Teamkilling in ranked battles.

Ranked Battle Team Killing Harsher Punishment

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Shivvering #1 Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

Just had a ranked game where an utter [edited]-womble in a TD team killed both of our arty at the start of the game.

I get it. You hate arty. Arty focused you in the last game. Whatever. You are still a [edited][edited]. 

This behavior needs to carry a heavier penalty in Ranked. Perhaps if you go blue in ranked - you are locked out of it for the rest of the day. Do it twice, locked out for the stage, do it 3 times, locked out for the season. It's a difficult enough mode at it is, no need to make it more difficult because some individuals throw their toys out of the pram.

WindSpIitter1 #2 Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Alternatively they could remove arty from the mode as it has no business being there to begin with.

Yakito #3 Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18872 battles
Ha. This is precious. I am so happy to hear 2 clickers got what they should get every battle.
I generally put anybody in a tier x arty on my blacklist.

truoste #4 Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles
To be fair, arties tend to be in team of their own. Many times when you circle of facehug an enemy, both teams arties are just as dangerous. I thin what happened is that the poor guy on TD just did preemptive strike but it is hard to say without replay...

uglycousin #5 Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45034 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostShivvering, on 30 September 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Just had a ranked game where an utter [edited]-womble in a TD team killed both of our arty at the start of the game.

I get it. You hate arty. Arty focused you in the last game. Whatever. You are still a [edited][edited]. 

This behavior needs to carry a heavier penalty in Ranked. Perhaps if you go blue in ranked - you are locked out of it for the rest of the day. Do it twice, locked out for the stage, do it 3 times, locked out for the season. It's a difficult enough mode at it is, no need to make it more difficult because some individuals throw their toys out of the pram.

Perhaps both arties were on his blacklist so he decided to have a little bit of revenge for past misshaps?

View PostHeathLedger_, on 01 October 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

Alternatively they could remove arty from the mode as it has no business being there to begin with.

Or better to do just that. Even limiting it to 1 would suffice.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I don't personally like playing arty and am certainly not a fan of it when I become its main focus in a game but that said its a "team" game that has arty in it

​So irrespective of whether you love or loathe arty this type of childishness should be punished severely and instantly

​Personally I reckon a days ban from the game full stop would be "fair" for them doing this, second time a week, third time a permanent ban

​If someone dislikes arty "this" much they should [edited]off an play one of the other games that doesn't have it

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 01 October 2017 - 07:51 AM.

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
#remove arty

Especially from a mode that is supposed to be 'skillbased'.

Shivvering #8 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View PostHeathLedger_, on 01 October 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

So until then it's ok to TK on sight and throw the game for the rest of your team?

jack_timber #9 Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

View PostHeathLedger_, on 30 September 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Want to elaborate as to why or is it just a comment to please the masses?

Thank you kindly.

Edited by jack_timber, 01 October 2017 - 09:15 AM.

_underscored_ #10 Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 58344 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD

Wow some serious WOT player logic going on in this thread.

Shivvering #11 Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Posttruoste, on 01 October 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

To be fair, arties tend to be in team of their own. Many times when you circle of facehug an enemy, both teams arties are just as dangerous. I thin what happened is that the poor guy on TD just did preemptive strike but it is hard to say without replay...

It happened within the first minute of the game.

It happened before any tanks were spotted, let alone face hugged or circle strafed.

It happened before either arty even fired a shot.

But no, you are right. Replay or it didn't happen, eh? Couldn't have happened like someone said it did. You carry on white-knighting these dickheads, let them justify their behavior by making stupid [edited]comments like this.

uglycousin #12 Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45034 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostShivvering, on 01 October 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

It happened within the first minute of the game.You carry on white-knighting these dickheads, let them justify their behavior by making stupid [edited]comments like this.

Oh, don`t get us wrong. He was an [edited]. :) It's just ... most people hate arty. :)

View Postjack_timber, on 01 October 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Want to elaborate as to why or is it just a comment to please the masses?

Thank you kindly.

Ranked battles were supposed to be about skill. Arty requires no skill.

There is a lot to talk about it, this thread might not be the best one to do so. Plenty of other threads where this topic was discusssed.

Now, don`t get me wrong, I played a lot of arty during first season of ranked. It was the easiest way to get chevrons. You sat safe in base, enemies were all clustered, you rained crap on them, and you made top 13 easy. It was nothing about skill, just a pure grindfest. After a while I felt bad about it and stopped it. Every game was 3 arties per team, was pure cancer. I did had a lot of fun hunting the enemy arties though, and thus I was probably one of the few appreciated arty players (by my own team that is) as I was mostly doing counterbattery. :D

This season I played only one battle in arty, just to see why would people still play arty as now it is harder to rank up. It feels like arty really has no place in ranked. It`s harder to rank up, people don't really play like a team and it is harder to find groups of tanks to hit. Either trolls or people with no skill play arty in ranked imho. There is no real advantage in that gamemode.

Playing the other classes nothing is more frustrating than being the one trying to be active, only to be focused by the enemy autoloader arties. #feelsgreatman.

So yea, my 2 cents about it. Arty has no place in ranked, but the compromise we could all agree is max 1 arty per team. Would still suck, but one arty is somewhat bearable.

