Notice to Wargaming - personal missions issues

personal mission endless futile attempts matchmaker to blame

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

G01ngToxicCommand0 #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

When I press 'Battle' when trying to do the personal mission, which I think are a great idea, there is this problem that the basic requirements for completing them can not be met due to the matchmaker making it impossible;

Example: trying to complete MT15.3 which is to kill at least 2 enemy TDs at least 1 tier higher than your tank. Should be perfectly doable however when playing any kind of medium tank in the tier 6-9 range the matchmaker decides that there is at best 1 enemy TD at a higher tier than the medium tank played.

The possibility of entering a battle where it can be possible to complete said mission is abyssmally low meaning that it is pointless to play in the battles where the matchmaker has decided that the mission to be impossible to complete.

This gives the player three options, especially for those whose available time for playing WoT is limited:

1) Wasting time playing a full battle of which there is no possible chance of completing the mission.

2) Pressing escape button and leave for garage without playing with the consequences that has.

3) Suicide, either by n00b rushing the enemy as fast as possible or by drowning/diving of a cliff or by other means.

Given that option 1 provides the player with the least opportunity of completing the mission over time option 2 and 3 are, from a time constraint point of view, those that is the most benefitial for the player trying to complete mission if that player is playing the game for the sole reason of completing the personal missions.

I only play WoT for the personal missions BTW and for those only and no longer care for stats, WN8 or how other players perceive of me - I play selfishly now exclusively but only because it is in my interest to do so from a personal mission completion point of view.

If you want players to not play selfishly you should adjust the matchmaker so that when a player pick a tank for completing personal mission the basic prerequisites for doing so should be present in at least 50% of the battles instead of 1-5% it is now.

I do not expect others to agree with my actions but as mentioned before I play for my self only and I don't care about other players or how my actions affect them anymore - I did at one time but the game decisions made by Wargaming combined with experiencing the WoT community completely removed any kind of respect and empathy for the WoT community as a whole - que my game handle.

atlasapl #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3225 battles
The fact you see these reward tanks in games suggests the missions are not impossible. Plus the fact you (or somebody else) would be prepared to intentionally die quickly or just quit, shows imaturity and a complete lack of team work ethic. You then blame WG as justification for your actions. Hilarious.

Its your right to play as you wish, but its also the right of your teammates to completely ignore you next time you need their help in order to complete some of these missions. The later few recomend platooning with others to complete the tasks. Good look finding anybody to help you with them.

Edited by atlasapl, 29 September 2017 - 04:04 PM.

xtrem3x #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32296 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 September 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

the basic prerequisites for doing so should be present in at least 50% of the battles instead of 1-5% it is now.

So only 1-5 times out of 100 battles you have 2 TD's that are a tier higher?

That's a huge exaggeration. It seems like it isn't often, but I bet at least 1 in every 5 or 6 games you will get 2 TDs that are a tier higher. You've just got frustrated that you haven't managed to complete the mission on these occasions.

I constantly have more than 2 TDs that are a higher tier in my games, especially if I play tier 7 or 8

Edited by xtram3x, 29 September 2017 - 04:33 PM.

_Anarchistic_ #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39048 battles

it does seem a consistent pain with the missions, I often wondered if the mission conditions altered the MM but I got there in then end and tonight finally got the 260.

best advice I can give is play the game first and don't worry too much about the mission, they will sort themselves if you just play well

MickShagger #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17398 battles
Agree with TS, many of these missions are so dependent on rng and/or mm. LT7 and MT15 for example and now HT12. For the last one you need a good map and no arty. But of course there is arty in like every 9 out of 10 games to [edited]up your missions.

K_A #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Many of the personal missions will change next patch.

Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 September 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

When I press 'Battle' when trying to do the personal mission, which I think are a great idea, there is this problem that the basic requirements for completing them can not be met due to the matchmaker making it impossible;

Example: trying to complete MT15.3 which is to kill at least 2 enemy TDs at least 1 tier higher than your tank. Should be perfectly doable however when playing any kind of medium tank in the tier 6-9 range the matchmaker decides that there is at best 1 enemy TD at a higher tier than the medium tank played.

The possibility of entering a battle where it can be possible to complete said mission is abyssmally low meaning that it is pointless to play in the battles where the matchmaker has decided that the mission to be impossible to complete.

This gives the player three options, especially for those whose available time for playing WoT is limited:

1) Wasting time playing a full battle of which there is no possible chance of completing the mission.

2) Pressing escape button and leave for garage without playing with the consequences that has.

3) Suicide, either by n00b rushing the enemy as fast as possible or by drowning/diving of a cliff or by other means.

Given that option 1 provides the player with the least opportunity of completing the mission over time option 2 and 3 are, from a time constraint point of view, those that is the most benefitial for the player trying to complete mission if that player is playing the game for the sole reason of completing the personal missions.

I only play WoT for the personal missions BTW and for those only and no longer care for stats, WN8 or how other players perceive of me - I play selfishly now exclusively but only because it is in my interest to do so from a personal mission completion point of view.

If you want players to not play selfishly you should adjust the matchmaker so that when a player pick a tank for completing personal mission the basic prerequisites for doing so should be present in at least 50% of the battles instead of 1-5% it is now.

I do not expect others to agree with my actions but as mentioned before I play for my self only and I don't care about other players or how my actions affect them anymore - I did at one time but the game decisions made by Wargaming combined with experiencing the WoT community completely removed any kind of respect and empathy for the WoT community as a whole - que my game handle.

To be brutally honest, I have rarely set out to complete a mission on purpose - they just sort of 'happen'.

Nice Brucie Bonus when they do tho :)

G01ngToxicCommand0 #8 Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View Postatlasapl, on 29 September 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

The fact you see these reward tanks in games suggests the missions are not impossible. Plus the fact you (or somebody else) would be prepared to intentionally die quickly or just quit, shows imaturity and a complete lack of team work ethic. You then blame WG as justification for your actions. Hilarious.

Its your right to play as you wish, but its also the right of your teammates to completely ignore you next time you need their help in order to complete some of these missions. The later few recomend platooning with others to complete the tasks. Good look finding anybody to help you with them.

I clearly stated why I play, which is: Only for personal missions and I have zero interest in any other feature of the game.

The problem is that the game have zero incentives for playing a specific battle when the prerequisites for completing mission is made impossible due to matchmaking team distribution.

For players such as I, who has only a very limited time each week for playing wot and who only play for the personal missions and who do not care about winrate or stats there is absolutely zero incentive in playing the full time of any battle if that battle provides zero percent chance of completing a mission as that will be wasting the meager time available for playing the game. In that sense Wargaming gives players such as myself an incentive to suicide or leave the game early as that is my objective interest to do so, in order to maximise the possibility of ending up in a battle where the prerequisites for completing a mission is present, but no objective interest to play the battle to the end.

Any decisions I make for suiciding is a deliberate and calculated act in which I weigh pros and cons for remaining in battle, if I need silver there is that incentive to stay but if not remaining is simply wasting my time. As I said in the OP because of playing WoT I do not care what consequences my actions has on other players as that is exactly how the WoT community in general is behaving.

View Postxtram3x, on 29 September 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

So only 1-5 times out of 100 battles you have 2 TD's that are a tier higher?

That's a huge exaggeration. It seems like it isn't often, but I bet at least 1 in every 5 or 6 games you will get 2 TDs that are a tier higher. You've just got frustrated that you haven't managed to complete the mission on these occasions.

