Arty Stun Hatet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Frankenstein_42 #1 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8254 battles

Hey Guys!

I think the arty stun mechanics is why everyone still hates arty...

yes the damage have been reduced but the stun is so bad and annoying.

I think arty wouldn't be that much hatet if the stun would be removed

sry btw for my bad english

Frankenstein_42

Cannes76 #2 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66544 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

I don't agree. If arty has a place in the game, I think the stun mechanic with reduced damage is the right choice.

The reason I still hate arty is the damage that rains down from the skies, not the stun effect.

Derethim #3 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles
Imho, most arty pieces ingame, excluding Bert and leFH should do less damage, more splash and get more refire rate, so that playing arty isn't so boring.

Userext #4 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostDerethim, on 30 September 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

and get more refire rate, so that playing arty isn't so boring.

So you want people to camp more?

If they won't reduce module damage, there is no point increasing RoF. We don't want pre-nerf berts everywhere spamming tanks with 100 damage HE shells every 5 seconds.

Sfinski #5 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31717 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 30 September 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

Nope. Its the indirect fire.

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 30 September 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

sry btw for my bad english

Frankenstein_42

Everyone?

You DO NOT speak for everyone pal.

Derethim #7 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostSfinski, on 30 September 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Nope. Its the indirect fire.

This exactly.

View PostUserext, on 30 September 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

So you want people to camp more?

If they won't reduce module damage, there is no point increasing RoF. We don't want pre-nerf berts everywhere spamming tanks with 100 damage HE shells every 5 seconds.

Look, this is not an FPS game and being patient and "camping" is a tactic in WoT.

And you didn't even read my post whole, classic - I said except the Bert and the leFH. Which basically means, anything with already good refire rate, shouldn't get the buff.

Why the buff?

Because arty isn't overpowered.

It can be annoying sometimes, yes, but it's not OP.

Userext #8 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostDerethim, on 30 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

And you didn't even read my post whole, classic - I said except the Bert and the leFH. Which basically means, anything with already good refire rate, shouldn't get the buff

Oh the irony

I didn't say bert will be strong I said everything else will be like bert.

And no, the level of camping caused by arty is not a tactic. It's due to fear of getting hit by arty and taking unneccessary, unaccounted damage so if you increase RoF while leaving module damage so high, then what's going to happen is exactly what happened at 304's early days. An HE spamming arty and tanks, especially heavy tanks that can't escape due to constant detracking.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11034 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Jep, still hate arty.

please remove arty!

ExclamationMark #10 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
NO ONE will every be happy with playing against arty, period. Yes the stun mechanic sucks. I still far prefer it to getting 1-shot every few games, or at the very least penned. From recent memory I remember being penned ONCE by arty (in the M48 by an SU14-2 for 1200 damage, which was fun). But hey, it could be worse. Imagine a time when we could have had pre-9.17 arty with current stun mechanics. :trollface:

jack_timber #11 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Well I would never have guessed...

Another arty thread that proposes changes to these fine pieces, never mind the good folk that use them, at least there was no mention of them yet.

At least it's now rare that you are one shotted by them.

Next it will be those invisible TDs....

BTW nowt wrang with your English:)

Derethim #12 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostUserext, on 30 September 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Oh the irony

I didn't say bert will be strong I said everything else will be like bert.

And no, the level of camping caused by arty is not a tactic. It's due to fear of getting hit by arty and taking unneccessary, unaccounted damage so if you increase RoF while leaving module damage so high, then what's going to happen is exactly what happened at 304's early days. An HE spamming arty and tanks, especially heavy tanks that can't escape due to constant detracking.

If you decrease the damage, it's going to be fine. Guess what would people do without arty?

They'd camp their asses off. Arty makes this game acceptably hard for me - I not only have to think aboutthe enemy tanks spotting me and hitting me from a certain angle, I have to move from cover to cover and count with the enemy arty's reload time. I'm pro nerfing arty, but not removing it - it's a part of this game, better deal with it. There are worse issues with this game than arty like maps and mapsize, OP premium tanks and underpowered old tanks. Arty isn't one of them and can be fixed.

I love arty for one thing - hitting those invisible and invincible camping paper TDs in the back.

I hate it, when driving slow tanks - which should just recieve stronger roof armor to compensate. Especially tanks like T28, T95 and so on.

Userext #13 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostDerethim, on 30 September 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

If you decrease the damage, it's going to be fine. Guess what would people do without arty?