Shivvering #13 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 01 October 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Oh, don`t get us wrong. He was an [edited]. :) It's just ... most people hate arty. :)

Ranked battles were supposed to be about skill. Arty requires no skill.

There is a lot to talk about it, this thread might not be the best one to do so. Plenty of other threads where this topic was discusssed.

Now, don`t get me wrong, I played a lot of arty during first season of ranked. It was the easiest way to get chevrons. You sat safe in base, enemies were all clustered, you rained crap on them, and you made top 13 easy. It was nothing about skill, just a pure grindfest. After a while I felt bad about it and stopped it. Every game was 3 arties per team, was pure cancer. I did had a lot of fun hunting the enemy arties though, and thus I was probably one of the few appreciated arty players (by my own team that is) as I was mostly doing counterbattery. :D

This season I played only one battle in arty, just to see why would people still play arty as now it is harder to rank up. It feels like arty really has no place in ranked. It`s harder to rank up, people don't really play like a team and it is harder to find groups of tanks to hit. Either trolls or people with no skill play arty in ranked imho. There is no real advantage in that gamemode.

Playing the other classes nothing is more frustrating than being the one trying to be active, only to be focused by the enemy autoloader arties. #feelsgreatman.

So yea, my 2 cents about it. Arty has no place in ranked, but the compromise we could all agree is max 1 arty per team. Would still suck, but one arty is somewhat bearable.

This is WoT.

Without arty to hate, the community will simply pick another scapegoat. Then we'll have Heavies TK'ing TD's because "invisible red line kemper killed me last game". 

IMO when WG introduce a new mode, like ranked, they should be actively monitoring it. Have a specific reporting mode for it and actually have someone look at the reports. Their current system is, quite frankly, crap. So to shovel more of that all over new game modes leads to more toxic gameplay. And yes, i know, some people will report for anything - this could also be actively managed though. Three pointless reports earns yourself a day ban - watch the report count drop then...

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostShivvering, on 01 October 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

This is WoT.

Without arty to hate, the community will simply pick another scapegoat. Then we'll have Heavies TK'ing TD's because "invisible red line kemper killed me last game". 

IMO when WG introduce a new mode, like ranked, they should be actively monitoring it. Have a specific reporting mode for it and actually have someone look at the reports. Their current system is, quite frankly, crap. So to shovel more of that all over new game modes leads to more toxic gameplay. And yes, i know, some people will report for anything - this could also be actively managed though. Three pointless reports earns yourself a day ban - watch the report count drop then...

I don't like autoloaders very much tbh

​So I think we should kill batchats, T57 heavies and most of the French tanks on sight and not JUST because theyre French, although that's probably reason enough by itself

​Obviously nobody would object to that because not liking it is apparently reason enough for a TK it seems

​I think scouts are pretty crap too, so lets just kill those while we're at it, and who doesn't like TDs? Mediums with high pen and good turrets? Derp heavies?

​Hell, lets not even bother with the other team, lets just kill each other off first and then when its just the tanks we "all" like THEN we attack any tanks on the enemy team that haven't been TK'd yet

Idiots

Shivvering #15 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

​So I think we should kill batchats, T57 heavies and most of the French tanks on sight and not JUST because theyre French, although that's probably reason enough by itself

​Obviously nobody would object to that because not liking it is apparently reason enough for a TK it seems

​I think scouts are pretty crap too, so lets just kill those while we're at it, and who doesn't like TDs? Mediums with high pen and good turrets? Derp heavies?

​Hell, lets not even bother with the other team, lets just kill each other off first and then when its just the tanks we "all" like THEN we attack any tanks on the enemy team that haven't been TK'd yet

Idiots

IKR. Ridiculous mentality of some posters here.

uglycousin #16 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45034 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

You two just seem like a lost cause. Really. Missing the point by a mile.

While I do agree with the fact that we will always hate something, the rest is just bullcrap.

uglycousin #17 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45034 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostShivvering, on 01 October 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

This is WoT.

Like I said, agree on the "scapegoat". But not so sure about the last part.

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Idiots

How did you come up with this crap? Not liking to be shot by arty is different than not liking to be shot by other tanks you don`t like. And apparently, explaining this to you is like fighting windmills.

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 01 October 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Arty requires no skill.

Apologies for interrupting your petulant little diatribe. Can you show some stats that indicate the accuracy of your statement, please?

Shivvering #19 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 01 October 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

You two just seem like a lost cause. Really. Missing the point by a mile.

While I do agree with the fact that we will always hate something, the rest is just bullcrap.

Not sure we are missing the point.

The point, at least the one I was trying to make, is it is not OK to TK your team for simply disliking the vehicle they are playing.

Mike's response, although a huge over-exaggeration, seems to agree with this with it's saturation in sarcasm.

Please do explain your point, that we have apparently missed?

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostYakito, on 01 October 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Ha. This is precious. I am so happy to hear 2 clickers got what they should get every battle.
I generally put anybody in a tier x arty on my blacklist.

I was in a game where i squeezed my T49 between the redline and a redline huging 103-0 and waited for my reload so i spotted the TD hit and detracked him and was reloading which was about 30s Aaaand my arty still shot the low health 103-0 and did low damage while almost teamkilling me and i had 3/4 of my hp when i got there. Some arty a-holes deserve the pain but there are at least as many if not more a-holes who paint everyone in the same color. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users