

Now AFTER the big 4 have been installed and only AFTER, there should also be an option to choose Allies vs Axis, this way the smaller nations France, Japan and China can get to play. So you have America, Britain, China, France and the Soviet Union on one side vs Germany and Japan on the other side. And again this should only be an extra to the big 4, do not ONLY install Axis vs Allies, it will not increase profits as much. 

And again install confrontation for the big 4 first, evaluate it for maybe 6-8 months then maybe just maybe install Axis vs Allies

Sweden and Czechoslovakia would be totally out of this and only have random battles, since Sweden was somewhat Neutral and Czechoslovakia was split up and stuff happened and this might offend some people and it is basically not worth placing them in Axis, so just have them out of it.

Bringing back confrontation will possibly increase your profits with 30% or maybe even more, and as a reward you could give me a small gift of a few million Gold coins and a special KV2 that is as fast as the BT-SV, has 999 shells reloads and aims at 1 second, has the same 152mm gun and does the same damage :D

Bring back confrontation and make WOT Great Again!

cro001 #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29724 battles
Confrontation was great! I really enjoyed 15 tier 8s vs 15 tier 10s games. Was really fun. /sarcasm

Dava_117 #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I can't say if you're trolling or not.

BTW, I missed confrontation mod and I would like to slam nazis with my soviet tanks.

But I have some doubt about it:

1) Why not add also Japan? It fought in WW2 so it should be there

2) How would confrontation mode influence the already problematic mm?

3) How mach time would require mm to create a balanced team? Cause nation is an additional constraint that mm should apply and thus it increase the time before battle.

Max_Tesla #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

View Postcro001, on 29 September 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Confrontation was great! I really enjoyed 15 tier 8s vs 15 tier 10s games. Was really fun. /sarcasm

Confrontation was when you had 2 teams fighting each other just like now in random battles, but where both teams were made up of vehicles only from 1 nation each. So one team had for example only British vehicles, the other team had for example only American vehicles.

SuperLowIQplayer #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 405 battles
It should be an optional gamemode, it was great i really enjoyed it as well despite the balancing issues. I mean tiger II's vs IS3's isnt really a fair fight lol. 

Max_Tesla #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

View PostDava_117, on 29 September 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

I can't say if you're trolling or not.

BTW, I missed confrontation mod and I would like to slam nazis with my soviet tanks.

But I have some doubt about it:

1) Why not add also Japan? It fought in WW2 so it should be there

2) How would confrontation mode influence the already problematic mm?

3) How mach time would require mm to create a balanced team? Cause nation is an additional constraint that mm should apply and thus it increase the time before battle.

It is always trolls who start each post with "I can't tell if you are tolling" and then they self troll away.

You do not even read what I write, again another troll move. And ask questions which are answered in the original post. But YOU can't tell if I am trolling. 

So let me write it again; FIRST they would install the big 4, just to see how it works out, then after time perhaps 6-8 months, they would install axis vs allies.

It would be exactly them same mm as the game is now EXCEPT you would have pure nation teams, all other things except this 1 factor are the same.

MM is a completely different conversation.

All game mechanics are the same EXCEPT, pure nation teams. And if mm is something you want changed, well then you should be for the re-installation of confrontation because that means more money for WOT and more money to hire more people.

View PostSuperLowIQplayer, on 29 September 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

It should be an optional gamemode, it was great i really enjoyed it as well despite the balancing issues. I mean tiger II's vs IS3's isnt really a fair fight lol. 

Yeah I want it back.

Nothing is ever perfect, but I want it back.

So much so that I even make posts about it.

Coldspell #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19487 battles
The Germans were not weakest it was actually the Russians getting trashed at higher tiers because a lot of the most played ruskie tanks of the time had terribad viewrange. On some maps the ruskies would be down 3-4 tanks before they spotted the enemy.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMax_Tesla, on 29 September 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

It is always trolls who start each post with "I can't tell if you are tolling" and then they self troll away.

You do not even read what I write, again another troll move. And ask questions which are answered in the original post. But YOU can't tell if I am trolling. 

So let me write it again; FIRST they would install the big 4, just to see how it works out, then after time perhaps 6-8 months, they would install axis vs allies.