They'd camp their asses off. Arty makes this game acceptably hard for me - I not only have to think aboutthe enemy tanks spotting me and hitting me from a certain angle, I have to move from cover to cover and count with the enemy arty's reload time. I'm pro nerfing arty, but not removing it - it's a part of this game, better deal with it. There are worse issues with this game than arty like maps and mapsize, OP premium tanks and underpowered old tanks. Arty isn't one of them and can be fixed.

I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore this part as I never said remove artillerity. Don't pull strawman arguements, stick to the one we are having or don't argue at all

View PostDerethim, on 30 September 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

I love arty for one thing - hitting those invisible and invincible camping paper TDs in the back.

I hate it, when driving slow tanks - which should just recieve stronger roof armor to compensate. Especially tanks like T28, T95 and so on.

I don't see how this has anything to do with "increase of RoF at arty" suggestion that came from you?

tajj7 #14 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25429 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Stun mechanic is not the problem, stun mechanic has made arty more bearable.

The fundamental issue with arty and why most don't like it, is because it's an easy mode indirect fire class that you cannot counter, you don't know when it's aiming at you and you can do nothing about it.  Nothing is going to change on that front until they basically remove it.

The whole game premise is basically broken by artillery, because every mechanic in the game be it the spotting mechanics, armour mechanics, mobility, the class system etc. really revolves around doing damage without taking it in return.  Arty breaks that because you do damage and pretty much almost never take damage in return, but you have to do nothing or risk nothing to achieve that free damage (cos indirect fire gives it to you).

It would be like playing chess and obeying the rules, then the person you are playing against gets to move every piece as if it was a queen. It is basically an in game cheat. That is why players will never like it in the game and is also why pretty much every multiplayer combat game out there steers clear of indirect fire weapons or classes, or makes them AI controlled or super weak. 

It is simply not fixable because the concept is broken at it's core. AW worked that out pretty quickly, most popular games out there worked it out. 

(also have to LEL at the comment above saying it attacks campers, what is this 2011? that myth was debunked ages ago, if WG admitted arty never did anything to campers and actually caused people to camp more than anything) 

laulaur #15 Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46632 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostExclamationMark, on 30 September 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

But hey, it could be worse. Imagine a time when we could have had pre-9.17 arty with current stun mechanics. :trollface:

VeryRisky #16 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 17399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttajj7, on 30 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Stun mechanic is not the problem, stun mechanic has made arty more bearable.

The fundamental issue with arty and why most don't like it, is because it's an easy mode indirect fire class that you cannot counter, you don't know when it's aiming at you and you can do nothing about it.  Nothing is going to change on that front until they basically remove it.

Spoiler

This is looking it as a 1v1 contest, but this is a team game.   Arty can only damage you if their team spots you, if they prevent your attacks so their arty is safe from attackers.   In arty you are completely dependant on your team to allow you to help them win, you can't solo carry, but you can carry working with your team, it wouldn't be possible to manage good solo WR in SPGs.

So yes I can shoot you and you can't shoot back if you are held up by my team, but if they let you through, the reverse applies and I can only rarely defend direct against the weakest of opponents.

Homer_J #17 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 30 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

I have been playing a lot of arty recently and you are wrong.

People love being stunned by arty.  They must do or they wouldn't sit there waiting for me to whack them every 20 seconds.

japtank #18 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 30 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

the damage have been reduced

ROFLMAO

On arty friendly maps 3k damage is common and today for my daily I did over 2k in Siegfried which is one of the worst arty maps.

Arty has laser accuracy now, my T92 scores damage each shell and the stun is wayyyyyyyyy over the top and needs removed.

Well, arty needs to be removed all together and I have quite my share of arty games :justwait:

Edited by japtank, 30 September 2017 - 06:25 PM.

Aikl #19 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Hardly a surprise; even an S-51 with the 203mm is perfectly decent to play - while pre-9.18 it felt like it hit one shot per game on average. In a way it's good, it's more consistent and less RNG-dependant - but not really when you add in the stun mechanic. That's my personal experience, anyway.

One thing that should be considered is why arty is being kept in the game in the first place. Somehow arty must be important for profit. That's either by 'dedicated arty players' buying Fort Knox packs, or that it is a component of player retention/satisfaction. Wouldn't surprise me if many players played arty to 'relax' after getting clubbed in their T8 medium, in a sense. Might make players feel good when they do decent in at least one type of vehicle.

Due to the personal missions you kind of "have to" play arty, so numbers would be inherently skewed to look like arty was more important for players than it actually is.

Edited by Aikl, 30 September 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Shivvering #20 Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles
If they keep the stun, they should remove the module damage.

Also tagged with Arty, Stun, Hatet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users