Module question, something seems awry.......

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

So I recently unlocked the WZ111 1-4 and at first thought I would keep the 110 and use the x2s to research the last gun and to train up a B crew for the second of the two tier 10 Chinese heavies

This had the tier 10 radio (A 220A), 12150-LS engine and D-25T gun researched and installed on the vehicle

I then decided that as the TOTT was ending I would sell the 110, so I sent everything to the depot and the crew to the barracks but when I look on the WZ111 1-4 although the  radio and engine are unlocked they aren't showing as being available to mount on the vehicle

I checked to make 100% sure every drop down said "send to depot" as I was going to immediately place the modules on the WZ but the option isn't there to mount them

Is this a bug or some undisclosed "feature" that makes you buy the same modules over and over again despite having them already?

Update, I just checked the depot to see what it said there and found that I have 3 of the engines on vehicles and 1 in the depot plus 3 of the radios on vehicles and 3 of those in the depot WTF?

Why do I have 3 of something in the depot but its still trying to get me to buy another one?

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 01 October 2017 - 01:09 AM.

Orkbert #2 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25512 battles

Screenshots please.

Also, have you already researched (and installed) the tracks, because if not they could simply be too heavy.

Eaglax #3 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

If you wanna keep the top-modules when you sell a tank, it's not enough to just click on "send them to depot" in the "sell-popup". You first have to mount a previous, worse gun, for example to actually send the top gun to depot, because the current mounted modules on the vehicle are sold no matter what.

as Orkbert said, pls post some screenshots, what you describe is impossible.

btw do you use mods?

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I don't know how to do screenshots on here, but tracks might be the reason. I'll see if I have the load capacity, although I am sure I wouldn't see the price to purchase the items if they "could" be fitted but the only problem was load capacity tbh but I wont know for sure for another 20k worth of XP

​Mods, yes and no. Its the same on my vanilla machine as it is on my three XVM machines

​As for it being "impossible" nothing is "impossible" in a computer game, its not what "should" happen, but if only things that "should" happen ever did there would be no such things as beta or alpha versions, bug fixes, updates or patches

​All of those only exist because things often do what theyre not supposed to do

​You don't need to dismount equipment either, I've done the same thing before without issue AND with the same mod installed. The tracks thing seems the most likely other than a glitch or WG screwing the code up with the last update like they did with the ZS BIA crews

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21494 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

I don't know how to do screenshots on here, but tracks might be the reason. I'll see if I have the load capacity, although I am sure I wouldn't see the price to purchase the items if they "could" be fitted but the only problem was load capacity tbh but I wont know for sure for another 20k worth of XP

The game will still allow you to purchase modules you cannot yet mount onto the tank. If you cannot mount it the weight will be coloured red when you hover the mouse over it.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 October 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

The game will still allow you to purchase modules you cannot yet mount onto the tank. If you cannot mount it the weight will be coloured red when you hover the mouse over it.

​The weight is the same as the previous module for both and the load capacity is 44.7/44.7, so although its full I "should" be able to mount them, but only if I purchase them despite both modules already being in my depot

Userext #7 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

printscreen 1 block above your arrow keys takes ss and then you can upload it to a site

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

(a) the gun is the second one on the 110, but the stock one on the wz 111 1-4, I do not think you can buy the high tier tank without the cost of a stock item even if you already have said item in the depot.

(b) The A 220A radio, if you have it in the depot, you buy the wz 111 1-4 with the stock A-220 radio, you then demount the stock radio, sell it, and mount the A220A you have in the depot.

(c.) The 12150-LS engine, same as the radio, you buy the wz 111 1-4 with the stock 12150 engine, you then demount the stock engine, sell it, and mount the 12150-LS you have in the depot

This reminded me to go through the depot selling stuff and I found 400,000 credits on unused ammo.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 01 October 2017 - 10:44 AM.

Mike_Mckay #9 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

https://imgur.com/a/wdihP

https://imgur.com/a/E8b08

Slyspy #10 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Forgive if I'm wrong but don't those modules have different names?

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 October 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

(a) the gun is the second one on the 110, but the stock one on the wz 111 1-4, I do not think you can buy the high tier tank without the cost of a stock item even if you already have said item in the depot.

(b) The A 220A radio, if you have it in the depot, you buy the wz 111 1-4 with the stock A-220 radio, you then demount the stock radio, sell it, and mount the A220A you have in the depot.

(c.) The 12150-LS engine, same as the radio, you buy the wz 111 1-4 with the stock 12150 engine, you then demount the stock engine, sell it, and mount the 12150-LS you have in the depot

This reminded me to go through the depot selling stuff and I found 400,000 credits on unused ammo.