It would be exactly them same mm as the game is now EXCEPT you would have pure nation teams, all other things except this 1 factor are the same.

MM is a completely different conversation.

All game mechanics are the same EXCEPT, pure nation teams. And if mm is something you want changed, well then you should be for the re-installation of confrontation because that means more money for WOT and more money to hire more people.

Well I didn't talk about allys vs axis. I was just stating that add Japan could be a good idea.

For mm problem, was my text not clear? 

Adding a game mode that can potentially drain lots of tanks from just 4-5 nation would surely influence the standard mm. And also the time required by mm to start a game would increse, just because it has more parameters to take into account. Is that increment accettable? 

For the trolling part, sorry if I had doubdt, but starting a thread saying 30% of increments on quetionable basis and ending it with "give me gold and OP tank" for the idea smell of trolling to me...

Celution #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26254 battles

15 Type 5 Heavies vs 15 Maus, that'll be such enjoyable gameplay.. Or the full autoloading French line-ups.. oh god no.

In all seriousness, Confrontation was such a ridiculous game mode that screwed up all forms of team balance and created really boring matches and poor gameplay. It was removed for a reason.

b0d #10 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20080 battles

View PostDava_117, on 29 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Mate not all of those dudes were as you say.  You really should check your facts... for some people there are terrible, terrible memories.  Even today people are still abused in the name of an idea.

Cmon man, this is a tank game forum...

AS for the OP, yes please I'd love to have a go at that.

Edited by b0d, 29 September 2017 - 11:44 AM.

Aikl #11 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25696 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSuperLowIQplayer, on 29 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

It was always optional. Wasn't a good gamemode, but at least something that was a bit 'refreshing'. Same deal as 2014's 'fun modes', they introduced some much needed variety into the game. Football, racing, 8-bit... I miss them a lot - though I wouldn't like stuff like that to become the focus over rebalancing or adding new, "real" permanent content.

(While I don't give a Krupp about stats, excluding it from random battles statistics and providing some reward might help. Doubt there'd be any reason for WG to do it, however. Maybe to let T8s get some less boring single-tier battles, but again no real reason.)

Max_Tesla #12 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

View PostColdspell, on 29 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

The Germans were not weakest it was actually the Russians getting trashed at higher tiers because a lot of the most played ruskie tanks of the time had terribad viewrange. On some maps the ruskies would be down 3-4 tanks before they spotted the enemy.

First thanks for the reply.

Secondly It is Soviet.

Thirdly there is actually a graph over it

http://ftr.wot-news....rate-by-nation/

Just as you say and the graph shows the germans won more in tiers 9-10, but even though they did, the players STILL complained.

The Germans were the ones complaining the most, because they did not win EVERY battle, each and every loss was seen as WRONG and "unhistorical" and "propaganda" and "stalinium". I remember. I REMEMBER!

Now about the actual real win rate as the graph shows. I have wondered if it was perhaps that the people driving german tanks would use premium ammo on average more than the players driving other tanks, at tiers 9-10, perhaps that explains some of the difference, and perhaps view range explains another part of it.

Also wargaming COULD have, at first, confrontation from tier 1-8, since it seems those games were more "balanced". Less premium shells, and a larger mix of players casual, rare and veterans. Just some ideas.

Dava_117 #13 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postb0d, on 29 September 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Mate not all of those dudes where as you say.  You really should check your facts... for some people there are terrible, terrible memories.  Even today people are still abused in the name of an idea.

I wasn't refering to players. :)

But 70% of german tech tree was buit or designed during WW2 era, so under nazism. Just historical correlation.

Edited by Dava_117, 29 September 2017 - 11:41 AM.

SuperLowIQplayer #14 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 405 battles

View Postb0d, on 29 September 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Mate not all of those dudes were as you say.  You really should check your facts... for some people there are terrible, terrible memories.  Even today people are still abused in the name of an idea.

AS for the OP, yes please I'd love to have a go at that.

What if he said he wanted to slam nazis that actually believed in Nazism and wasn't forced by circumstances. Would he be enough politically correct then? 

Temid23 #15 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53560 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostMax_Tesla, on 29 September 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Reposting my post from last year :D Since I have played some wot again. 

(.....................................)

