Jump to content


Suggestion : Event calendar.

Website Event Calendar Tracking Specials

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

LastGod #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10697 battles
  • 18
  • [SOS_] SOS_
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
I have no idea why there isnt an event calendar or something of the sort for the EU server... the US server already has it. I asked support and all they did was tell me to post it here... and so I am. I dont know how effective it will be but please like/comment or whatever to get them to notice and finally implement it for the EU server as well, because it's [edited]horrible to spend some cash or w/e on tanks, equip or camo and 2 days later they announce discounts... we should be aware in advance when such specials and events will be on so we can prepare accordingly.

Derethim #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17640 battles
  • 1,983
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
You never know when the discounts strike - that's the way they should work. That's marketing for you. Otherwise, Wargaming as a company would lose money, because they'd be selling it under the price they want to sell it at.

LastGod #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10697 battles
  • 18
  • [SOS_] SOS_
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostDerethim, on 29 September 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

You never know when the discounts strike - that's the way they should work. That's marketing for you. Otherwise, Wargaming as a company would lose money, because they'd be selling it under the price they want to sell it at.

 

Why is that the way it should work, to begin with they already, as I said, have this implemented in their US server. Not only that, I'm not saying "give us your yearly plan", but at least more than a day of heads up. It feels incredibly disgusting to buy a tank (or anything) and get an announcement the next day that they will be doing a discount the day after. It's so disgusting, in fact, that it makes me not want to buy anything, full stop.

Edited by LastGod, 29 September 2017 - 05:18 PM.


Derethim #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17640 battles
  • 1,983
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostLastGod, on 29 September 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

 

Why is that the way it should work, to begin with they already, as I said, have this implemented in their US server. Not only that, I'm not saying "give us your yearly plan", but at least more than a day of heads up. It feels incredibly disgusting to buy a tank (or anything) and get an announcement the next day that they will be doing a discount the day after. It's so disgusting, in fact, that it makes me not want to buy anything, full stop.

 

More than a day heads-up would be nice though, really.

Heads up before patches, big sales, specifics on each weekend as to what will be on sale and anything like that.

 

They cater to the NA server a bit more - look at the gold prices if you want to buy gold. They get better sales and stuff, because WoT isn't so popular in NA.



LastGod #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10697 battles
  • 18
  • [SOS_] SOS_
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostDerethim, on 29 September 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

 

More than a day heads-up would be nice though, really.

Heads up before patches, big sales, specifics on each weekend as to what will be on sale and anything like that.

 

They cater to the NA server a bit more - look at the gold prices if you want to buy gold. They get better sales and stuff, because WoT isn't so popular in NA.

 

Precisely, it doesnt need to be something grand, just a bit more info, a bit earlier, would be nice and they already have the means of doing it, so they have 0 excuse to not just copy-paste it (and, sure, it might be a bit more difficult than that, but you get the point), hopefully we just need to push them.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49185 battles
  • 8,235
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

We used to have en events calendar it wasn't amazing but worked pretty good.not talking about sales and discounts just general information on the vent.

So you knew there was an event coming up called Tobruk that gave you a fairly good idea that any tank discounts and missions would be aimed at British and German tanks.

You knew that in 2 or 3 weeks it was happening.

 

Then that event calendar vanished and was replaced by a more complicated one that looked very drab and uninteresting "wargaming are masters at using not just 50 shades of grey but also Brown" red blue green yellow nope it must be grey brown or black. occasionally something will be in green like when you complete a mission or dark red if unavailable.

Not only that but the concept of light ink on dark back ground or dark in on light background also has no place.

Dark ink on a slightly but not much lighter background.

 

Anyway that event calendar vanished and we are up to date.

The NA server had a much better idea of Style and use of colour which is surprising who would have thought when it comes to web design the French would lag behind America.

Sadly NA now seems to be copying EU and are becoming less attractive and more like NA

Still much better at the moment.

NA players know the M56 Scorpion will be on sale on October 26th so they can plan ahead and not buy some other premium with the money.

They also know that October 6-10th will be a crew special on retraining and a lot of other useful information

 

 

https://worldoftanks...vents-overview/



LastGod #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10697 battles
  • 18
  • [SOS_] SOS_
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostGremlin182, on 29 September 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

We used to have en events calendar it wasn't amazing but worked pretty good.not talking about sales and discounts just general information on the vent.

So you knew there was an event coming up called Tobruk that gave you a fairly good idea that any tank discounts and missions would be aimed at British and German tanks.

You knew that in 2 or 3 weeks it was happening.

 

Then that event calendar vanished and was replaced by a more complicated one that looked very drab and uninteresting "wargaming are masters at using not just 50 shades of grey but also Brown" red blue green yellow nope it must be grey brown or black. occasionally something will be in green like when you complete a mission or dark red if unavailable.

Not only that but the concept of light ink on dark back ground or dark in on light background also has no place.

Dark ink on a slightly but not much lighter background.

 

Anyway that event calendar vanished and we are up to date.

The NA server had a much better idea of Style and use of colour which is surprising who would have thought when it comes to web design the French would lag behind America.

Sadly NA now seems to be copying EU and are becoming less attractive and more like NA

Still much better at the moment.

NA players know the M56 Scorpion will be on sale on October 26th so they can plan ahead and not buy some other premium with the money.

They also know that October 6-10th will be a crew special on retraining and a lot of other useful information

 

 

https://worldoftanks...vents-overview/

 

And wouldnt it be nice to get such a calendar back ? A working one. We can do it, we should do iiit, hooray!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users