Jump to content


If anyone would start a goldammo and arti-free private WoT server...


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

DaSmith #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 45997 battles
  • 189
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012
...then I love you and please sign me up asap.

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,862
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
100 million € as startup, you pay the running costs and i'll grant your wish.

Mike_Mckay #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20476 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015
I think that would be awesome


Then the grown ups could carry on playing in peace while you all go and circle jerk each other in private

Ceeb #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30264 battles
  • 5,254
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
And on this server how would you kill a VK4502b with 175 pen Tier 8.

Please say flank it.  

TsunamiFM #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18957 battles
  • 309
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View PostCeeb, on 02 October 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

And on this server how would you kill a VK4502b with 175 pen Tier 8.

Please say flank it.

 

Nah, flanking is for noobs. Pros just load premium shells and frontally penetrate angled turrets of 2 tier higher heavies:

 

Game balance in WoT



Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20476 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostTsunamiFM, on 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

 

Nah, flanking is for noobs. Pros just load premium shells and frontally penetrate angled turrets of 2 tier higher heavies:

 

Game balance in WoT

 

And this would be on the server with no premium ammo..........



lol

shishx_the_animal #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

    Colonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 31059 battles
  • 3,861
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013
I would expect a lot of threads like "HERP DERP HOW TO PEN TIER 10 IN MY TIER 8 TENK PLS HALP OMFG WG NERF T10 NAO!!!11"

Edited by shishx_the_animal, 02 October 2017 - 08:39 AM.


Geno1isme #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42663 battles
  • 7,852
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
Server dominated by Defenders, japanese field arties and german superheavies ... yeah, sounds like fun.

qpranger #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32481 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
OK, I start this server, but I need your money first because I have none.

Kozzy #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

this is so dumb it's hilarious.  I would just roll around in super heavy tanks and TDs.  With no premium ammo for high pen people would gravitate to Type 5, E100, JPE100, E3/4 with FULL HE.  So much HE.  

 

Also: RIP tanks that are 2 tiers lower...



Mimos_A #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24177 battles
  • 1,996
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostKozzy, on 02 October 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

this is so dumb it's hilarious.  I would just roll around in super heavy tanks and TDs.  With no premium ammo for high pen people would gravitate to Type 5, E100, JPE100, E3/4 with FULL HE.  So much HE.  

 

Also: RIP tanks that are 2 tiers lower...

 

Yup, it sounds like a terrible thing to play.

 

I'm not a fan of spamming premium, but it has it's purposes. If I'm in the Comet and have the side of a VK100 01P, the 2 key will be engaged, not gonna sit there watching a third of my shells bounce of his "weak" side armour...



shishx_the_animal #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

    Colonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 31059 battles
  • 3,861
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 02 October 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

 

Yup, it sounds like a terrible thing to play.

 

I'm not a fan of spamming premium, but it has it's purposes. If I'm in the Comet and have the side of a VK100 01P, the 2 key will be engaged, not gonna sit there watching a third of my shells bounce of his "weak" side armour...

 

Wow, learn to flank you scrub! :hiding:

qpranger #13 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32481 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
You people are so amazingly narrow-minded. I think it is a great idea, all I need to make it work is investment.

jabster #14 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,413
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKozzy, on 02 October 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

this is so dumb it's hilarious.  I would just roll around in super heavy tanks and TDs.  With no premium ammo for high pen people would gravitate to Type 5, E100, JPE100, E3/4 with FULL HE.  So much HE.  

 

Also: RIP tanks that are 2 tiers lower...

 

Isn't the real sticking point of how on earth do you create a private WoT server?

Mimos_A #15 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24177 battles
  • 1,996
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 02 October 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

 

Wow, learn to flank you scrub! :hiding:

 

 

Yup, sorry, my bad :hiding:



Kozzy #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postjabster, on 02 October 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

 

Isn't the real sticking point of how on earth do you create a private WoT server?

 

I think there are quite a few sticking points in this amazingly genius plan.  I was laughing at the premise for this plan rather than the implementation, of which the OP only needs a couple of million to kickstart a development team to rip off WoT.  Then some more money for the initial infrastructure.  The money will unfortunately run out as people who come up with these ideas are rarely business-savvy and so no workable payment model will be thought of.

 

 



Phobos4321 #17 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,402
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

Block Quote

 If anyone would start a goldammo and arti-free private WoT server...

 

it would get taken down by wg and he would get sued

 

also as serverbasedgame it doesnt just need traffic  but cpu power too  guess that doesnt come cheap

having 100 players online could the MM work ?

also the stuff the hoster could temper with might be far worse than the stuff any arty/goldshell could do



jabster #18 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,413
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKozzy, on 02 October 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

 

I think there are quite a few sticking points in this amazingly genius plan.  I was laughing at the premise for this plan rather than the implementation, of which the OP only needs a couple of million to kickstart a development team to rip off WoT.  Then some more money for the initial infrastructure.  The money will unfortunately run out as people who come up with these ideas are rarely business-savvy and so no workable payment model will be thought of.

 

 

Not to mention the legal fees when WG sues them. As you say though it has multiple levels of wrongness.



Jigabachi #19 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,049
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
What about we start a server for dumb and annoying people, immature brats, bots, cheaters and all kinds of other basementdwellers? That would already fix 50% of the game's issues...

Kozzy #20 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 02 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

What about we start a server for dumb and annoying people, immature brats, bots, cheaters and all kinds of other basementdwellers? That would already fix 50% of the game's issues...

 

If it had its own forum too, this forum's population would go down by a very noticeable amount and the number of "OMG rigged games!" threads would coincidentally go down too.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users