Bring back confrontation and make WOT Great Again!

OP most played tanks (by far): mix of middle/low tier USSR tanks mostly heavies.... :sceptic:

Just get the hell out from here and don't go back until you actually test and understand other nations tanks and a problem with total lack of balance this game mode was.

And to be fair the idea of confrontation mode was great WG implementation no so...

Max_Tesla #16 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

View PostDava_117, on 29 September 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well I didn't talk about allys vs axis. I was just stating that add Japan could be a good idea.

For mm problem, was my text not clear? 

Adding a game mode that can potentially drain lots of tanks from just 4-5 nation would surely influence the standard mm. And also the time required by mm to start a game would increse, just because it has more parameters to take into account. Is that increment accettable? 

For the trolling part, sorry if I had doubdt, but starting a thread saying 30% of increments on quetionable basis and ending it with "give me gold and OP tank" for the idea smell of trolling to me...

A nation needs a minimum requirement amount of tanks before it could be a stand alone, that is why I recommend starting with the BIG 4 since they meet the minimum requirements. Japan does not have enough for that, but axis vs allies would fix that.

The game time would be not be changed much just a few seconds if at all, with 40-60k players online playing it wont change much. AND my whole assumption is based upon that most people would like it when they see it so any increasement, if there is one, won't matter. Depending on how often a confrontation battle starts up, it could affect random battles a bit where you would have a bit more of the minor nations tanks, but again that is neither good or bad, most people wont care if there is 1 or 2 more or less tanks from this or that nation, most won't even notice

About economics, I am quite sure that this would increase the profits from WOT to wargaming because as I wrote, more players would join, more players would stay longer and more players would be buying premium shells. And because I gave them this idea, they could reward me ;) This last part is a half joke part, one needs to read it with a wink.

View PostCelution, on 29 September 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

15 Type 5 Heavies vs 15 Maus, that'll be such enjoyable gameplay.. Or the full autoloading French line-ups.. oh god no.

In all seriousness, Confrontation was such a ridiculous game mode that screwed up all forms of team balance and created really boring matches and poor gameplay. It was removed for a reason.

At first it would be the big 4. So 15 Type4s isnt possible

Secondly with the big 4, it is unlikely that each nation would only have 1 tank type each.

Axis vs Allies would increase the variation even more.

I really liked confrontation and as always one can opt out if one wants out ;)

b0d #17 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20080 battles

View PostSuperLowIQplayer, on 29 September 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

What if he said he wanted to slam nazis that actually believed in Nazism and wasn't forced by circumstances. Would he be enough politically correct then? 

The basic currency of human achievement is cooperation.

Cooperation is only facilitated through empathy.

Turn off your TV, stop reading newspapers.  That way you wont mindlessly repeat innaccurate phrases whose meaning you dont fully understand.

Max_Tesla #18 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12518 battles

View PostTemid23, on 29 September 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

OP most played tanks (by far): mix of middle/low tier USSR tanks mostly heavies.... :sceptic:

Just get the hell out from here and don't go back until you actually test and understand other nations tanks and a problem with total lack of balance this game mode was.

And to be fair the idea of confrontation mode was great WG implementation no so...

I liked it, I want it back

Firs the big 4, then axis vs allies

With axis vs allies, almost all "balance" problems are removed because the variation becomes so large.

Even with just the big 4 the variation is much larger today than it was back then.

SuperLowIQplayer #19 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 405 battles

View Postb0d, on 29 September 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

The basic currency of human achievement is cooperation.

Cooperation is only facilitated through empathy.

Turn off your TV, stop reading newspapers.  That way you wont mindlessly repeat innaccurate phrases whose meaning you dont fully understand.

Uhmm I understand slamming a nazi, like slamming a person, i've seen a person slammed. So i get it. 

I think nazis should have freedom of speech, but i still wish them the worst, amen. 

HugSeal #20 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostMax_Tesla, on 29 September 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

NOW THE PROBLEM WAS

The problem was that lots of German tanker were unhappy that they didn't win each and every single game with their Tigers and they complained and complained and complained, so WOT took away confrontation.

Actually the problem was that it was a horribly unbalanced gamemode that very few people actually liked due to that.

But hey, why let facts bother you when you want to make a point?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users