The proposed 9.21 missions changes, some help please...

boobs are boobilicious

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Being a total tomato I am still on the first set of personal missions and so far have the heavy, med and TD sets done with honours all the way through and the LT missions with honours to 13 plus just the first stage of 14 done so far

Being honest I am not a huge fan of light tanks for the most part or more accurately the pure scouts or passive scouting aspects so LT13 took me ages mainly due to rarely playing lights at all, not even the M41 GF or type 64s that I have or even the T127 which I play quite a bit on console but for some reason barely bother with on PC atm

So the first question is am I better waiting till the missions system changes and trying to complete LT15 then or would it make more sense to do it now under the current system as I couldn't really figure out what the pros and cons of each are from the video

Secondly, after just seeing the extremely good guide to mentor someone had taken the time to create on here can anyone recommend a "how to light tank" or "how to do LT15" type guide or video that's both good and reasonable for a super tomato (reverse stat padder lol) to follow

BierKanonier #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 53056 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

do it now, there isnt any reason to wait. doesnt matter what changes finally will appear. anyway it will need  a lot of games until u will get a decent map and being the only light-tank in your team, to easy finish mission

Use the search function of the forum, there are really a lot of threads about "how to do personal mission LT-15"

Mike_Mckay #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBierKanonier, on 02 October 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

do it now, there isnt any reason to wait. doesnt matter what changes finally will appear. anyway it will need  a lot of games until u will get a decent map and being the only light-tank in your team, to easy finish mission

Use the search function of the forum, there are really a lot of threads about "how to do personal mission LT-15"

For some reason the search on the forums doesn't work for me, it doesn't matter what I type in or on which PC I type it I ALWAYS get no results found, even if I enter the title of a current thread on the forums it gives no results, yet the same search in google tends to give me a link to the thread the built in search seems incapable of finding lol

Absolutely no idea why that is as a HTTP query shouldn't be affected by anything I have on my home network, my work and sandbox lans both have two layers of hardware firewall but my general VLAN only has one plus a software firewall to the outside world but as far as I know even stateful firewalls shouldn't affect a HTTP request for a search as that's server side rather than client based so its just another one of those zillions of "weird" inexplicable things

Plus I don't have problems using searches on any other sites, just WG, so I just assumed they had "upgraded" the search feature at some point

But to be fair I did think there might be multiple guides and was hoping someone else had already done the mission using one of them for a recommendation, failing that though I'll start sifting through them :)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 02 October 2017 - 05:23 AM.

BierKanonier #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 53056 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hm, have u ever thought about just to google it, if forum search doesnt work for you?

but I won' t be an a.........

so I give u one link ;)

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/469673-lt-15-how-to-do-it-on-8-maps/

or use "lights mission LT-15" in your favorite search engine and u will get more than 98k youtube vidoes for sure 

Mike_Mckay #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBierKanonier, on 02 October 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hm, have u ever thought about just to google it, if forum search doesnt work for you?

but I won' t be an a.........

so I give u one link ;)

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/469673-lt-15-how-to-do-it-on-8-maps/

or use "lights mission LT-15" in your favorite search engine and u will get more than 98k youtube vidoes for sure

Yeah the 98k is kind of the reason I asked actually

dunno about you but I run two businesses one of which I still do installation work for as well as working on a few design projects AND occasionally trying to eat sleep and sh,,,,,

Add that to the fact that as a total tomato I wouldn't know a good guide from a bad one, so I was hoping someone who DOES know the difference would already know of, or might have written one

Much more efficient use of time than wading through 98k links looking for something I might not even be able to recognise as "good" to begin with as I don't play lights much if at all on here or on console

So cheers for the link, is it a "gud un"?

Robi85 #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23509 battles

Speaking from a personal point of view and experience, just find a tank that suits you (just keep trying), equip it with optics. I had massive problems with the LT missions with the same reasons you stated, just hated them and most importantly that hate came directly from my lack of knowledge how to play them and still there are games where you see that a scout is doing his job and completely enabling his team to victory or doing a massive diifference. 

