Give disrespectful players and spammers a 1-day ban from chat!

ban disrespectful spam spammers

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: BAN FROM CHAT (39 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

1-day ban for bad acting in the chat section or spamming

1. YES! (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. NO (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

Vote Hide poll

sulo_bb #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20223 battles

Dear ''colleagues'' (lol),

I'm really tired of kids/adolescents who think they're better then others and keep writing 'noob heavy', 'noob med', etc.

Ok sometimes you might get angry and write bad things or spam a few times (maybe 10 times), but please, give players who keep insulting and disturb others a warning/punishment. I'm getting rid of it... Ah and I forgot the teamkillers (who do it on purpouse).

My suggestion is to give them a 1-day (or longer) ban from chat. Let's say this; when you get 20+ warnings by other people (for bad act in the chat section) give a one day ban to that person. Maybe this can be a solution against bad acting players. Like the one our ban when 3x team hits...

What do you people think about this??

(The video is just an example of what happens during a discussion or afterwards :/ )

AvengerOrion #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25351 battles
I am sure everyone will quake in their boots by the idea of not being able to use ingame chat for a day.

qpranger #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsulo_bb, on 29 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm really tired of kids/adolescents who think they're better then others and keep writing 'noob heavy', 'noob med', etc.

Sometimes they are indeed better than others.

sgtYester #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53368 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

*edited*

Edited by Jbnn, 30 September 2017 - 09:11 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

_snowfIake__ #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26580 battles
I agree, one day chat ban would be nice. All those one week or ten day chat bans I've had are a bit annoying.

Edited by RenamedUser_504592051, 29 September 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yupp. Harsher penalities for immature brats would be nice.

But we already had this between 20 and 159 times...

Edited by Jigabachi, 29 September 2017 - 05:59 PM.

_Bundesheer_ #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29505 battles
The more useless a team member is the higher the probability that this member will be insulted.

MarcoStrapone #8 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34048 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
getting 3 days every week, not somethhing special. this game is compatitive and  i would do what  i think is best to get the SRV 103 to move up his  A55 and help the team to win, rather than think for himself stat.

Aikl #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'm guessing it's not really disrespectful to verbally abuse players who kind of deserve it? Think E100/IS-7 that believes his call is that of a TD.

_Great_Cyrus_ #10 Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18875 battles

NOPE

Edited by _Great_Cyrus_, 30 September 2017 - 12:30 AM.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #11 Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View Postsulo_bb, on 29 September 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

Ok sometimes you might get angry and write bad things or spam a few times (maybe 10 times), but please, give players who keep insulting and disturb others a warning/punishment. I'm getting rid of it... Ah and I forgot the teamkillers (who do it on purpouse).

My suggestion is to give them a 1-day (or longer) ban from chat. Let's say this; when you get 20+ warnings by other people (for bad act in the chat section) give a one day ban to that person. Maybe this can be a solution against bad acting players. Like the one our ban when 3x team hits...

What do you people think about this??

(The video is just an example of what happens during a discussion or afterwards :/ )

How many times do you whining cretins have to be told that all your problems can go away if you disable game chat and messages from people that is not on the friends list?

It is the same whining and special snowflake threads over and over and over and over again all the time. Grow a pair for Pete' sake and accept that you are not a special snowflake that deserves respect from others, clearly you don't so suck it up and go play the game instead of chosing to be offended like some insecure teenager that can't handle life.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 30 September 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

How many times do you whining cretins have to be told that all your problems can go away if you disable game chat and messages from people that is not on the friends list?

Yes, ignoring things fixes so many problems.

You forgot that the chat is full of crap anyway.

Another option would be to simply close your eyes while playing.

jabster #13 Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAikl, on 29 September 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

I'm guessing it's not really disrespectful to verbally abuse players who kind of deserve it? Think E100/IS-7 that believes his call is that of a TD.

Firstly I'm really not sure that not being good at pixel tanks means players deserve to be verbally abused especially when other players know that the game is set-up to appeal to players across the skill spectrum. Secondly trying to 'hide' behind the excuse of well it's because they're really bad players seems somewhat wrong. It seems a lot of the obnoxious chat comes from something went wrong but that can't possibly be my fault so who can I blame?

G01ngToxicCommand0 #14 Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 30 September 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Another option would be to simply close your eyes while playing.