​You cant dismount and sell stock equipment

​Normally an item you have in the depot doesn't have the option to purchase it, its just shown in black and you right click and mount it

These still have the purchase tab shown and mounting the item isn't an option

Eaglax #12 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

​Mods, yes and no. Its the same on my vanilla machine as it is on my three XVM machines

​As for it being "impossible" nothing is "impossible" in a computer game, its not what "should" happen, but if only things that "should" happen ever did there would be no such things as beta or alpha versions, bug fixes, updates or patches

​All of those only exist because things often do what theyre not supposed to do

​You don't need to dismount equipment either, I've done the same thing before without issue AND with the same mod installed. The tracks thing seems the most likely other than a glitch or WG screwing the code up with the last update like they did with the ZS BIA crews

since we all have the same client, and it works for me and everyone else it is indeed impossible :) (unless your installation is corrupted somehow, but that's not a bug)

You do need to dismount the equipment you wanna keep. The "sell-pop up" even says how many modules are put in the depot, if it would be true what you say, it would say at least 5 on each tank, which isn't the case. Unless you have a mod that automatically mounts the lowest modules when selling.

I also tried it myself, just to make sure :)

Slyspy #13 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The equipment in the depot is the stock equipment for the 11114 and thus not that useful. 

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSlyspy, on 01 October 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Forgive if I'm wrong but don't those modules have different names?

Actually duh, youre right

​So the actual problem seems to be that despite selecting everything going to the depot which I double checked the stuff either vanished or got sold

​Cant believe I missed that lol

​That explains why I cant just mount it but doesn't explain why its not in the depot as I send absolutely everything to the depot including every ammo listing when selling a tank

Eaglax #15 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

that's the stock equipment you have in the depot.

I assume it's like I said before, you didn't demount the top modules of the 110...

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Actually duh, youre right

​So the actual problem seems to be that despite selecting everything going to the depot which I double checked the stuff either vanished or got sold

​Cant believe I missed that lol

​That explains why I cant just mount it but doesn't explain why its not in the depot as I send absolutely everything to the depot including every ammo listing when selling a tank

Tanks are sold fully equipped, you can't strip them of all modules.  As Eaglax says - you should remount your stock equipment and send the better stuff (and ammo) to depot before you sell it.

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostEaglax, on 01 October 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

since we all have the same client, and it works for me and everyone else it is indeed impossible :) (unless your installation is corrupted somehow, but that's not a bug)

You do need to dismount the equipment you wanna keep. The "sell-pop up" even says how many modules are put in the depot, if it would be true what you say, it would say at least 5 on each tank, which isn't the case. Unless you have a mod that automatically mounts the lowest modules when selling.

I also tried it myself, just to make sure :)

Everyone also has a database entry that's unique which can be corrupted, or a unique combination of keys can cause a problem limited to just that combination. So again not "impossible" 

As for the module count I think you might be half right, it seems to sell all modules not currently mounted, which tbh is total BS and just another example of WG stealth screwing their customers over if that's how it works. But I would expect that you are sending only the selected modules to the depot as anything that isn't mounted is already in the depot anyway as it can only be either mounted on the tank or in the depot, not both

​On my caern it says 6 modules, but theres only 5 stock modules, I just bought back my Alecto to play around a bit, if I try to sell that it says there is 9 modules even though theres only 4 stock modules and 3 in the depot that "could" be fitted

​But if I look at just the Alecto engines it says the HOC is in the depot and the HOC OC is on a vehicle. 

​If I flick between the two mounting them each in turn then their status changes in the depot instantly, which would seem to suggest that the only modules you "could" send to the depot are the currently selected ones as the rest are already there

​But that doesn't explain why my Alecto can send 9 modules to the depot when only 4 are selected and only 7 are either mounted or owned

​something is definitely screwy with this

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 01 October 2017 - 11:19 AM.

CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 October 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

​something is definitely screwy with this

Just need to try and understand it instead of assuming it's faulty.

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 01 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Tanks are sold fully equipped, you can't strip them of all modules.  As Eaglax says - you should remount your stock equipment and send the better stuff (and ammo) to depot before you sell it.

​If you upgrade a module it goes to the depot, so the only modules "on" the vehicle are the currently selected ones. So they should be the only ones you have the option to either send to the depot or sell

​If you check the status of stock modules not currently on the tank theyre already in the depot whereas the selected ones show as being on a vehicle

Mike_Mckay #20 Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20488 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 01 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just need to try and understand it instead of assuming it's faulty.

That's what I am trying to do

​But when a tank with only 4 selected modules and 3 available in the depot says 9 can be sent to the depot that's screwy

​So too is it saying that only the selected modules are on the tank but "allegedly" sending stock modules to the depot even though they are already there

​And then just either selling off the upgraded ones without mentioning or showing it or just taking them off the account without giving you any silver for them would also be "screwy" 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users