People should not forget that light tanks are scouts, so focus on early intel (let your team know enemy movements from the get go, e.g. Redshire) and focus on scouting and always be sure that you've got some backup, some TD's that got your back and can shoot what you're actually spotting. So, SCOUT SCOUT SCOUT and do the rest of the requirements with a little bit of damage in the endgame.

After learning and understanding light tanks you'll easily do all the sets of missions and LT won't be a problem even for the 55A or 260 :)

Edited by Robi85, 02 October 2017 - 09:42 AM.

clixor #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49633 battles
If you don't do it now, you have to complete ALL arty missions as well, not that they are hard, and give some nice rewards anyway. But as you are close, perhaps better do it now.

Mike_Mckay #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostRobi85, on 02 October 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Speaking from a personal point of view and experience, just find a tank that suits you (just keep trying), equip it with optics. I had massive problems with the LT missions with the same reasons you stated, just hated them and most importantly that hate came directly from my lack of knowledge how to play them and still there are games where you see that a scout is doing his job and completely enabling his team to victory or doing a massive diifference.

People should not forget that light tanks are scouts, so focus on early intel (let your team know enemy movements from the get go, e.g. Redshire) and focus on scouting and always be sure that you've got some backup, some TD's that got your back and can shoot what you're actually spotting. So, SCOUT SCOUT SCOUT and do the rest of the requirements with a little bit of damage in the endgame.

After learning and understanding light tanks you'll easily do all the sets of missions and LT won't be a problem even for the 55A or 260 :)

I think that might be my biggest problem tbh, as I don't really play lights much I don't have any high tier TT lights, I think 6 is my highest, I have the Type 64 which is also a tier 6 and the M41 GF which is a tier 8 but not exactly stellar cammo values. And as LT 15 is a 4k spotting mission it would probably be easier in something more stealthy

I am currently running it with optics, vents and cammo net as the crew isn't exactly stellar either and only has BIA, and sixth sense on the commander and cammo planned for the next skill on all crew members, So although my view range is 459 its not "huge" and the cammo value is only 25 ish, so even at top tier I'm unlikely to be spotting bush campers lol, the tier 6 as bottom tier probably wouldn't be any worse as cammo value is higher but view range is lower albeit with a lower available health pool

So its a case of trying to do the best with a bad tool for the job :)

Search_Warrant #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postclixor, on 02 October 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

If you don't do it now, you have to complete ALL arty missions as well, not that they are hard, and give some nice rewards anyway. But as you are close, perhaps better do it now.

Im ashamed to say it but i have stug4/htc/t-55a SPG missions all done with honors..every single one.. i hate myself.

Geno1isme #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40105 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Well, assuming you don't want to complete the arty missions, the system changes won't really make much of a difference to you. Also LT-15/1 won't change that much with the patch:

Primary condition

• Before: Damage caused and damage caused with your assistance must total 4,000 HP
  • Now: Damage caused and damage caused with your assistance must total 3,000 HP

Secondary condition

• Before: Survive
  • Now: Win the battle. Enable your allies to cause damage to 4 vehicles by spotting them or destroying their tracks.

LT-13/1 and LT-14/1 will become quite a bit easier though.

https://thedailyboun...ssions-changes/

Robi85 #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23509 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 02 October 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

I think that might be my biggest problem tbh, as I don't really play lights much I don't have any high tier TT lights, I think 6 is my highest, I have the Type 64 which is also a tier 6 and the M41 GF which is a tier 8 but not exactly stellar cammo values. And as LT 15 is a 4k spotting mission it would probably be easier in something more stealthy

I am currently running it with optics, vents and cammo net as the crew isn't exactly stellar either and only has BIA, and sixth sense on the commander and cammo planned for the next skill on all crew members, So although my view range is 459 its not "huge" and the cammo value is only 25 ish, so even at top tier I'm unlikely to be spotting bush campers lol, the tier 6 as bottom tier probably wouldn't be any worse as cammo value is higher but view range is lower albeit with a lower available health pool