Isn't that what most players are doing?:trollface:

Press2ForSkill #15 Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View Postjabster, on 30 September 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Firstly I'm really not sure that not being good at pixel tanks means players deserve to be verbally abused especially when other players know that the game is set-up to appeal to players across the skill spectrum. Secondly trying to 'hide' behind the excuse of well it's because they're really bad players seems somewhat wrong. It seems a lot of the obnoxious chat comes from something went wrong but that can't possibly be my fault so who can I blame?

If teammates are terrible, and I do 6k→7k dmg, who should be blamed? Yeah many 48% winrate terrible players cry in chat that the team sucks but they suck even more, that's stupid, but if someone actually DID DO GOOD, i don't blame them for being pi$$ed off at the terrible team

and btw why did u never respond to me hmm? After i showed you the proof and everything, then u magically disappeared off Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 02 October 2017 - 10:13 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Derethim #16 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17100 battles

You know what's annoying and unignorable?

That incessant clicking, when somebody is clicking the map sector like a lunatic.

Which reminds me of this:

EDIT: Second quote

Edited by Derethim, 30 September 2017 - 01:07 PM.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 30 September 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Firstly I'm really not sure that not being good at pixel tanks means players deserve to be verbally abused [...].

That really depends on your interpretation of abuse.

If you have a player who didn't manage to learn the very basics of the game after 10k matches and who completely ignores every kind of communication attempt, I find it quite ok to let them know how much they suck and how they ruin the game for everyone else.

BUT: That is perfectly possible to do WITHOUT bombarding them with heavy insults. That is what people don't seem to understand.

jabster #18 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJigabachi, on 30 September 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

That really depends on your interpretation of abuse.

If you have a player who didn't manage to learn the very basics of the game after 10k matches and who completely ignores every kind of communication attempt, I find it quite ok to let them know how much they suck and how they ruin the game for everyone else.

BUT: That is perfectly possible to do WITHOUT bombarding them with heavy insults. That is what people don't seem to understand.

Well I do understand that but I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant. How many truly awful players are there, yet this is put forward as why it's ok to be obnoxious.

jeffrey_mk2 #19 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12159 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

Just give those people a chat ban , yesterday one of those map clickers annoyed me as hell and I couldn concentrate and we lost.

He was clicking like 2 minutes long me on the minimap untill I was wrecked.

After game he even felt the need to say I was useless and did nothing but I did 980 spotting dmg , 1600 dmg done to enemy in a tier 8 game with the cromwell.

He was in a top tier tank and only shot once untill he was wrecked, I ended top xp and 3rd dmg maker in game. 

That guy was just super annoying :P his stats where 48% winrate and 10k games and all other was half what I have.

I said look you did manage to get half xp , have half the stats and start harrasing me and made me not concentrate to win the game.

Also he still said the stats dont say a thing and he was the best player in that particular game , why did I get double xp then ??? He then started swearing certain things.

And then he told me he reported me in game for being inactive and bot?

I said I already reported him for abuse in chat and I wasnt gonna spent any time talking to someone that cant even start a conversation on a normal level.

Guess that guy was quite angry and frustrated at that point , I just put him on the blacklist after that hahaha :trollface: I made his day even worse I think, but that just makes me laugh even more.

Shivva #20 Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29624 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Postjeffrey_mk2, on 30 September 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Just give those people a chat ban , yesterday one of those map clickers annoyed me as hell and I couldn concentrate and we lost.

He was clicking like 2 minutes long me on the minimap untill I was wrecked.

After game he even felt the need to say I was useless and did nothing but I did 980 spotting dmg , 1600 dmg done to enemy in a tier 8 game with the cromwell.

He was in a top tier tank and only shot once untill he was wrecked, I ended top xp and 3rd dmg maker in game. 

That guy was just super annoying :P his stats where 48% winrate and 10k games and all other was half what I have.

I said look you did manage to get half xp , have half the stats and start harrasing me and made me not concentrate to win the game.

Also he still said the stats dont say a thing and he was the best player in that particular game , why did I get double xp then ??? He then started swearing certain things.

And then he told me he reported me in game for being inactive and bot?

I said I already reported him for abuse in chat and I wasnt gonna spent any time talking to someone that cant even start a conversation on a normal level.

Guess that guy was quite angry and frustrated at that point , I just put him on the blacklist after that hahaha :trollface: I made his day even worse I think, but that just makes me laugh even more.

yeah I'm sure you made his day absolutely terrible by putting him on your blacklist (although it sounds as if he managed to upset you a lot more than you did him).....or you could do what grownups do and just ignore the immature ramblings of him.

Also tagged with ban, disrespectful, spam, spammers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users