I constantly have more than 2 TDs that are a higher tier in my games, especially if I play tier 7 or 8

I had a little over 2 hours available for playing WoT yesterday, don't know how many games I played though, and during that time I played only medium tanks and had 1 game where there were 2 tds above my own tier, i fucked it up though so my own bad there, but having 1 game in 2 hours in which to complete a mission, that on paper doesn't look hard tbh, in competition with others makes it feel futile to even press battle sometimes.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMickShagger, on 29 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Agree with TS, many of these missions are so dependent on rng and/or mm. LT7 and MT15 for example and now HT12. For the last one you need a good map and no arty. But of course there is arty in like every 9 out of 10 games to [edited]up your missions.

Not read the patch notes have you?

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 29 September 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

To be brutally honest, I have rarely set out to complete a mission on purpose - they just sort of 'happen'.

Nice Brucie Bonus when they do tho :)

This... when you focus on doing it. It will take 10x longer. When you just play normally. You will have done a few before you know it.

Next patch it will go from killing TD's one tier higher, to just do damage to TD's regardless of tier. With secondary changed to "cause damage to  7 vehicles". As most of the missions will be easier... And some Obj missions will be harder. And you also get orders that can be used to skip some missions you "struggle" with. So just relax, play normally and take care of it next patch instead.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 September 2017 - 11:26 AM.

Baldrickk #10 Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 September 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

If you don't care scout actually playing the game properly, we definitely don't care about your problems. 

VeryRisky #11 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 17417 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think a better option would to allow you to have two missions active for each tank class.    Actually they could just make it so if it was that you had only one open for the primary, but a second slot where you could have an improve result mission running, or even a third slot for premium as in WoWs.

speedphlux #12 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44152 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
IMHO, all those "Tier Higher then you" type of missions, should be reworked until WG can fix their "new and improved" (to be read as "stupid and messed up" ) Match Maker.

I'm also trying to re-do MT-15 for the T-55A, before the update comes, to get another Token, and because I also think that it would be easier for me to Kill 2 TDs that at least a Tier higher then me, rather then to deal 2k damage to Tank Destroyers. As soon as activate a type of mission that requires a specific set of opponents - there are none or too few. "Kill 6 tanks of 3 types each" mission ? A game full of Heavies and TDs ... Not a single Light, or Medium, or even Arty ! "Kill 2 (Enemy) Arties " ? Get a streak of no Arty games for hours ! "Block 3 times the amount of HP" ? Roll on the Type 4/5 Heavies on the enemy's team !

Personal Missions - were you have to be really good, or you have to be real lucky ! Coz average skill means nothing, when RNG just chooses that it's not your day. Or week. Or month ... S ? Yeah, good ol' days when I was stuck at MT-12 for the T-55A for 8 freaking months. Oh the joy ! Kappa

Edited by speedphlux, 30 September 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61568 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 September 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I play selfishly now exclusively
I play for my self only and I don't care about other players

Don't you think a solo playing game would be much more suitable for you since you clearly do not care at all about the other players but you are making their enjoyment less and less, since it is a teamgame you know.

Zoggo_ #14 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28129 battles

Personal missions are flawed, nothing more frustrating than picking a mission then come start of the game you have no chance of completing the mission. Example kill 2 tds higher than you, battle starts you top tier. :(

What WG should have/should do is leave all missions for your class active and at end of game you have the option to choose what mission to complete.

Homer_J #15 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZoggo_, on 30 September 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

What WG should have/should do is leave all missions for your class active and at end of game you have the option to choose what mission to complete.

That would defeat the objective of personal missions - to maximise the number of times you press battle.

Bennie182 #16 Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53739 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

they won't read it.

end of story

Baldrickk #17 Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHomer_J, on 30 September 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

That would defeat the objective of personal missions - to maximise the number of times you press battle.

I'll be honest.. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and sell mission completion tokens. 

jabster #18 Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 September 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

I'll be honest.. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and sell mission completion tokens. 

I'm with you on that one and it would also, besides the direct income, stop the giving up on missions a one of them is just to hard.

Homer_J #19 Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 September 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

It could be that orders are the first step toward that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users