So its a case of trying to do the best with a bad tool for the job :)

Your GF is way better then the pieces of crap that I drove doing the stug and HTC missions, as the tank itself is a prenerfed Bulldog wich was quite OP. Btw, in my opinion and now I love playing lights, you shouldn't rely that much on camo since active spotting is more rewarding and the number of times you can really count on it is slim (e.g. Prokhorovka or Malinovka with passive scouting).

You should easily get 450m with that Bulldog with BIA and optics and that is a great asset.

At least that's my point of view.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you are talking about the Stug and T28 missions, then yes some of them will be easier next patch. Inc LT-15 that has 1K cut off from both.

As for how to do LT-15? Well besides what others have said. There are still some valid spots on youtube that can help. Zeven has a light tank playlist on his channel. Not many LT-15 replays there. But he pauses the game often, especially early on to explain good spotting locations on each map etc. He mainly does "surfing" and active spotting. But there are a few passive spot replays there to. Enough to get a good explanation on some good spotting locations on most maps to get you going. Most of them are from the pre LT changes. But spotting locations have not changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67sHg1qOasE&list=PLSQZSjYHOETTOMVrGCWlK1_4uJwaLKzYH&index=25

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 October 2017 - 01:16 PM.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 02 October 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Im ashamed to say it but i have stug4/htc/t-55a SPG missions all done with honors..every single one.. i hate myself.

Wow, just wow lol

I had a look through and to be honest I don't really expect to EVER get the third set to 15

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I hadn't realised you "had" to complete all 5 after the change for the extra crew member, I thought you just got free cammo or something if you did for all of them although it did sound like you could complete the first 14 then use tokens for the last one in each set, looks like I could probably do with watching the vid again

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 02 October 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMike_Mckay, on 02 October 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

I hadn't realised you "had" to complete all 5 after the change for the extra crew member, I thought you just got free cammo or something if you did for all of them although it did sound like you could complete the first 14 then use tokens for the last one in each set, looks like I could probably do with watching the vid again

If you have 4 orders. You can skip the last one, without even doing any of the first 14. But you ofc only do the primary, not with honors. This will give you the female crew member and the primary rewards. But you won't get the camo reward, as skipping the last one in a set, don't give you credit for the 14 before it. As you need 75/75 missions to get the tank camo, and 75/75 with honors to get the camo for a normal tank of the same nation.

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 October 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

If you have 4 orders. You can skip the last one, without even doing any of the first 14. But you ofc only do the primary, not with honors. This will give you the female crew member and the primary rewards. But you won't get the camo reward, as skipping the last one in a set, don't give you credit for the 14 before it. As you need 75/75 missions to get the tank camo, and 75/75 with honors to get the camo for a normal tank of the same nation.

Cheers that makes sense and saved me some time :)

If you already have 3 sets completed with honours you would already automatically have 3 tokens then I assume? So as far as the positive discrimination tank driver I am gonna be no better or worse off either way

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 02 October 2017 - 05:17 PM.

clixor #17 Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 49633 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 October 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Has anyone tested this? Tbh that you can not do any of the missions skip the last one with orders is just ridiculous.

Mike_Mckay #18 Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16814 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postclixor, on 02 October 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Has anyone tested this? Tbh that you can not do any of the missions skip the last one with orders is just ridiculous.

But you already can, so that hasn't really changed.

ATM if you do the last mission with honours you get the female crew member for free without doing any of the SPG missions, the only difference seems to be that when it changes you will also get the prize for the basic completion too and the mission completed, which doesn't really give you much as you would still need to complete all 15 SPG missions with honours anyway (including the last one) to get the free cammo

So the only real benefit is getting the cash for the primary mission and maybe the free bunks etc if you get those too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users